6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

I want to take a second a thank everyone who continued to participate in the thread for staying on topic and focused on the slate after the wildness of this morning and early afternoon.

Also wish everyone luck on tonight’s slate.

• Lathum

@Yeoman said...

I live about ten miles NE of the Cincinnati ballpark and a rather large chunk of one our trees just hit the ground. From the radar it looks like the rain is still a few miles away and I can hear the thunder to confirm.

If it times out right and they go ahead with first pitch you might get about ten minutes of 50mph launching pad. Or they might do the smart thing and just stay in the dugouts.

I used to live in Madeira, beautiful area.

• Yeoman

@marker0357 said...

came through N Indy a few hours ago. It was nasty but not more than an hour.

Unfortunately some stronger stuff has popped up downriver from here. If it hits it’ll last a lot more than a hour, but it could miss on the Kentucky side. Hard to tell.

• HoodsFromTheWood

I used to be taller

• jjwd

@Pandamonious said...

I want to take a second a thank everyone who continued to participate in the thread for staying on topic and focused on the slate after the wildness of this morning and early afternoon.

debating a popular and pertinent MLB issue in an MLB thread is not “wild”. You’re allowed to make the rules here and you don’t want debate about the virus. Just be honest about it.

• choppadown

@Pandamonious said...

Good luck to you as well Panda

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@jjwd said...

debating a popular and pertinent MLB issue in an MLB thread is not “wild”. You’re allowed to make the rules here and you don’t want debate about the virus. Just be honest about it.

Read the top of the page:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games

What does the survival rate of covid or how sick an athlete will be from it have to do with strategy for today’s slate?

There’s an NBA thread for 3/11 still talking about it. I have many posts there talking and debating it. This thread is not for that. This thread is very specific to strategy for today’s slate.

• Zieg30

@jjwd said...

We’ve had nearly 5 months of debate about the virus in the NBA 3/11 thread, and Panda has been a frequent participant.

I was compelled to respond to your posts downplaying the virus as well, but also don’t think either of ours needed to be here.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@jjwd said...

I can see both sides. In the NBA thread the last 4+ months I can assure you Panda can and has given his thoughts on the issue at times. On the flip side, he wants to keep this MLB thread on topic or it will explode out of control because there are plenty of people willing to vent on the virus topic.
    That being said…I can also see your point in that the MLB season in general is in a bit of trouble here because some people are taking the extreme side when they see the number of COVID cases…so it does directly impact the state of the game and therefore, fantasy implications.

On a MLB note….good start for Glasgow. Hope he goes 5 innings at least:)

• Zieg30

@harryfox23 said...

I won a $333 ticket a few days ago and have never treaded in these waters before. With 17 minutes until start it only has 2157/3336 entered. Is this normal for a high priced event like this to not fill up? I don’t have the cash to do it, but it looks like a pretty big overlay.

I only tread these waters myself when I win such tickets and am with you tonight.

Went with a true chalk lineup. I think I have 6 of the top 10 (projected) most owned players in my lineup. I really wanted to fade James, but just couldn’t do it.

I’m basically just trying to min-cash (while keeping some limited upside to win it all).

• homers1226

so did my afternoon nap

had 10 mins to make lu

would have been lost without this thread

• zeeshan2

I took out my entries tonight; a lot of players I had in my LUs last night aren’t playing either because of their team or the game being canceled and it’s just too much mental strength lol to think of other pivots and go from there

• yisman

That $333 contest ended up being 1.8% rake after the flood of late entries, btw

• mr_papageorgio

@Zieg30 said...

I only tread these waters myself when I win such tickets and am with you tonight.

Went with a true chalk lineup. I think I have 6 of the top 10 (projected) most owned players in my lineup. I really wanted to fade James, but just couldn’t do it.

I’m basically just trying to min-cash (while keeping some limited upside to win it all).

GL in the $333, who do you have? I’ve got NYM/KC with the chalk pitchers and a one off. Didn’t go conventional with either stack and hoping that’s enough to be different.

• Zieg30

@jlowery73 said...

