6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• depalma13

@synth said...

While the NBA spent their downtime setting up safety precautions for all of their players, talking with the player reps about what the players would feel most safe with, and listening to experts about how best to ensure the season happens, MLB and its players argued over how big of a percentage of the billions of revenue they’d get. Now it’s a weekend into the season and it’s already starting to crash down.

It doesn’t bode well for the NFL either with them not really taking any precautions either.

And as soon as a player leaves the bubble, he headS to his favorite strip club. The NBA will be fine as long as anyone who leaves the bubble gets a mandatory 14 day isolation when they return. If not it will just be a matter of time before it’s shutdown.

• telestraightshooter

@telestraightshooter said...

Tyler Glasnow and who else?

• Wooden_Bones

reasoning?

He won’t pitch enough innings. I’d speculate 3-4 innings for him tonight.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

reasoning?

07/26/2020 10:30:56 AM EST
    UPDATE: Glasnow will take it one inning at a time in Monday’s home start against the Braves, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
    ANALYSIS: He threw three innings in his final exhibition start in camp and was just so-so, as he struck out five but walked four. It sounds like Glasnow could theoretically go five-plus innings if he’s on, but it also wouldn’t be surprising if he didn’t go deep enough to qualify for a win in his first start of the season. He lines up for a two-step, with his second start of the week coming in Baltimore over the weekend.

• frugal

@depalma13 said...

And as soon as a player leaves the bubble, he headS to his favorite strip club. The NBA will be fine as long as anyone who leaves the bubble gets a mandatory 14 day isolation when they return. If not it will just be a matter of time before it’s shutdown.

That’s exactly the plan. Not sure of the isolation period but a player must isolate and have 2 negative tests before returning. Lou Will is already listed as out for the 1st game back for this very reason, going to pick up “wings” from a strip club.

• RatedDAL

reasoning?

It sure doesn’t sound as if he has a long enough leash pitch count wise to pay off 9700 on FD vs Atlanta.

• mr_papageorgio

I wouldn’t touch Glasnow or Folty with a 100 foot pole tonight. I doubt either of them see the 6th inning and that’s the best case scenario.

• Yeoman

@depalma13 said...

And as soon as a player leaves the bubble, he headS to his favorite strip club.

Maybe there needs to be a strip club inside the bubble? Preferably one with good wings.

• Sleazygreazy

@Pick1979 said...

MLB needs to save the season

Make the Marlins go with their “B”’or “C” team . There should be rules in place to expand rosters so someone can field a team of healthy players for this obvious potential situation .

I haven’t thrown in a pitch in 18 years, but at this rate I think I may have to start throwing some long toss and stay loose in case I’m needed

• Wooden_Bones

I really wish the TOR/WAS game was on the main slate. There’s going to be some runs scored in that game!

• tmarohl

@bucherpsu08 said...

My question is but why though? Are we going to wait until this virus doesn’t exist anymore? Take this as a hypothetical. Say the MLB season was cancelled and they decided they were going do mandatory daily or every other day testing for all MLB players anyway. You’d still get these positive case outbreaks regardless of if they were playing baseball or not. This is the result of regular mandatory testing, not necessarily the fact that they are playing a sport. How many athletes who have tested positive have actually indicated they were even moderately sick?

Well, I think in MLB they are testing every other day or something like that. To have it pass to 14 people in a couple days, in a non contact sport like baseball, shows how fast this spreads. How they are going to do other sports like football is beyond me.

• monarch

How bad are the Phillies that a team ravaged by coronavirus beat the snot out of them?

• zeeshan2

@frugal said...

That’s exactly the plan. Not sure of the isolation period but a player must isolate and have 2 negative tests before returning. Lou Will is already listed as out for the 1st game back for this very reason, going to pick up “wings” from a strip club.

to be fair, the wings are actually named after him

• monarch

DK needed to make their SD offerings better today

• frugal

@zeeshan2 said...

to be fair, the wings are actually named after him

So are several of the employee’s kids.

• RudyPujols

Nobody gonna pair Josh James with Lu-Cheesey? I have an unhealthy bias for funky lefties in the early going. That was the build I gravitated to this morn.

• monarch

@RudyPujols said...

Nobody gonna pair Josh James with Lu-Cheesey? I have an unhealthy bias for funky lefties in the early going. That was the build I gravitated to this morn.

I believe the Dbacks were the team last year that opened up cans on lefties throughout the season.

• thedkexperience

Anyone else been horrifically awful at this the first 3 days?

I may take a day off cause my goodness it’s been a bloodbath.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@RudyPujols said...

I would think about it, but on DK and FD the main slates don’t have the SD/AZ game.

• hautalak

@thedkexperience said...

No rest. No sleep. MLB is getting iffy.. Keep playing. One stack is bound to hit!

It’s been a rough go but MLB has been tough for me the last 2 years after doing pretty well before then.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

So are several of the employee’s kids.

Frugal with the mike drop

• UGAdude

Anyone know if Draftkings is letting Ohtani score points yet?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

Yes. Especially the last 2 days.

I blame myself. Poor, lazy prep, and the games starting at 1, I just didn’t put the time in, and made some poor decisions.

Today, is a great slate to really dig in. It’s small, have until 7, and with the lack of pitching options, taking the extra step could be a difference maker.

This morning with all the bad news it’s not going as well as I hoped, but I plan on creating something delicious out of these scraps. Something covered in cheddar once this slate comes out the oven.

• thedkexperience

@hautalak said...

No rest. No sleep. MLB is getting iffy.. Keep playing. One stack is bound to hit!

It’s been a rough go but MLB has been tough for me the last 2 years after doing pretty well before then.

And just like that … I’m back!

Thank you. You’re the fellow degenerate hero I needed today. 🤜🤛😀

• Sleazygreazy

@mr_papageorgio said...

I wouldn’t touch Glasnow or Folty with a 100 foot pole tonight. I doubt either of them see the 6th inning and that’s the best case scenario.

Probably agree on Glasnow and Folty – but who is going to see the 6th inning? At first glance I’m liking Josh James because he’ll at least get some Ks, game is under a roof (if needed) and he’s cheap AF. Definitely looking like a slate where I’ll rotate pitchers more than I do hitters and I’m usually the other way around.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler