6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mr_papageorgio

@truegrinder said...

How’s the weather look in Pitt? Man a LOT of games could see some serious impact tonight

I’m not there but Roth said he thinks any rain holds off until after the game. I originally liked Houser but it seems like he’s not going to pitch long and if both teams go with bullpen games then I think you can pretty comfortably fade it. If anything, play 1 or 2 MIL bats but I wouldn’t touch anyone on the Pirates.

• truegrinder

I’m looking at these games and scared to death because of the weather when it comes to these pitchers. Love Montgomery tonight but could rain in Detroit. Cincy/Chi game and Indians/Sox looks to be most impacted tonight? Then what about brewers-Pitt. I love Houser tonight but the unknown weather with this humidity. Safe play is James and Folt. Or Glasnow. Gonna have to check closer to 6:15-6:30 to be safe…

• truegrinder

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m not there but Roth said he thinks any rain holds off until after the game. I originally liked Houser but it seems like he’s not going to pitch long and if both teams go with bullpen games then I think you can pretty comfortably fade it. If anything, play 1 or 2 MIL bats but I wouldn’t touch anyone on the Pirates.

Damn might have to play Folt and James and say screw it. Not gonna do a ton of lineups tonight. Too many uncertainties. I don’t like glasnow as much. Maybe because I seen the borage of extra base hits and power that Atlanta showed last night. Holy hell

• rourke441

site down again it says 503 service temporarily unavailable huh

• timgodd375

Which pitchers are supposed to be on pitch limits? Will montgomery?

• popalottatrot

Call me crazy but I think Anibal Sanchez may be one of the better options tonight. Hes stretched out and in the most weather safe game on the slate. Price on FD at least isnt crazy and the Blue Jays have a good offense but with the rest of the pitching options arent scary enough to cross out sanchez

• RudyPujols

@popalottatrot said...

Call me crazy but I think Anibal Sanchez may be one of the better options tonight. Hes stretched out and in the most weather safe game on the slate. Price on FD at least isnt crazy and the Blue Jays have a good offense but with the rest of the pitching options arent scary enough to cross out sanchez

I could see him going 6+ and keeping those young Blue Jay whippersnappers guessing. But the ceiling is low because he pitches to contact typically. And the floor is low facing a bunch of power bats in a hot one with wind blowing out. With this funky slate, though, I don’t think you are crazy.

• telestraightshooter

@mr_papageorgio said...

I wouldn’t touch Glasnow or Folty with a 100 foot pole tonight. I doubt either of them see the 6th inning and that’s the best case scenario.

who is going to see more than 6 innings?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Starting to come around on Folty. I mean, is he the safest option? DK pricing overall is kind of soft today. There’s some dudes who are super expensive, like on the Mets, but overall a lot of cheap plays. You can basically do whatever you want at pitcher. Especially if CHW/CLE and CIN/CHC wash out.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m seeing some rumblings that Brault is working more as an opener and Chad Khul will be coming in behind him. Also hearing that Khul modified his delivery in the offseason and has shown improvement. I started writing this to say you could maybe play Khul as a super punt in a few LUs if doing MME but then I looked and DK has him priced at $8200 LOL

I doubt either throws more than 4 innings so my take regarding Pirates pitchers is:

But Brault is only $4300. If he gets me 12 pts I can live with that. And that allows me to stack every single position.

• mr_papageorgio

@thedude404 said...

But Brault is only $4300. If he gets me 12 pts I can live with that. And that allows me to stack every single position.

Unless he gets a 15 point bonus for being names Steven he’s not getting 12 points lol

The more I look at this slate the more I feel like you just have to play Glasnow and James. Cease could break the slate but I just can’t trust him plus the weather looks iffy.

• elmore0631

@monarch said...

Day games in Oakland are not offense friendly looking into the sun

I know a past player- who said something similar his least fav park to play in .

• truegrinder

@Pandamonious said...

Starting to come around on Folty. I mean, is he the safest option? DK pricing overall is kind of soft today. There’s some dudes who are super expensive, like on the Mets, but overall a lot of cheap plays. You can basically do whatever you want at pitcher. Especially if CHW/CLE and CIN/CHC wash out.

I have to think Folty is the safest. And James. I don’t want to touch Glasnow. The Braves BATS ARE HOT. Papa talked me away from Houser. Also think Montgomery is a good play granted they don’t get rain up in the motor city. I mean everyone knows how much the tigers strike out…

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@truegrinder said...

I have to think Folty is the safest. And James. I don’t want to touch Glasnow. The Braves BATS ARE HOT. Papa talked me away from Houser. Also think Montgomery is a good play granted they don’t get rain up in the motor city. I mean everyone knows how much the tigers strike out…

Braves though have that playing Sunday night then traveling thing though.

Didn’t that use to be a thing? The team that played Sunday night and had to travel sucks on Monday? Same for the Met’s too really.

• JSteele

@truegrinder said...

Also think Montgomery is a good play granted they don’t get rain up in the motor city. I mean everyone knows how much the tigers strike out…

Montgomery isn’t really a strikeout pitcher, and Detroit hits lefties well. 2-5 is all worth a stack.

• jaf373

Well, if you’ve ever wanted to get Ronald Acuna at sub-5% ownership on a small slate, today is your day.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Braves though have that playing Sunday night then traveling thing though.

Didn’t that use to be a thing? The team that played Sunday night and had to travel sucks on Monday? Same for the Met’s too really.

No chance I’m fading the Mets today. Dominic Smith double dong night plus one for Pete!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

No chance I’m fading the Mets today. Dominic Smith double dong night plus one for Pete!

Yeah, no I like the Mets like everyone does. They didn’t really play last night anyway. Ha-ha.

Really liking this slate. Going heavy on the rain games. Think they all play, and hopefully have lowered ownership.

Plus my DFS guilty pleasure of 2019 is in. Ryan O’Hearn.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Plus my DFS guilty pleasure of 2019 is in. Ryan O’Hearn.

He was one of mine last year but I think I have to prioritize Pete.

• elmore0631

#Rays manager Kevin Cash on RHP “(player-popup #tyler-glasnow)Tyler Glasnow”:/players/tyler-glasnow-34679’s first start of the season: “He is built up to throw anywhere between that 65 and 85 [pitch] mark … it has been a pretty unique spring for him, our buildup for him, and we will see how the game unfolds”

• monarch

Any info on the umpires? They should be out by now but I can’t find anything

Clevey PPD – Rains

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Any info on the umpires? They should be out by now but I can’t find anything

Nope. Just Gabe Morales for SEA/HOU…

• yisman

bichette scratched

• jayzee666

I just wanted to thank the REAPER for allowing me to cash for this long in a contest (2 game dk)! That Weaver implosion was way overdue!
    He pretty much slams the door in my face on the first pitch, but he must be feeling sorry for me after all these years!
    Well lets get to see how long he gives me hope for tonight!

I am still stacking the White Sox game! Don’t care where the 0s come from!!

Oh yeah, hopefully I improve my 0-9 HR streak over at FD – the Free Contest!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.