6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 111 ) —- T: 10
    6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Tampa Bay ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -132 ) at Philadelphia ( 121 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Cleveland ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 121 ) at Detroit ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 232 ) at Houston ( -259 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• RatedDAL

Graveman is damn near respectable looking at his career numbers although pitching with Oakland’s park did not hurt.

• monarch

I mean he most likely…gets lit up at some point but the odds of him going like six innings with five strikeouts quality start is significantly higher than his ownership. Things like that happen in baseball quite often.

• depalma13

@thedkexperience said...

You’re doing a great job man.

——

Can anyone explain why Houston is such a significant favorite today? I know they have a great lineup but that looks like a Verlander line at currently -240.

Does anyone think …

Remember, part A spelled backwards is A trap!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Graveman is not a gas can. He’s just off the mend, and facing one of the more talented offenses in baseball. I’m keeping him in my DK pool, and would use him before a few different guys tonight, but 3 mediocre innings and a score close to zero is much more realistic than 5 strong innings.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

The other issue is Graveman, despite the new fastball, has always relied on the ground ball and HOU just doesn’t hit ground balls. They also don’t strike out.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

Man, pitching sure is gross today. I think you’re right on James, he looks like the best option. As far as SP2, I’m lost. Just trying to find somebody who won’t land me negative points.

Pick a guy who with a high k rate. Even if he gets lit up, should still be above 0 fantasy points

• am03wins

@Njsum1 said...

Pick a guy who with a high k rate. Even if he gets lit up, should still be above 0

I like Montgomery quite a bit. Tigers suck, he’s cheap, and he has dominated the Tigers in the past.

• yisman

@Dicklington said...

Ohtani starting at DH tonight. Anyone know if DK is counting his hitting stats yet?

DK indicated that his stats would count from now on.

I don’t see any warning on the site that they won’t

• SkateFiend

MLB season is in some jeopardy. They cancelled the Phllies Marlins game and Miami might run out of healthy players to man the field.

Manfred insists the season will continue, but I’m not holding my breath. IMO both the MLB and the NBA season should be cancelled. The NBA bubble is less than ironclad at the moment and someone will inevitably sneak out during the season.

• mbunner23

No Cespedes

• Draftdreamsbig

Ended up with a lot of Cleveland and then a mix of Astros/Red Sox

• tristanwolf

bassitt ko’s the side to start out. let’s go!

• Njsum1

@am03wins said...

I like Montgomery quite a bit. Tigers suck, he’s cheap, and he has dominated the Tigers in the past.

Don’t hate him. He did dominate them last year. Just that the game has 10 total and there’s a 12 mile wind blowing out. And other than dominating the tigers he’s got a low k rate. So if he gets hit, it could be negative points.

Yet considering the slate hes got as much upside as anyone 🤷‍♂️

• ButBongoFiesta

Getting weird and playing a Dom Smith, Nimmo, Rosario, Alonso wrap around stack

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

From my super know nothing amateur weather skills, it looks like CLE is the most dangerous spot. Everything else will most likely be OK. Although I would consult a professional first.

• ifthethunder

@am03wins said...

I have Monty as my SP2.

And I have three Cubbies. I’m thinking of dividing my lineups in 3, and going with 1 or 2 with the Cubs. So if the game gets postponed, I still have something rolling.
    ~

Hope you guys play J James.. Have O.. very heavy on SEA Bats! BOMB James!!! Can see a 12-10 type game cause HOU is gonna bomb Gravey also

• truegrinder

Maybe someone already mentioned this. But why is Brantley only $3300 on DK? Reddick is super cheap too? My Tigers 3 outfielders are more expensive than those two guys for the stros. Is that game going to be cancelled? Hurricane? If not I’m sure those guys will be extremely owned

• mr_papageorgio

I’m seeing some rumblings that Brault is working more as an opener and Chad Khul will be coming in behind him. Also hearing that Khul modified his delivery in the offseason and has shown improvement. I started writing this to say you could maybe play Khul as a super punt in a few LUs if doing MME but then I looked and DK has him priced at $8200 LOL

I doubt either throws more than 4 innings so my take regarding Pirates pitchers is:

Kuhl is 8200? jesus. There goes that idea.

• ifthethunder

@truegrinder said...

But why is Brantley only $3300 on DK?

And he’s batting 4th. I can’t see not playing him.
    ~

• thedkexperience

I was sitting here wondering if I was missing something to get my mojo back and then I saw it.

I literally forgot that RG’s First Look column has been helping me pick pitchers for like 5 years now.

Damn you CTE brain!

• monarch

Day games in Oakland are not offense friendly looking into the sun

• truegrinder

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m seeing some rumblings that Brault is working more as an opener and Chad Khul will be coming in behind him. Also hearing that Khul modified his delivery in the offseason and has shown improvement. I started writing this to say you could maybe play Khul as a super punt in a few LUs if doing MME but then I looked and DK has him priced at $8200 LOL

I doubt either throws more than 4 innings so my take regarding Pirates pitchers is:

How’s the weather look in Pitt? Man a LOT of games could see some serious impact tonight

Grisham!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler