MLB FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

4:10 PM EST: Atlanta ( 110 ) at NY Mets ( -130 ) — T: 8 Mike Soroka vs Undecided
    6:10 PM EST Detroit ( 167 ) at Cincinnati ( -183 ) — T: 8.5 Matthew Boyd vs Sonny Gray
    6:40 PM EST: Toronto ( 145 ) at Tampa Bay ( -158 ) — T: 7 Hyun-Jin Ryu vs Charlie Morton
    7:05 PM EST: Miami ( 171 ) at Philadelphia ( -188 ) — T: 8.5 Sandy Alcantara vs Undecided
    7:10 PM EST: Kansas City ( 189 ) at Cleveland ( -209 ) — T: 8.5 Danny Duffy vs Shane Bieber
    7:10 PM EST: Milwaukee ( 115 ) at Chi Cubs ( -125 ) — T: 8.5 Brandon Woodruff vs Kyle Hendricks
    7:30 PM EST: Baltimore ( 168 ) at Boston ( -184 ) — T: 9.5 John Means vs Nathan Eovaldi
    8:05 PM EST: Colorado ( ) at Texas ( ) — T: Undecided vs Lance Lynn
    8:10 PM EST: Minnesota ( 111 ) at Chi Sox ( -120 ) — T: 8 Jose Berrios vs Lucas Giolito
    8:15 PM EST: Pittsburgh ( 175 ) at St Louis ( -193 ) — T: 8 Joe Musgrove vs Jack Flaherty
    9:10 PM EST: Seattle ( 249 ) at Houston ( -280 ) — T: 8 Marco Gonzales vs Justin Verlander
    9:10 PM EST: Arizona ( 115 ) at San Diego ( -125 ) — T: 8.5 Madison Bumgarner vs Undecided
    9:40 PM EST: SF Giants ( ) at LA Dodgers ( ) — T: Jeff Samardzija vs Undecided
    10:10 PM EST: LA Angels ( 119 ) at Oakland ( -129 ) — T: 8.5 Andrew Heaney vs Frankie Montas

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

I’ve beat that drum with you in NBA. Mlb is completely different due to the outcomes for hitters being far less predictable.

Far less predictable for sure, but I’d argue across a season (if one is playing the long game) the statistically backed outcomes tend to prove true. Obvious plays are obvious for a reason. Of course, I’m a small stakes player who’s always concerned with building bank.

• jayzee666

@noddy said...

I just got home and haven’t been able to check anything. Hoping someone will be nice and let me know if there are any weather concerns tonight? TIA.

A lot of snowflakes tonight, and every night for that matter!!!

I gots the weather dial on blizzard in NY, but Degrom is pretty good. Specially when I have a good amt of Braves hitters.

Going to be tough for me to get those HR Achievements in DK.

• mr_papageorgio

I have way too much Harper and even more way too much White Sox.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

I have way too much Harper and even more way too much White Sox.

Any buzz on Musgrove? He finally fully breaking out this year? I’m surprised there’s not more traction on the Cards, who are really cheap on DK and seem to have had his number last year.

• marker0357

time to change my lineups. i have too many Beer recommendations

• Jase32

Musgrove is one of the worst pitchers and his splits look awful against the Cards.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Any buzz on Musgrove? He finally fully breaking out this year? I’m surprised there’s not more traction on the Cards, who are really cheap on DK and seem to have had his number last year.

Second stack I made. Won’t go crazy with this type of “they have his number” play. Yet they’ll be unowned and they do seem to have his number 😎

• monarch

My favorite pairing is Bieber/Montas.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

He definitely has potential I just don’t see them winning a lot of games and I think Flaherty mows them down tonight. I ended up playing more on FD today since I had some sim winnings and decided to burn that in the big $3. I did one cards stack there and have some Dejong/O’Neil one offs both there and in the 4 LUs I did on DK. The Pirates bullpen also shouldn’t be great so even if Musgrove does ok the Cards could still score late I think,

• yisman

I paid up for deGrom on yahoo. I was not aware he was on a 70 pitch count!

Could be other pitchers like this as well, although teams not being forthright with it.

• telestraightshooter

Jacob deGrom pitches 5 innings – 26.05 dK on 8 k’s

Seth Lugo steps in and fetches 6.25 dK on 2 k’s

note to self – a RP is the way to win in showDown games

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

Far less predictable for sure, but I’d argue across a season (if one is playing the long game) the statistically backed outcomes tend to prove true. Obvious plays are obvious for a reason. Of course, I’m a small stakes player who’s always concerned with building bank.

Stakes don’t matter to me. You either know what you’re talking about or not.

I hear what your saying about building bank. Yet there’s many ways to do it. You can prefer to build it consistently. I may prefer more ups and downs cashing in on the Occasional high finish.

Generally, I agree with you, just feel that specifically in baseball, its worth playing ownership more with my hitters. I don’t mean playing horrible plays. Just playing a slightly less optimal play if the ownership is significantly discounted.

• telestraightshooter

@yisman said...

Could be other pitchers like this as well, although teams not being forthright with it.

I would suspect almost NO ONE will go past 6 or 7 IP tonight, being they have extra arms in the pen for this short season.

• mr_papageorgio

Just so everyone else knows who to play, I made 16 LUs and have 0 (not even a one off) of: LAA, SFG, SEA, PIT, MIN, COL, TEX, MIL, CHI, MIA

• JIB7

@yisman said...

Announcers said “no more than 80” before the game. I was surprised he didn’t at least come out for the 6th.

• telestraightshooter

OK, let’s chat about the elephant in the room

Remember the sign stealing video software that gave home teams a absurd advantage (in big games) last 3 years?
    Is that still a thing?
    I mean da Comish told them to knock it off for 3 years straight now.

• mr_papageorgio

@telestraightshooter said...

OK, let’s chat about the elephant in the room

Remember the sign stealing video software that gave home teams a absurd advantage (in big games) last 3 years?
    Is that still a thing?
    I mean da Comish told them to knock it off for 3 years straight now.

I didn’t play a ton of HOU tonight but I don’t think it matters. They went off plenty of times on the road too. I’d be more worried about guys getting hurt or tossed after getting hit than anything else.

• superjon

Who was the genius at FD who decided that the circle around the pitcher’s face should be red?

Making it look like they were scratched.

https://vvcap.com/img/EdFkQIici.png

• Loudo2002

1 hour left and 500k spots open in the fanduel 3 dollar milly maker 😳

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@superjon said...

Making it look like they were scratched.

Agreed

Looks like no Shark tonight, Tyler Anderson in (Lefty)

• telestraightshooter

@mr_papageorgio said...

I didn’t play a ton of HOU tonight but I don’t think it matters. They went off plenty of times on the road too. I’d be more worried about guys getting hurt or tossed after getting hit than anything else.

I am not just talking about houston, I remember BOS & TBR doing it.

I’m thinking for the the season – just sayin

• jgchinz

Rolling three $3 LUs…

Paddack – Eovaldi
    Paddack – Flaherty
    Eovaldi – Flaherty

• miggs6876

@homers1226 said...

dodgers always blow it

ny yanks are glass pistiols

watch out for minny

I like N. Cruz.

• wpatrigo

Full of optimism in a new season.
    I wonder which guy will knock 3 bombs of whom I have 0% ownership.
    I’m guessing Harper.

• noddy

How full is the $3 contest of FD going to get?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).