6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• bigez952

@harryfox23 said...

I guess that’s why they have this 60 man roster with an entire taxi squad separate from the main team. I think we will find out real fast here if MLB is actually going to go all the way to use it or not. Sorry to dump on Marlins fans and all, but I have to wonder if the fact that a terrible team that had almost no chance of making the playoffs in the first place will weigh in their decision making.

The interesting part is tonight the Yankees are going into the same locker room that the Marlins just came out of so we will get to see how good their cleaning protocols are.

• MrMadness001

Orioles/Marlins game cancelled. Probably gonna cancel the Phillies/Yankees game as well as the Yankees have said they are very cautious about playing in Philadelphia now with how many Marlins guys tested positive.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@MrMadness001 said...

Orioles/Marlins game cancelled. Probably gonna cancel the Phillies/Yankees game as well as the Yankees have said they are very cautious about playing in Philadelphia now with how many Marlins guys tested positive.

Shouldn’t the Phillies proximity to the Marlins players be a concern? This Phils game looks dicey.

• MrMadness001

@bigez952 said...

The interesting part is tonight the Yankees are going into the same locker room that the Marlins just came out of so we will get to see how good their cleaning protocols are.

Also the worry of how many Phillies players were exposed and now have it to spread it. That is probably the bigger worry then the facilities.

• mbunner23

Yankees and Phillies could get canceled today as well. It’s going to get interesting.

• bigez952

@sochoice said...

Shouldn’t the Phillies proximity to the Marlins players be a concern? This Phils game looks dicey.

I agree that this game may be cancelled as well since at the very least they should be cleaning ever inch of the visitors locker room all day today that the Marlins were in before allowing the Yankees in there.

• MrMadness001

@sochoice said...

Yep, that is probably the bigger concern. How many Phillies guys may now have it. I can’t see how they play tonight. MLB is having an emergency meeting today so I wouldn’t be shocked if they just cancel the whole slate of games today to rethink things.

• RatedDAL

@tmarohl said...

30 teams, five sites, six teams per site.
    Play three games per day at each site
    Each team has their own quarantine hotel
    Could have been done, but players and owners were to busy bitching about money and did not plan this out carefully.

So the already unbalanced schedule becomes even more unbalanced by the same 6 teams playing over and over? Or they have to leave the bubble to travel defeating the point of the bubble?

• zeeshan2

Oof

https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/1287740873560784898

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Geez guys.

Phillies/Yankees almost certainly gets cancelled as has been said. Phillies will all probably quarantine themselves until tomorrow, then get tested today and or tomorrow. If they come back clean, then they play 2 with the Yanks tomorrow or more likely Wednesday.

Miami players do the same. A chunk of their B-squad comes up, and they play 2 with the O’s tomorrow or more likely Wednesday.

There was no way they were going to play this season without an outbreak somewhere. There will probably be multiple team outbreaks Sucks for the Marlins. You hope they all make quick recoveries for those that aren’t asymptomatic. Hopefully the Phillies are OK, since the body fluid swapping and close contact would be close to nil. The biggest concern is obviously the older coaches contracting it, at least to me.

Every player who is playing, every coach who is coaching signed up for this. They knew the risks. Now that the risks are being realized, I wouldn’t be surprised if some players from all over the league, coaches too, start having second thoughts, but I highly doubt this is the beginning of the end. Now if this happens, 2, 3, or more times in the next week….maybe.

• Wooden_Bones

@Fortyoz40 said...

Baseball is BACK!

It’s GONE!

I’m going to reserve now the joke “Baseball is going, going, gone!” when the season abruptly ends.

• yanksfan1

MLB should just have the Yankees go to Baltimore instead and play the Orioles, should be easy to rework the schedule since NYY, BAL, MIA and PHI are all in the East divisions

• monarch

Why don’t they utilize doubleheaders? The Athletics and Angels are set to wrap up a four game series today. Wouldn’t it make more sense in an ongoing pandemic for these two teams to meet up twice instead of four separate occasions?

• tmarohl

@RatedDAL said...

