6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• frugal

Pitching is just ugly on the main slates tonight. I immediately locked in James and he’s going to be super chalky. Considering Godley my other spot as purely a cost strategy.

• Pick1979

@jjwd said...

no. Maybe read what I wrote.

looks Like Miami May have to play Triple headers

• dgballer

I think you’re on to something with James a trap. Looking at last year’s stats it looks like he didn’t go more than three innings. Do you think that’s the most he’d go or have the Stros said he’s going morr?

• mr_papageorgio

@jayzee666 said...

I will be having a couple of white sox stacks. That should be your justfiication! Although I will have many player stacks as I going for DK Acheivements.

Fade the Reaper is the one strategy that has never failed in any sport. Sold!

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Zieg30 said...

This is a horrible horrible slate, somehow, despite their being so many games. Josh James is going to be a chalk pitcher, but other than that, who knows.

I have to take the other side of your comment here. I think I love this slate. Pitching is crappy with no clear ace(s), but you actually have to think about it. And with the Red Sox, Astros, Indians/White Sox (if it plays), Mets (against terrible Red Sox pitchers), there is plenty to pick from on offense.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@ryanprzy said...

It should only be allowed in a capacity THAT APPLIES TO DFS.

People get too cheeky and inject their distasteful political biases into topics where that kind of stuff isn’t appropriate.

What we’re all concerned with here is which games are affected in tonight’s MLB slate and of course we got the added wrinkle of possible stormy weather and so it’s important to go into these types of slates like a crazy pirate ship captain going into war and you’re like BUT YOU COULD DIE and he’s all like ARGHHH ARGHH MATEY I LOVE ME A SALTY SEA BATTLE ARGGHH!!! I’LL GO DOWN CLUTCHING ME JOSH JAMES Ks LIKE PEARLS!!!

haha

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@sochoice said...

I have to take the other side of your comment here. I think I love this slate. Pitching is crappy with no clear ace(s), but you actually have to think about it. And with the Red Sox, Astros, Indians/White Sox (if it plays), Mets (against terrible Red Sox pitchers), there is plenty to pick from on offense.

That’s perfectly fair.

I just happen to have a ticket to an expensive contest tonight that DK has refused to convert into DK dollars, so I really just want some “safe: pitchers and then differentiate elsewhere. But no, NO SAFE PITCHERS TONIGHT!

Right now I have James in one spot, but it would be smarter to just go elsewhere given his likely high ownership and underwhelming expected performance. But I could easily see going elsewhere and just picking another pitcher who does horribly too.

• bigez952

@Zieg30 said...

I just happen to have a ticket to an expensive contest tonight that DK has refused to convert into DK dollars, so I really just want some “safe: pitchers and then differentiate elsewhere. But no, NO SAFE PITCHERS TONIGHT!

It has to be used tonight and you don’t have the option to save it for a future potentially better slate?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Alright, are we done?

@JJWD – I don’t want to allow any of it. As you’ll see I cleaned up all of it. No bias here. If you want to continue going back and forth with sochoice, please use the messaging feature here. Same with sochoice.

Let’s all be civil.

@Randy- I hate to delete a long post you put time into that had heart, but again want to keep this all on topic. I did let your post linger longer than all the others, because of that, but again, one goes they all have to go.

All future posts not related to tonight’s slate will continue to be deleted. Don’t waste you’re time writing them. Please stay on topic.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Zieg30 said...

That’s perfectly fair.

Right now I have James in one spot, but it would be smarter to just go elsewhere given his likely high ownership and underwhelming expected performance. But I could easily see going elsewhere and just picking another pitcher who does horribly too.

Ah I see. Stinks that you have to use that ticket tonight. Though why does it have to be tonight? Shortened season impacting some contests?

• jjwd

@Pandamonious said...

@JJWD – I don’t want to allow any of it. As you’ll see I cleaned up all of it. No bias here. If you want to continue going back and forth with sochoice, please use the messaging feature here. Same with sochoice.

Let’s all be civil.