I can see both sides. In the NBA thread the last 4+ months I can assure you Panda can and has given his thoughts on the issue at times. On the flip side, he wants to keep this MLB thread on topic or it will explode out of control because there are plenty of people willing to vent on the virus topic.
    That being said…I can also see your point in that the MLB season in general is in a bit of trouble here because some people are taking the extreme side when they see the number of COVID cases…so it does directly impact the state of the game and therefore, fantasy implications.

I love that we’re now debating debating about the virus, and I suspect Panda will delete this as well (understandable, Panda), but I do think there’s a distinction between expressing concern about whether certain games will be postponed due to virus concerns and criticizing MLB (or players) for being cautious because you disagree. One is directly related to DFS, the other is making a larger statement that really doesn’t have anything to do with the night’s games and strategy.

• Yeoman

@Lathum said...

I used to live in Madeira, beautiful area.

Ahh…Benintendi country. We’re a little north of you, in Montgomery.

• homers1226

mmmm

budweiser,take me away

• jjwd

@Pandamonious said...

What does the survival rate of covid or how sick an athlete will be from it have to do with strategy for today’s slate?

You had no problem with several members posting doom and gloom in the first 5 pages of this thread. When I pushed back, giving my MLB opinion in an MLB thread about how the MLB should/would handle the virus, you decided to delete all my posts. That’s your prerogative. But now you keep talking about your censorship, so I’m going to push back again and give my opinion.

We were all talking about the unprecedented sports era we’re living through, with different teams and leagues making big decisions every day, literally resulting in changes to today’s DFS slate.

Maybe start an MLB virus thread and/or ask your bosses how to handle the issue in the future.

• Zieg30

@mr_papageorgio said...

GL in the $333, who do you have? I’ve got NYM/KC with the chalk pitchers and a one off. Didn’t go conventional with either stack and hoping that’s enough to be different.

I have a 3-3-2 stack going NYM/BOS/HOU, with (I’m guessing) two of the top three chalk pitchers (not Glasnow). I liked my 3-3-2 better when it had Cespedes, but when he was scratched I went to Conforto and had to move around another piece.

GL to you as well!

• monarch

Braves stack activated

• mr_papageorgio

@Zieg30 said...

I have a 3-3-2 stack going NYM/BOS/HOU, with (I’m guessing) two of the top three chalk pitchers (not Glasnow). I liked my 3-3-2 better when it had Cespedes, but when he was scratched I went to Conforto and had to move around another piece.

GL to you as well!

Thanks! I couldn’t fit Conforto but I like him as much as anyone else wearing blue and orange tonight. See ya at the top hopefully.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@jjwd said...

Still upset about earlier huh?

You have about 350+ pages to read.

Corona, Politics, and NBA

Its Exhausting.

Read that and if you still want to talk about it I’ll join you in there and help add a couple more pages

• teamwillow

i hope i win big tonight boys! i hope we ALL win big!

• synth

@Zieg30 said...

I think playing those huge ticket games you won a satty for to min cash is pretty optimal, so good job and good luck

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@jjwd said...

You had no problem with several members posting doom and gloom in the first 5 pages of this thread. When I pushed back, giving my MLB opinion in an MLB thread about how the MLB should/would handle the virus, you decided to delete all my posts. That’s your prerogative. But now you keep talking about your censorship, so I’m going to push back again and give my opinion.

We were all talking about the unprecedented sports era we’re living through, with different teams and leagues making big decisions every day, literally resulting in changes to today’s DFS slate.

Maybe start an MLB virus thread and/or ask your bosses how to handle the issue in the future.

I don’t live on the thread. I keep an eye on it. I let stuff go for a bit, then I saw it spiraling into the predominant thing on a thread that is not what the thread is for. Then I took action. I didn’t just delete your posts. I deleted at least 35 posts, from several posters. For some reason you’re taking it personal.

You are more than welcome to start your own thread on the topic. Regular RG users can start threads of their own. Not just mods.

Again, the large majority of the covid discussion had zero to do with today’s actual slate. That’s what was deleted.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.