2:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 263 ) at Houston ( -297 ) —- T: 9
    2:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -133 ) at Chi Sox ( 123 ) —- T: 10.5
    2:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 136 ) at St. Louis ( -148 ) —- T: 9
    2:20 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 111 ) at Chi Cubs ( -120 ) —- T: —
    2:35 PM EST : Colorado ( 128 ) at Texas ( -139 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 101 ) at San Diego ( -109 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -112 ) at Oakland ( 103 ) —- T: 9
    7:08 PM EST : Atlanta ( -101 ) at NY Mets ( -108 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

I like the twins and red sox stack today. Kepler, Cruz, Donaldson, JD, Chavis, along with the right cheap guys.

Locked on Bauer as my P.

• Georgesteele

Don’t love hard throwers this year. I think lack of fans prevents the pitcher from being able to locate his fastball without the batter knowing where the catcher is setting up.

• coachspitz

Mitch Keller puts it all together this year. Hoping today is the start of something legit

• miggs6876

@Georgesteele said...

Don’t love hard throwers this year. I think lack of fans prevents the pitcher from being able to locate his fastball without the batter knowing where the catcher is setting up.

No way. Have to disagree with this. These guys are pros. They can play the game at a high level with or without fans. It will only be a minor adjustment for most players especially pitchers.

• ferrara316

Akiyama at $2k. Lock it in so you can fit the high price pitchers today

• JIB7

Chalk says Bauer but I’m kinda liking Zac Gallen today.

• Lathum

@miggs6876 said...

I like the twins and red sox stack today. Kepler, Cruz, Donaldson, JD, Chavis, along with the right cheap guys.

Locked on Bauer as my P.

I would throw in some lefties or bottom of the order guys otherwise there is WAY too much chalk there.

• monarch

I thought Blake Snell was worried bout da Rona?

Freddy Peralta he throw just two pitches? One would think he gets lit up which means he will toss a perfect game

• ifthethunder

@ferrara316 said...

Akiyama at $2k. Lock it in so you can fit the high price pitchers today

And hope your high-priced pitchers don’t take a yuge Darvish on your lineups. I had him in 2 of 3 yesterday. Good thing they were risk-free. No more safety nets…
    ~

• ButBongoFiesta

I know the starting pitcher is left handed but Michael Brantley at only 3300 seems way too low. It’s not like the Astros are facing Randy Johnson.

BAL/BOS slugfest today vs 2 ragamuffin pitchers. Hot and winds blowing out.

• wpatrigo

I sure hope the rain doesn’t create problems in Stl because Keller is as low as I’m willing to go.

Anyone liking Maeda today? He’s tough on righties and although the White Sox have some pop, it’s predominantly a righty lineup.

• sneaksox

Taking a shot on Freeland today, that price is absurd if he is anywhere near 2018 form and German looked pretty good against that Texas squad yesterday. Risky but pretty much allows you to get any other SP and bats you want.

• JIB7

No Garver in the lineup. He had great numbers against Lopez.

No Moustakas either vs. the righty. That Reds stack doesn’t look as great now.

• thedkexperience

I’m gonna take a stab at Vince Velasquez because I’m a masochist who has seen this movie 200 times and yet now I’m expecting a different result.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Urena scratched.

• Wooden_Bones

@Epignosis said...

Urena scratched.

I had a little interest in PHI lefties with Urena pitching, but now I have a serious interest in them with Dugger on the mound.

Dugger’s numbers at Triple-A and in the majors are a combined 6.88 ERA and 1.61 WHIP over 87.2 innings. Not so good.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Wooden_Bones said...

I had a little interest in PHI lefties with Urena pitching, but now I have a serious interest in them with Dugger on the mound.

Dugger’s numbers at Triple-A and in the majors are a combined 6.88 ERA and 1.61 WHIP over 87.2 innings. Not so good.

Urena tested positive for COVID-19. Robert Dugger starting now. FYI.

• wpatrigo

Ugh, Akiyama at 2,000 on DK puts me in a bind.
    He’s going to have like 40% ownership at this price vs the Tigers and you can take any starter you want, as ferrari pointed out above.
    I don’t love him on a matchup basis, but you can’t argue the price. If he has a good day, he’s going to be the cash line determinant.

• Wooden_Bones

@Epignosis said...

Urena tested positive for COVID-19. Robert Dugger starting now. FYI.

Got it.

• thedkexperience

Setting lineups on FD

Setting lineups on DK

• mbunner23

@wpatrigo said...

Ugh, Akiyama at 2,000 on DK puts me in a bind.
    He’s going to have like 40% ownership at this price vs the Tigers and you can take any starter you want, as ferrari pointed out above.
    I don’t love him on a matchup basis, but you can’t argue the price. If he has a good day, he’s going to be the cash line determinant.

Same dilemma here. I’m really down to 4 outfielders in cash and I’m having a hard time cutting one. (Yelich, Schwarber, JD Mart, and Akiyama). Not sure whether to take the savings or not.

• captainwacky

I personally believe that playing any chalk hitter in baseball DFS on a 12 game slate is not a formula to winning a tournament. If you are interested in min-cashing or being safe (or in cash games), fine…. but for a sport that has an enormous failure rate and extremely volatile spikes, why would you play someone heavily owned?

• captainwacky

Like, Akiyama is in what amounts to a good spot, but I also wouldn’t play JD Martinez at 2k and 40 percent ownership. It has 0 to do with the matchup and player.

• mbunner23

@captainwacky said...

Like, Akiyama is in what amounts to a good spot, but I also wouldn’t play JD Martinez at 2k and 40 percent ownership. It has 0 to do with the matchup and player.

That doesn’t make any sense to me.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.