So the already unbalanced schedule becomes even more unbalanced by the same 6 teams playing over and over? Or they have to leave the bubble to travel defeating the point of the bubble?

Well, it is weird times. Could have done bubbles by division and only played divisional baseball.

• zeeshan2

yankees-phillies game canceled according to rosental

• ifthethunder

Well this is not going to get better, is it?

In the meantime, my pitching thought: Just choose the hitters you want. See what’s leftover and use that for SP1 and SP2.
    ~

• bucherpsu08

Are there any reports of whether or not the ones that tested positive are actually sick? Or just more asymptomatic positives due to forced testing?

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Geez guys.

Phillies/Yankees almost certainly gets cancelled as has been said. Phillies will all probably quarantine themselves until tomorrow, then get tested today and or tomorrow. If they come back clean, then they play 2 with the Yanks tomorrow or more likely Wednesday.

Miami players do the same. A chunk of their B-squad comes up, and they play 2 with the O’s tomorrow or more likely Wednesday.

There was no way they were going to play this season without an outbreak somewhere. There will probably be multiple team outbreaks Sucks for the Marlins. You hope they all make quick recoveries for those that aren’t asymptomatic. Hopefully the Phillies are OK, since the body fluid swapping and close contact would be close to nil. The biggest concern is obviously the older coaches contracting it, at least to me.

Every player who is playing, every coach who is coaching signed up for this. They knew the risks. Now that the risks are being realized, I wouldn’t be surprised if some players from all over the league, coaches too, start having second thoughts, but I highly doubt this is the beginning of the end. Now if this happens, 2, 3, or more times in the next week….maybe.

Start looking at Cincinnati, with Moose and the other guy. they could have a mini outbreak going on.

In other news, my local little league just suspended the season after several players and coaches tested positive for the rona.

• RatedDAL

@tmarohl said...

Well, it is weird times. Could have done bubbles by division and only played divisional baseball.

I was thinking that might’ve been better. 4 sites, 2 divisions per league again. One site for each division.

• laser1000000

@Pandamonious said...

Geez guys.

I agree with this. What concerns me is that the early indications are that it caught Manfred and Co. flatfooted. Competent leadership would already have gamed this out, and would have had, if not a formal statement at the ready, would at least have had surrogates circulating talking points to allay fears and help manage expectations within minutes of the announcement. The fact that this doesn’t seem to be happening suggests to me that MLB’s plan was to hope this didn’t happen. So the season may not end today, but it will certainly end soon.

• mbunner23

@laser1000000 said...

I agree with this. What concerns me is that the early indications are that it caught Manfred and Co. flatfooted. Competent leadership would already have gamed this out, and would have had, if not a formal statement at the ready, would at least have had surrogates circulating talking points to allay fears and help manage expectations within minutes of the announcement. The fact that this doesn’t seem to be happening suggests to me that MLB’s plan was to hope this didn’t happen. So the season may not end today, but it will certainly end soon.

This^^^^^

Spot on.

It does indeed come off as the MLB just hoping this wouldn’t happen.

• Yeoman

@ifthethunder said...

In the meantime, my pitching thought: Just choose the hitters you want. See what’s leftover and use that for SP1 and SP2.

42% of Kansas City at bats have been strikeouts. That’s a lot.

47% of Detroit at bats have been strikeouts. That’s ridiculous.

Admittedly, KC saw some good pitchers and I know it’s a very small sample, but these still seem like they might be actionable numbers. Mike Montgomery and Michael Fulmer? Can you wade that far into the shallow end of the pitcher pool?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Today’s MLB slate has nothing to do with Biden or Trump.

Please. Stop. Now.

And focus on today’s slate. Despite popular belief, I do not like using the delete button.

Let’s stay on topic.

• tmarohl

I have been saying this for months, but no way in hell are they going to be able to have Pro or College Football. My bet is they don’t get through the first couple of weeks of training camp before coming to this conclusion.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Today’s MLB slate has nothing to do with Biden or Trump.

Please. Stop. Now.

And focus on today’s slate. Despite popular belief, I do not like using the delete button.

Let’s stay on topic.

We have the 400 page plus NBA 3/15 thread for politics :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).