6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 116 ) at Tampa Bay ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -152 ) at Pittsburgh ( 140 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 106 ) at Cleveland ( -115 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 118 ) at Minnesota ( -128 ) —- T: 10
    9:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -101 ) at Texas ( -107 ) —- T: 9
    9:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -140 ) at Houston ( 129 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 155 ) at Oakland ( -170 ) —- T: 10
    9:40 PM EST : Seattle ( 169 ) at LA Angels ( -186 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BigRay

SO who gets DFA’d today? lot’s of red on the 1st look. Buehler and a dart throw tonight? I like C. mart but would be better if he was home plus Minn. offense is no joke

• superjon

I like

BOS
    PIT
    KC
    TB
    NYM
    MIL
    CLE

• RatedDAL

@BigRay said...

SO who gets DFA’d today? lot’s of red on the 1st look. Buehler and a dart throw tonight? I like C. mart but would be better if he was home plus Minn. offense is no joke

Buehler on FD for 10.5 with a 4-5 inning limit against Houston is not an option for me. I can’t imagine hes much cheaper or better an option even with 2 SPs on DK.

• ifthethunder

@RatedDAL said...

Buehler on FD for 10.5 with a 4-5 inning limit against Houston is not an option for me. I can’t imagine hes much cheaper or better an option even with 2 SPs on DK.

Buehler is 11,300 on DK. Then there is Merrill Kelly at 10,000, which might be even worse.
    ~

• RatedDAL

@ifthethunder said...

Buehler is 11,300 on DK. Then there is Merrill Kelly at 10,000, which might be even worse.
    ~

Ouch. Kelly for 10k is all kinds of wrong.

Pitching feels like its gonna be a mess all year.

• JIB7

@superjon said...

I like

BOS
    PIT
    KC
    TB
    NYM
    MIL
    CLE

No Cubbies? Or are they not on DK skate? Like them in FD.

• UGAdude

It’s definitely a crapfest at pitcher again. I don’t know what to do with Buehler. Yeah he’s facing the Astros but there aren’t a lot of great other options. Might be contrarian because of his high price tag and his opponent? I don’t know. I’ll probably just do 3 lineups. One with buehler, one with astros hitters, one with neither.

• mbunner23

Buehler might be the best pitcher on the slate but I don’t think I can play him against the Stros.

• FantasyKLC

I’m going with Lindblom. Astros wanted him also so that tells me they saw something to work with. Pirates are always a good, potential matchup.

• RatedDAL

I’m reluctantly going with Samardzija. Hopefully the ball park works in his favor.

I wonder if Yanks/Phillies gets played.

• MoccasinMusic

STL stack against Homer?

• superjon

@JIB7 said...

No Cubbies? Or are they not on DK skate? Like them in FD.

I’m on FD.

Cubs are fine.

• skleni

Yanks/Phillies postponed…

• darickc

@MoccasinMusic said...

STL stack against Homer?

• frugal

@RatedDAL said...

Ouch. Kelly for 10k is all kinds of wrong.

Pitching feels like its gonna be a mess all year.

It was last year too really. I cashed way more when I spent down on pitching to a “safe” mid tier or took a chance on a scrub and paid up for bats. From a FPPD perspective, expensive pitching rarely paid off outside a stud in an ideal matchup.

• frugal

Taking an early look seems like the Mets may be in another smash spot. Sandoval may be a decent spot to pay down on pitching.

• ButBongoFiesta

I guess I could do a few lineups with Senzatela and Samardzija and hope they get me anywhere between 20-30 points combined. With their prices I could fit in almost any bat I want. I mean is paying an extra few thousand for Homer Bailey, Zach Davies, or Merrill Kelly really worth it?

• frugal

@MoccasinMusic said...

STL stack against Homer?

2 seasons ago it was always stack against Bailey. Last season he seemed to turn things around especially towards the end. But who knows, this is a weird year.

• zeeshan2

damn didn’t play last night and I should have; multiple dudes I put in my hypothetical LU hit for HRs but I didn’t get James right

• truegrinder

My hitters did great last night. My pitching was HORRENDOUS. I’m gonna need help with pitching tonight. Buehler seems so expensive at Houston? Kelly ridiculous too on DK. Sal again really cheap. And Whit down to 3800 after the game he had last night. That guy is a fantasy machine. I might take him in every lineup the rest of the year. Well maybe not every but I heard last night watching that game that he had a hit in 80 percent of the games last year. Incredible. He’s a lock for me tonight at 3800

• mbunner23

Maybe pull the trigger on Davies pitching at SF big ball park?

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@mbunner23 said...

Buehler might be the best pitcher on the slate but I don’t think I can play him against the Stros.

Graveman struck out 7 Astros in 4 innings last night. So, if Buehler can go 4 on his pitch count (unquantified), you can absolutely play him given all the other SP crap out there today.

• RatedDAL

@sochoice said...

Graveman struck out 7 Astros in 4 innings last night. So, if Buehler can go 4 on his pitch count (unquantified), you can absolutely play him given all the other SP crap out there today.

What’s a best case scenario for Buehler? 5 IP 8 ks 1 ER? Maybe a win if he drops that line.

That would be acceptable but you aren’t getting a discount and thats not hardly a likely scenario, just best case.

If he does K 8 or on that pace he might not even get that 5th inning and there goes a win.

Pretty risky.

• JIB7

I’m not playing Buehler but is an expectation of 4-5 innings all that different, or worse, than any other pitcher on the slate? Salary considerations aside.

I like C. Mart, but I see him working pretty hard to get through 4 without damage vs that lineups. Probably not much W potential. But he’s cheap and allows me to do anything with bats.

Curious what the average inning count is for starters so far this year. Probably under 5?

• frugal

@JIB7 said...

I’m not playing Buehler but is an expectation of 4-5 innings all that different, or worse, than any other pitcher on the slate? Salary considerations aside.

I like C. Mart, but I see him working pretty hard to get through 4 without damage vs that lineups. Probably not much W potential. But he’s cheap and allows me to do anything with bats.

Curious what the average inning count is for starters so far this year. Probably under 5?

Outside Hendricks, no one seems to be pitching many innings yet.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.