6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• telestraightshooter

@tippycat said...

I wonder if MLB can complete the season.

There are Rx’s that are available they can kill off the ‘rona in healthy person in a few days

The 1st thing in this MATH+ protocol is an inhaled corticoSteroid and Zinc

CDC just updated their guidelines so 2 negative tests 24hrs apart is considered ‘rona free

• Wooden_Bones

@Pandamonious said...

Today’s MLB slate has nothing to do with Biden or Trump.

Please. Stop. Now.

And focus on today’s slate. Despite popular belief, I do not like using the delete button.

Let’s stay on topic.

I’m all for you using the delete button on political posts. Redirect them to the NBA 3/11 thread.

• harryfox23

Whelp, so much for discussing baseball in the baseball thread…sigh…

• Wooden_Bones

@telestraightshooter said...

There are Rx’s that are available they can kill off the ‘rona in healthy person in a few days

The 1st thing in this MATH+ protocol is an inhaled corticoSteroid and Zinc

CDC just updated their guidelines so 2 negative tests 24hrs apart is considered ‘rona free

Seriously, the NBA 3/11 thread is still available.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Yeoman said...

42% of Kansas City at bats have been strikeouts. That’s a lot.

47% of Detroit at bats have been strikeouts. That’s ridiculous.

Admittedly, KC saw some good pitchers and I know it’s a very small sample, but these still seem like they might be actionable numbers. Mike Montgomery and Michael Fulmer? Can you wade that far into the shallow end of the pitcher pool?

Both teams faced a series of strike out heavy pitchers in Castillo, Bauer, Clevinger, Bieber and don’t recall who else. I wouldn’t lean too heavily on that. Not sure how much Fulmer pitches.

It’s a shame, because Lopez and to an extent Arrietta were really solid options. That price on Folty on DK is INSANE. Houser and James are the absolute best options at this point it seems. Anything else is a dart. How many pitches will Glasnow get?

Weather issues in multiple places too doesn’t help.

• bucherpsu08

@tmarohl said...

I have been saying this for months, but no way in hell are they going to be able to have Pro or College Football. My bet is they don’t get through the first couple of weeks of training camp before coming to this conclusion.

My question is but why though? Are we going to wait until this virus doesn’t exist anymore? Take this as a hypothetical. Say the MLB season was cancelled and they decided they were going do mandatory daily or every other day testing for all MLB players anyway. You’d still get these positive case outbreaks regardless of if they were playing baseball or not. This is the result of regular mandatory testing, not necessarily the fact that they are playing a sport. How many athletes who have tested positive have actually indicated they were even moderately sick?

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Pandamonious said...

Today’s MLB slate has nothing to do with Biden or Trump.

Please. Stop. Now.

And focus on today’s slate. Despite popular belief, I do not like using the delete button.

Let’s stay on topic.

No problem. I’m taking bets on whether MLB makes it to the end of next week. Also, the NBA may not even last a week. As for tonight, play the chalk since those are the only games that will be left between Covid 19 cancellations and the rain.

• telestraightshooter

@Wooden_Bones said...

I’m all for you using the delete button on political posts. Redirect them to the NBA 3/11 thread.

yeah, just giv’em the 311 about the 311 thread
    … which ironically, is on page 404 …..

• depalma13

@bigez952 said...

You can’t play baseball into November here so this proposed plan left no wiggle room and even as planned if a team like the Twins make the World Series

They can play into December and January. They will just play in Florida, Arizona or LA.

The sport is a TV show.

• telestraightshooter

@Wooden_Bones said...

Seriously, the NBA 3/11 thread is still available.

not political – we are discussing PPDs probabilities
    =)

• RatedDAL

@Pandamonious said...

Both teams faced a series of strike out heavy pitchers in Castillo, Bauer, Clevinger, Bieber and don’t recall who else. I wouldn’t lean too heavily on that. Not sure how much Fulmer pitches.

