6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ButBongoFiesta

Good luck picking the right pitcher tonight

• mcgruffthecrimedog

What a horror show at pitching tonight. Usually I nail pitching and bomb with hitters – guaranteed it’s the opposite tonight.

• RatedDAL

Seems like the only pitchers in line to last long enough to get a QS likely won’t pitch well enough to get the QS. Horrible night. I’ll take 25 from my pitcher tonight and be satisfied.

• UGAdude

@RatedDAL said...

Seems like the only pitchers in line to last long enough to get a QS likely won’t pitch well enough to get the QS. Horrible night. I’ll take 25 from my pitcher tonight and be satisfied.

15 from a pitcher might be a good number tonight.

• dominicanpapi

Marlins/O’s game is canceled due to the Marlins situation with covid.

• mbunner23

@dominicanpapi said...

The Marlins are staying in Philly, what happens next? Tonight’s game canceled in Miami, what if they cancel the next 3 games for them?

• dominicanpapi

@mbunner23 said...

The Marlins are staying in Philly, what happens next? Tonight’s game canceled in Miami, what if they cancel the next 3 games for them?

We’re in uncharted waters man, with teams basically playing every day I don’t know how they’ll be able to make it up unless they do a double header but like you said, if they’re still out of state whats going to happen? With a condensed season, not playing a handful of games could be the difference between a playoff berth or watching the playoffs at home.

• UGAdude

They should have done the bubble like the NBA/NHL.

• zeeshan2

Feels like the Gobert game where everything comes crashing down

• bigez952

@dominicanpapi said...

Not a good situation here only being a few days in and already having a team potentially missing 1-2 weeks worth of games if it spreads to a significant portion of the team. It will be very interesting to see how they handle this and if they can find away to only miss 1 game or if it snowballs into an impossible situation as no team can make up a lost 2 weeks.

• RatedDAL

Well that was a fun baseball season.

• tippycat

I wonder if MLB can complete the season.

• mbunner23

@bigez952 said...

Not a good situation here only being a few days in and already having a team potentially missing 1-2 weeks worth of games if it spreads to a significant portion of the team. It will be very interesting to see how they handle this and if they can find away to only miss 1 game or if it snowballs into an impossible situation as no team can make up a lost 2 weeks.

This is exactly what I argued on day 1 of MLB thread.

• bigez952

@mbunner23 said...

This is exactly what I argued on day 1 of MLB thread.

I am from MN and there is 0 wiggle room on the schedule with an open stadium here and potential for snow/ freezing conditions starting as early as mid October. You can’t play baseball into November here so this proposed plan left no wiggle room and even as planned if a team like the Twins make the World Series it would be a cluster playing it in potentially low 30 degree temps on a late October/ early November evening.

• tmarohl

@bigez952 said...

I am from MN and there is 0 wiggle room on the schedule with an open stadium here and potential for snow/ freezing conditions starting as early as mid October. You can’t play baseball into November here so this proposed plan left no wiggle room and even as planned if a team like the Twins make the World Series it would be a cluster playing it in potentially low 30 degree temps on a late October/ early November evening.

That is why they should have put a roof on it.

• mcgruffthecrimedog

MLB really planned this poorly – they needed to do a bubble and they didn’t. I wouldn’t be surprised if this season gets canceled.

• bigez952

@tmarohl said...

That is why they should have put a roof on it.

I 1000% agree on this. They had an initial plan to put on a retractable roof but in order to save money and get it pushed through to force the taxpayers to pay for it they left the roof out of the plan. Even on a normal year if the Twins make a post season run it could be a total cluster trying to play a World Series in late October. The biggest snowstorm in the history of the state hit on Halloween of 1991. That storm brought nearly 30 inches of snow and many times game 7 of the World Series is scheduled into the first week of November which would have been the same timeframe as that blizzard.

• UGAdude

Rob Manfred is an incompetent buffoon.

• dominicanpapi

@UGAdude said...

ly

Worse commish in sports, didn’t think anyone could beat out Bettman but Manfred managed to pull it off.

• Fortyoz40

Baseball is BACK!

It’s GONE!

• tmarohl

@mcgruffthecrimedog said...

MLB really planned this poorly – they needed to do a bubble and they didn’t. I wouldn’t be surprised if this season gets canceled.

They probably should have had about 5 bubble sites and had all the teams in those five places.

• RatedDAL

@tmarohl said...

They probably should have had about 5 bubble sites and had all the teams in those five places.

I don’t see how baseball could’ve pulled that off. Baseball games take longer than basketball, fields need maintenance and other issues to consider.

• harryfox23

@UGAdude said...

Rob Manfred is an incompetent buffoon.

Well that’s true, wasn’t it the players that vetoed the idea of a bubble?

• harryfox23

@bigez952 said...

I guess that’s why they have this 60 man roster with an entire taxi squad separate from the main team. I think we will find out real fast here if MLB is actually going to go all the way to use it or not. Sorry to dump on Marlins fans and all, but I have to wonder if the fact that a terrible team that had almost no chance of making the playoffs in the first place will weigh in their decision making.

• tmarohl

@RatedDAL said...

I don’t see how baseball could’ve pulled that off. Baseball games take longer than basketball, fields need maintenance and other issues to consider.

30 teams, five sites, six teams per site.
    Play three games per day at each site
    Each team has their own quarantine hotel
    Could have been done, but players and owners were to busy bitching about money and did not plan this out carefully.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.