You’ve “cleaned up” all my fact-based, MLB-relevant covid responses, but left in all the erroneous stuff I was responding to on page 5.
    Well done!

• BigRay

Thanks Panda. I like Civale/Houser as the best I could do with such questions about pitching tonight. That said. I will be checking into the Rays pre-game to see if there is any indication closer to game time about how long Glasnow might go.

• Yeoman

@yisman said...

Yes. Another expense, but a necessary one. You expect Kawhi and Harden to spend a month in the bubble?

All snark aside, certain necessities of life need to be accounted for inside the bubble if it’s going to work. I don’t expect the teams or the association to talk about it but I expect it to be done. Rick Pitino’s looking for work, if they need a consultant.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@sochoice said...

Ah I see. Stinks that you have to use that ticket tonight. Though why does it have to be tonight? Shortened season impacting some contests?

To answer yours and bigez’s questions, yeah, has to be tonight. It’s specifically for tonight’s MEGA Perfect Game.

• jjwd

@Yeoman said...

All snark aside, certain necessities of life need to be accounted for inside the bubble if it’s going to work. I don’t expect the teams or the association to talk about it but I expect it to be done. Rick Pitino’s looking for work, if they need a consultant.

sir, covid talk is not allowed in this thread!

• mr_papageorgio

Ryan Braun is facing a lefty tonight? Check

Said lefty, Steven Brault, is a better singer than pitcher? Check

• monarch

Great spot to stack Braves

• HoodsFromTheWood

Braults cheap at home pitcher favorable park vs a small sample slumping Brew crew.
    less of a sting for a 3 ish inning SP

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

No worries…it took time to write since I had work keep interrupting me and once it posted I saw your post about them being deleted so I was expecting it.

For tonight’s slate, I’m always a White Sox homer but I have read from non team related articles that Cease is expected to take a step forward this year so I will probably use him.

There may be runs scored by the Pale Hose tonight but I don’t think it’s going to be via the long ball.

• ButBongoFiesta

Looks like I’ll be going Houser/Montgomery for pitching and if Josh James is really gonna be popular then I will be stacking some Mariners hitters. The Mets offense plus Benintendi and Devers on the Red Sox have been trash so far this year so this seems like a good time to play them. Wacha sucks and the Red Sox are doing a bullpen game. 10-8 game is likely.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@jjwd said...

You’ve “cleaned up” all my fact-based, MLB-relevant covid responses, but left in all the erroneous stuff I was responding to on page 5.
    Well done!

My apologies for missing a few. I went back and found them all now, I think. I’ve deleted well over 35 posts so far from this thread, which for a typical MLB thread is insane. Sorry I missed a few. Hope you understand!

• stellagirl

@ButBongoFiesta said...

Looks like I’ll be going Houser/Montgomery for pitching and if Josh James is really gonna be popular then I will be stacking some Mariners hitters. The Mets offense plus Benintendi and Devers on the Red Sox have been trash so far this year so this seems like a good time to play them. Wacha sucks and the Red Sox are doing a bullpen game. 10-8 game is likely.

Same. Just built my first Glasnow/Montgomery/Mariners stack LU.

• Yeoman

@BigRay said...

Thanks Panda. I like Civale/Houser as the best I could do with such questions about pitching tonight. That said. I will be checking into the Rays pre-game to see if there is any indication closer to game time about how long Glasnow might go.

I’d love to throw Civale tonight but what are the chances that game plays? I’m looking at the forecast discussion at the NWS site and they’re talking about “locally strong and damaging winds.”

At least if I’m right they might call it off early and save us having to decide whether to risk a zero.

• marker0357

Most importantly, are the Cubs/Reds and Indians/White Sox games gonna avoid a rainout?

• Yeoman

@ButBongoFiesta said...

The Mets offense plus Benintendi and Devers on the Red Sox have been trash so far this year so this seems like a good time to play them. Wacha sucks and the Red Sox are doing a bullpen game. 10-8 game is likely.

Hot. Wind blowing out. Crappy pitchers. I’m in.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).