It’s a shame, because Lopez and to an extent Arrietta were really solid options. That price on Folty on DK is INSANE. Houser and James are the absolute best options at this point it seems. Anything else is a dart. How much pitches will Glasnow get?

Weather issues in multiple places too doesn’t help.

Yeah but Detroit was a K goldmine last year so I’m not ignoring those numbers.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

I have been saying this for months, but no way in hell are they going to be able to have Pro or College Football. My bet is they don’t get through the first couple of weeks of training camp before coming to this conclusion.

Yep. NBA had the most workable plan but that largely worked due to the limited team and court size. You can track their progress at the beginning of the bubble when players were still testing positive and as they stayed in isolation fewer and were until zero were testing positive. No sport without lockdown is going to be able to avoid outbreaks.

Going to be very interesting to see what Texas is going to do with High School football. They’ve already pushed back all UIL activity for the largest schools, but there are people in Texas who would literally rather die than cancel a high school football season.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Despite popular belief, I do not like using the delete button.

I support Panda. With a gif!
    ~

• mbunner23

@sochoice said...

No problem. I’m taking bets on whether MLB makes it to the end of next week. Also, the NBA may not even last a week. As for tonight, play the chalk since those are the only games that will be left between Covid 19 cancellations and the rain.

Not to get too far off the topic of baseball but NBA has a heck of a better chance to finish the season.

• Wooden_Bones

@Pandamonious said...

Houser and James are the absolute best options at this point it seems.

Unfortunately, this is true.

I don’t trust Glasnow to get enough of a leash tonight in order to payoff his salary on DK. “Glasnow will take it one inning at a time in Monday’s home start against the Braves, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.” That, and him throwing three innings his last exhibition game leads me to believe he gets three innings in tonight.. four if he’s lights out.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Next potential dominoes tonight. Watch the Reds game both for Covid and rain. And maybe, just maybe watch the Detroit game since the Tigers players were just in Cincy. Red Sox and Astros for the chalky win.

• RatedDAL

Zero chance Glasnow pays off that salary.

Full game stack at Fenway for me.

• Pick1979

MLB needs to save the season

Make the Marlins go with their “B”’or “C” team . There should be rules in place to expand rosters so someone can field a team of healthy players for this obvious potential situation .

• telestraightshooter

Tyler Glasnow and who else?

• Yeoman

@Pandamonious said...

Both teams faced a series of strike out heavy pitchers in Castillo, Bauer, Clevinger, Bieber and don’t recall who else.

Carrasco and Gray. Both Ohio teams have some live arms in their bullpens too.

But Bieber was one short of the all-time opening day record. Bauer was, I think, one short of his career high. And I’m pretty sure Detroit set the all time record for most strikeouts in the first three games of a season. The Reds may have some K-heavy starters but it’s for sure not the greatest staff of all time.

I’ll probably grimace and roll Montgomery out there today. It’s not like we’ve got a lot of good choices.

• synth

While the NBA spent their downtime setting up safety precautions for all of their players, talking with the player reps about what the players would feel most safe with, and listening to experts about how best to ensure the season happens, MLB and its players argued over how big of a percentage of the billions of revenue they’d get. Now it’s a weekend into the season and it’s already starting to crash down.

It doesn’t bode well for the NFL either with them not really taking any precautions either.

• txdave41

Geez, glad I held off buying MLB tv this weekend.

• synth

The pitching today blows.
    Some games are cancelled.
    There’s heavy rain in the Cincy forecast.
    Same with Cleveland.

Today might be a day to practice good game selection and just skip it all.

I think Wacha might have some potential given the Sox lineup has been rough so far? I don’t love it but I don’t love anything. Might pair with Houser?

Lots of good bats though

• telestraightshooter

@RatedDAL said...

Zero chance Glasnow pays off that salary.

reasoning?

• zeeshan2

MLB holding an emergency meeting today

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericjackson/status/1287750533638430723?s=21

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler