6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• zeeshan2

@UGAdude said...

Anyone know if Draftkings is letting Ohtani score points yet?

I wish they didn’t yesterday

• Yeoman

@UGAdude said...

Pretty sure that was Ohtani’s fault; DK had nothing to do with it.

Oh, you mean the hitting stats?

• Wooden_Bones

@Pandamonious said...

This morning with all the bad news it’s not going as well as I hoped, but I plan on creating something delicious out of these scraps. Something covered in cheddar once this slate comes out the oven.

Yesterday was the first day I felt back in the groove (even cashed with a Velasquez/Kluber lineup). But today’s slate feels better. No obvious chalk.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@UGAdude said...

Not sure, but Ohtani wasn’t supposed to be in the line up around days he pitched, so I’m guessing he won’t be in today.

• mr_papageorgio

@Sleazygreazy said...

Probably agree on Glasnow and Folty – but who is going to see the 6th inning? At first glance I’m liking Josh James because he’ll at least get some Ks, game is under a roof (if needed) and he’s cheap AF. Definitely looking like a slate where I’ll rotate pitchers more than I do hitters and I’m usually the other way around.

Great question lol my thinking is that if all the pitching options are equally mediocre I’d rather save salary there and spend on bats, Haven’t really looked at much yet but James seems like the obvious choice.

• hautalak

@thedkexperience said...

And just like that … I’m back!

Thank you. You’re the fellow degenerate hero I needed today. 🤜🤛😀

Yep we’re good to go. Panda put it into perspective at the end of last page. I’m going against the grain and will play too much Glasnow. I want K’s lol

Hopefully betting can offset!!! Good luck. I’m getting NHL prepped too!

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I would think about it, but on DK and FD the main slates don’t have the SD/AZ game.

Just doing 2 lineups tonight. Got Cease in one and Houser in the other. Paired with James.

Hideous slate in general. 🤷‍♂️

• mr_papageorgio

Apparently the Marlins are worried about being able to field an MLB quality team with all of their COVID outages. They should have been worried about this long before COVID.

• hoods_from_the_wood

@Pandamonious said...

Not sure, but Ohtani wasn’t supposed to be in the line up around days he pitched, so I’m guessing he won’t be in today.

That’s because LA wanted to rest him the day after his starts. Lol pretty sure he rested the 9 innings after his start yesterday

• noddy

So is the Philly game still on for tonight? Wasn’t sure since they just played Miami.

• thedkexperience

@noddy said...

So is the Philly game still on for tonight? Wasn’t sure since they just played Miami.

No, it’s cancelled per Ken Rosenthal.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Hoods From The Wood said...

That’s because LA wanted to rest him the day after his starts. Lol pretty sure he rested the 9 innings after his start yesterday

Yeah, I mean without the amount he pitched yesterday, he could DH today maybe. He also didn’t play Saturday.

• noddy

@thedkexperience said...

No, it’s cancelled per Ken Rosenthal.

Thank you! Back to work I go.

• Yeoman

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Lol pretty sure he rested the 9 innings after his start yesterday

Well, he did throw three innings worth of pitches in his zero innings of work.

• thedkexperience

@noddy said...

Thank you! Back to work I go.

No problem.

Rosenthal just added that they are processing the tests at Rutgers (I assume the Camden campus which is across the river from Philly about 5 minutes away) so they expect to have a clear picture of the Marlins and Phillies health by mid day tomorrow, likely before the game is supposed to start.

• hoods_from_the_wood

@Yeoman said...

Well, he did throw three innings worth of pitches in his zero innings of work.

Just waking up from an off-season nap
    I turn on the tube for a Met and Brave scrap.

My mind is still fuzzy, my eyes full of sleep
    the fans are at Citi, they’re fifteen rows deep!

I asked “hey Mrs Hood was the COVID a dream?
    she said “don’t be a dick” yes, her answer’s extreme.

I said,“economy’s so bad yet luxury seats they afford.”
    “where’s your glasses old man, they’re made of cardboard!”

• depalma13

@UGAdude said...

They did everyone a favor by not counting all those negative points.

• BigRay

@frugal said...

Sure, elite athletes are probably going to be fine despite catching covid.

Have you seen the shape of some these guys. Lance Lynn Looked like he ate Geoff Lynne. Yandy Diaz looks like hes is carrying an extra keg up front. Plus Freddy Freeman is a pretty fit guy. Listen to his story

• yisman

@mbunner23 said...

This^^^^^

Spot on.

It does indeed come off as the MLB just hoping this wouldn’t happen.

The MLB and MLBPA were focused on fighting battles that will eventually end MLB anyway. They were not concerned with COVID.

When the current CBA ends, it will be a long time until MLB returns. Could be the end of the league.

• yisman

@Yeoman said...

Maybe there needs to be a strip club inside the bubble? Preferably one with good wings.

Yes. Another expense, but a necessary one. You expect Kawhi and Harden to spend a month in the bubble?

Lou Williams couldn’t even control himself for a week.

• bigez952

@thedkexperience said...

No problem.

Rosenthal just added that they are processing the tests at Rutgers (I assume the Camden campus which is across the river from Philly about 5 minutes away) so they expect to have a clear picture of the Marlins and Phillies health by mid day tomorrow, likely before the game is supposed to start.

I don’t get why it takes so long for results. I had my first Covid-19 test about 10 days ago when I wasn’t feeling well and got the results in 30 minutes. If the technology exsists and an average joe like me can get results in under an hour there is 0 excuse for the billion dollar sports leagues to have to wait for results.

• yisman

@depalma13 said...

They did everyone a favor by not counting all those negative points.

No, they counted the pitching points. My short slate lineup was a wreck due to the negative. It’s the hitting points from before that didn’t count.

Two years since Ohtani recorded an out. Two years since Cespedes played professional baseball (which he finally did).

• rourke441

what-14 marlins players tested positive

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

Yes. Another expense, but a necessary one. You expect Kawhi and Harden to spend a month in the bubble?

Lou Williams couldn’t even control himself for a week.

To be fair, Lou went to a funeral in Atlanta, then stopped in for some wings and “things”

• Zieg30

@thedkexperience said...

No problem.

But that’s silly, too, as they can’t possibly have a clear picture by tomorrow! Any tests conducted yesterday or today won’t pick up a positive on anyone who caught it within the last couple days. So there could be 10 people who have it who won’t show a positive test for another 3-5 days.

DFS content: I won a $333 Perfect Game ticket off an $5 or $8 satty and really don’t want to play it on account of the covid-related uncertainty. I assume cancellations will be limited to those two games, but who knows.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler