2:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -106 ) at Milwaukee ( -102 ) —- T: 10
    2:15 PM EST : Houston ( -134 ) at St. Louis ( 123 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -171 ) at Kansas City ( 157 ) —- T: 9
    4:07 PM EST : Texas ( 182 ) at Oakland ( -199 ) —- T: 9
    4:07 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : San Francisco ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 164 ) at Boston ( -178 ) —- T: 10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Half way through my research. Don’t see how ATL and CLE aren’t the chalk bats today. No idea if I’ll play them though. Had plenty yesterday, but I don’t like their match ups as much.

• BigPod

I’m liking Arizona and the Mets At first glance

• Jagwarr

• 2016 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

Trout, 5 homers today.

• BigPod

@Jagwarr said...

Trout, 5 homers today.

I was thinking Alonso off Archer also lol

• scott1489

@BigPod said...

I was thinking Alonso off Archer also lol

Be careful targeting Archer. He’s been extremely unlucky. He’s eventually going to have a massive game. And the Mets suck. K

• superjon

1st line up done. Ray + MIN/CHW stack.

• superjon

Today is looking like the day to spend up on pitching.

Got some aces in good spots and plenty of value.

• tonedefrob

@superjon said...

1st line up done. Ray + MIN/CHW stack.

Word of warning – Ray has Marquez as his ump.

• superjon

@tonedefrob said...

Word of warning – Ray has Marquez as his ump.

Thanks. I don’t put much emphasis on umps as long as everything else looks good, but I don’t think I’ll be too heavy on Ray either way.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@scott1489 said...

Be careful targeting Archer. He’s been extremely unlucky. He’s eventually going to have a massive game. And the Mets suck. K

I think calling him extremely unlucky is extreme. Yes, his ERA is a full run higher than his xFIP and SIERA, but that’s because his HR/9 is high compared to his FB rate more than anything else. Well, there’s just more HR’s hit now. Archer gives up a lot of HC and doesn’t get a lot of GB’s either so, things happen. He still has an elevated walk rate. He only has a .283 BABIP, which is lower than average. There’s actually regression in his BABIP, arguably.

Archer’s just been bad, or mediocre this year. He hasn’t been good, at all. He’s always been tilting, and now that he’s permanently out of the confines of Tropicana it’s been magnified.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Archer’s career numbers, just to further my point.

Archer in dome – 3.18 ERA, 10.3 K/9, 1.15 HR/9
    Archer in open air – 4.38 ERA, 9.2 K/9, 1.35 HR/9

• lovpink

@Pandamonious said...

I think calling him extremely unlucky is extreme. Yes, his ERA is a full run higher than his xFIP and SIERA, but that’s because his HR/9 is high compared to his FB rate more than anything else. Well, there’s just more HR’s hit now. Archer gives up a lot of HC and doesn’t get a lot of GB’s either so, things happen. He still has an elevated walk rate. He only has a .283 BABIP, which is lower than average. There’s actually regression in his BABIP, arguably.

Archer’s just been bad, or mediocre this year. He hasn’t been good, at all. He’s always been tilting, and now that he’s permanently out of the confines of Tropicana it’s been magnified.

He’s unplayable at his current pice anyway so I try not to think about him

• SoreOnSunday

@Pandamonious said...

I’m pretty sure I’ll be above the field on my mets bats today

• superjon

There are worse pitchers to target and much better pitchers to play than Archer.

Just seems like a stay away.

• lovpink

@superjon said...

There are worse pitchers to target and much better pitchers to play than Archer.

Just seems like a stay away.

• scott1489

@Pandamonious said...

Well put. Thank you! But I still think he balls out today. Gotta take a stand somewhere

• rog11sm

RG Overall Ranking

Its looking like I will do a yonny/sanchez lineup with a 3/3/2 with cards/clevland/cincy

• SoreOnSunday

Thoughts on gibson that white sox lineup isnt very scary to say the least

• mrdaman

Gif is hilarious!!

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

Jayzee I think I speak for many on here. Please play Covey as your pitcher today😀

• monarch

Diamondbacks look good vs a high walk pitcher and a high walk umpire plus road at bats and low ownership

• MrPerfekt7

Dbacks a nice sleeper stack in GPP

Thoughts on Sanchez at cheap pitcher?
    Astros against Hudson?

• superjon

Dang, that Ryan Braun v Quintana BVP looks good. Reaaaaaaal good.

• realphipps

I’m Cubs heavy vs Davies.

Bring me all the money! Or take all mine away ☹️

• monarch

@superjon said...

Half way through my research. Don’t see how ATL and CLE aren’t the chalk bats today. No idea if I’ll play them though. Had plenty yesterday, but I don’t like their match ups as much.

Why ATL?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).