7:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( -107 ) at Pittsburgh ( -101 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:07 PM EST : Cleveland ( -136 ) at Toronto ( 126 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 139 ) at NY Mets ( -151 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( 169 ) at Atlanta ( -184 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -104 ) at Minnesota ( -104 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : Miami ( 104 ) at Chi Sox ( -113 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 170 ) at LA Dodgers ( -185 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Early slate looks a little tough on pitching. Dont’ see anyone that is a clear lock for an all in, so this’ll be a day of hedging.

9 line ups:

3 – Gray
    2 – Price
    2 – Morton
    1 – Verlander
    1 – Fedde

• CJtheGrump

Price is not on the early DK slate. I’d think you’d want to go with JV, but with a Khris Davis one-off because he seems to know how to hit Verlander. No clue on 2nd pitcher. Been tempted to just take Houston’s closer and then run with whoever I want in the bats.

After his near-perfect 1 hit shutout, are people going to have reservations about attacking Leake? My gut says go after him, which means a lot of people are probably thinking this way too.

• monarch

I like Minor vs the Mariners.

As an As fan I knew that Game 1 Gerrit Cole would smoke them and they would somehow steal the next two games. I think the As are good enough today that they limit JVs ceiling and probably win the series. Just a gut feeling

• BravesStacks

Nothing like a 7 game slate to start off my morning stack Baltimore righties

• BravesStacks

Are the Reds an automatic lock today?

• monarch

@BravesStacks said...

Are the Reds an automatic lock today?

No….why?

• BravesStacks

@monarch said...

No….why?

Offense is red hot and they are facing a scrub today so why not

• monarch

@BravesStacks said...

Offense is red hot and they are facing a scrub today so why not

Chacin is not someone who surrenders a ton of HRs…only Eugenio Suarez has much power and Chacin has a pretty good walk rate.

Throw in that the BP is rested with Hader and Jeffress not pitching yesterday.

It’s a good spot for the Reds but not better than some other offenses that I’m targeting IMO.

• Ndepompei

phillies stack

• BravesStacks

@monarch said...

Chacin is not someone who surrenders a ton of HRs…only Eugenio Suarez has much power and Chacin has a pretty good walk rate.

It’s a good spot for the Reds but not better than some other offenses that I’m targeting IMO.

What other offenses you like and why

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

What numbers are you looking at? Only Velasquez and Clarke allow more HR’s and Chacin’s BB rate is well below average.

• monarch

@BravesStacks said...

What other offenses you like and why

I like both the Phillies and Tigers but I also like the Reds. If you like the Reds then play the Reds because they have just as good of a chance if being the best play today as anyone on the slate…i just dont think they are a lock as you proposed earlier

• superjon

Scrub of the day

Joey Wendel

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

What numbers are you looking at? Only Velasquez and Clarke allow more HR’s and Chacin’s BB rate is well below average.

Just in a game to game basis not HR/9. Chacin generally gives up 1 a game so Suarez or Puig might hit one and then it’s the pen. It’s not like they will let Chacin die on the mound and the entire Reds LU will be launching bombs…because they have not been doing that.

• BravesStacks

@monarch said...

Just in a game to game basis not HR/9. Chacin generally gives up 1 a game so Suarez or Puig might hit one and then it’s the pen. It’s not like they will let Chacin die on the mound and the entire Reds LU will be launching bombs…because they have not been doing that.

Milwaukee has one of the worst bullpens in mlb though

• SoreOnSunday

Yonder Alonso not in the dk player pool?

• BravesStacks

@SoreOnSunday said...

• thedkexperience

Hey guys, been a while. I wasn’t sure where else to post this so I figured this was a good spot. I haven’t had the best DFS season. It’s not bad, but I’m probably down like $100 which is a drop in the bucket but below my expectations. Anyway, what I have been doing well is using RG’s DFS info (specifically the leading off article) to SMASH parlays since the all star break. I’m currently on a streak of 8 of 10 winners.

Anyway I’ve specifically been betting on the high K guys vs the high K teams. Seems pretty simplistic but as long as the bullpens don’t blow up or one of those guys is facing another one of those guys, the win rate has been abnormally high.

Does anyone else do something like this? Today it told me to fire away with Bieber and the Indians. Yesterday my “model” spit out the Marlins starter.

Maybe I’m average at DFS but using this site for standard gambling has been a godsend. Thoughts?

• monarch

No Eugenio Suarez today FWIW

• BravesStacks

@monarch said...

No Eugenio Suarez today FWIW

Cincy lineup didn’t come out yet

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@BravesStacks said...

Cincy lineup didn’t come out yet

Came out quite a while ago.

1 – Nick Senzel ® OF $4.6K
    2 – Joey Votto (L) 1B $3.9K
    3 – Jesse Winker (L) OF $4.1K
    4 – Yasiel Puig ® OF $4.6K
    5 – Josh VanMeter (L) OF $3.1K
    6 – Scooter Gennett (L) 2B $3.5K
    7 – Jose Iglesias ® SS $3.5K
    8 – Juan Graterol ® C $2.8K
    9 – Lucas Sims ® SP $7.7K

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@SoreOnSunday said...

I don’t see him. Probably for the best.

• BravesStacks

DK is always a dollar short and late with lineups

• hithisisnom

Pitching kinda rough early, might just go a bunch of Verlander/Chacin and hope the latter doesn’t get blown up

• superjon

I went from 0 Detroit to 100% on 3-6

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler