6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 116 ) at Tampa Bay ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -152 ) at Pittsburgh ( 140 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 106 ) at Cleveland ( -115 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 118 ) at Minnesota ( -128 ) —- T: 10
    9:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -101 ) at Texas ( -107 ) —- T: 9
    9:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -140 ) at Houston ( 129 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 155 ) at Oakland ( -170 ) —- T: 10
    9:40 PM EST : Seattle ( 169 ) at LA Angels ( -186 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• RudyPujols

I want to go all in on C-Mart/Lindblom and get exposure to a lot of stacks and mini-stacks in good spots (Mets, BoSox, Brewers, Angels). But I do fear C-Mart having an Ohtani-esque turd. When he’s bad, he’s terrible. And the Twins are prone to piling it on.

• zeeshan2

I like Trout, Bruan, Gallo, Soler, Cain,Schwarber, and Alonso tonight

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@RatedDAL said...

What’s a best case scenario for Buehler? 5 IP 8 ks 1 ER? Maybe a win if he drops that line.

That would be acceptable but you aren’t getting a discount and thats not hardly a likely scenario, just best case.

If he does K 8 or on that pace he might not even get that 5th inning and there goes a win.

Pretty risky.

You are absolutely right. Pretty risky. Except all the pitchers tonight stink and I don’t think you really need the salary savings to get most of the bats you want. I’m thinking about pitcher as who can potentially get you the most raw points tonight. Which could be laughably low for the group of pitchers we are looking at.

• noddy

I’m going to roster pitchers from the late games so my night isn’t over early when they blow up.

• Njsum1

@sochoice said...

You are absolutely right. Pretty risky. Except all the pitchers tonight stink and I don’t think you really need the salary savings to get most of the bats you want. I’m thinking about pitcher as who can potentially get you the most raw points tonight. Which could be laughably low for the group of pitchers we are looking at.

Yeah, it’s a joke, yet at least we have some real Daily DFS (Redundant) to gamble on. Oh excuse me…take calculated risks on 😉🧐🤔😎😉

I’ll play some Buehler, only proven pitcher on the slate. Raw points are important. If you think he’ll get decent points (15ish) against the Astros, he’s worth playing…imo

• zeeshan2

Buehler is a fade for me given the price, LU he’s going against, and the possible inning count for him

“Buehler remains well behind other Dodgers starting pitchers in the buildup for the season.

Opening Day starter Clayton Kershaw, Alex Wood, Julio Urías and Ross Stripling have made multiple intrasquad starts, several of them up to six innings.

“All I know is Walker feels good and we’re going to be very careful while we continue to build him up,” said manager Dave Roberts, who earlier said if Buehler can throw three or four innings, he’d take it.

Roberts said Buehler backed off throwing during the three-month pandemic break without knowing when it would end.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/walker-buehler-summer-camp-2020

• Njsum1

@zeeshan2 said...

Buehler is a fade for me given the price, LU he’s going against, and the possible inning count for him

“Buehler remains well behind other Dodgers starting pitchers in the buildup for the season.

Opening Day starter Clayton Kershaw, Alex Wood, Julio Urías and Ross Stripling have made multiple intrasquad starts, several of them up to six innings.

“All I know is Walker feels good and we’re going to be very careful while we continue to build him up,” said manager Dave Roberts, who earlier said if Buehler can throw three or four innings, he’d take it.

Roberts said Buehler backed off throwing during the three-month pandemic break without knowing when it would end.”

When was that quote from Roberts made?

• zeeshan2

About a week ago but 2 weeks ago, dave roberts said he’s behind schedule

https://www.mlb.com/news/walker-buehler-behind-schedule-for-season-start

• Njsum1

@zeeshan2 said...

About a week ago but 2 weeks ago, dave roberts said he’s behind schedule

https://www.mlb.com/news/walker-buehler-behind-schedule-for-season-start

Thx

• frugal

@zeeshan2 said...

That’s some great insight. I’m paying way down on pitching today more or less just hoping not to get negative points. EDIT: IF there’s some clarity of longer relievers I’ll be going there for sure. Worked last night with Godley.

• stellagirl

Here are Mengden’s splits against lefties:

wOBA: .400
    SLG: .523
    ISO: .203

Rockies will likely march 7 lefties to the plate tonight. With a low run total and away from Coors, ownership will be miniscule.

At $2k minimum, I might have 100% exposure to Sam Hilliard and his massive. 340 ISO against righties….

• zeeshan2

the “safest” pitchers seems to be merrill kelly and kyle gibson because the rangers new ball park is appearing to be a pitchers ballpark so far; also like josh lindbolm and mengden

• monarch

I like the Brewers. The Pirates BP is trash and they threw 159 pitches yesterday.

Also the Dodgers are way too cheap.

• stellagirl

@monarch said...

I like the Brewers. The Pirates BP is trash and they threw 159 pitches yesterday.

Much like Mengden’s splits against lefties, the Brewers stood out to me this AM for the same reason:

Holland vs righties (Brewers might have as many as 8 in their line up):

wOBA: .410
    SLG: .612
    ISO: .322

I will have more than one LU with Brewers righties and Rockies lefties….

• cedric19

Anyone having trouble with their fanduel accounts right now?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@cedric19 said...

Anyone having trouble with their fanduel accounts right now?

Yes.

I had to log in, then it said, sorry we can’t log you in at this time.

• jsw3ent

• stellagirl

Yes. “Essential maintenance” – cannot log in.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

When I try to sign in with the app it says “we’re currently performing essential maintenance, please try again later.

This happened to me a few days ago. Didn’t last very long.

• monarch

@stellagirl said...

Here are Mengden’s splits against lefties:

wOBA: .400
    SLG: .523
    ISO: .203

Rockies will likely march 7 lefties to the plate tonight. With a low run total and away from Coors, ownership will be miniscule.

At $2k minimum, I might have 100% exposure to Sam Hilliard and his massive. 340 ISO against righties….

Rockies looks like a good stack if you are playing multiple lineups.

I’m an A’s fan. I’d be real concerned about putting heavy money on the Rockies banking on them beating Mendgen into the ground for several innings. The A’s have this guy named Jesus Luzardo who they are looking to stretch out into a starter in a couple of weeks. Luzardo is elite….he held LHB to a .115 BA last season in the minors. I believe he allowed a single hit in fifteen PA to LHB last season once he was called up late in the season. He pitched three innings in their WC game last season and went three innings with a baserunner and four strikeouts.

So the Rockies are enticing but if its a Luzardo game then he can literally strike their entire team out once he comes in the game.

• tmarohl

Anyone else not able to log into Fanduel?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Anyone else not able to log into Fanduel?

Yup.

Scroll up!

• jsw3ent

3 posts above—-yes

• mbunner23

So the Nationals don’t want to make the trip to Miami.

• 7klub06

Where my DK players at? Is it me or does pitching suck on this main slate?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.