6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 116 ) at Tampa Bay ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -152 ) at Pittsburgh ( 140 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 106 ) at Cleveland ( -115 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 118 ) at Minnesota ( -128 ) —- T: 10
    9:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -101 ) at Texas ( -107 ) —- T: 9
    9:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -140 ) at Houston ( 129 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 155 ) at Oakland ( -170 ) —- T: 10
    9:40 PM EST : Seattle ( 169 ) at LA Angels ( -186 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

FD is back.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@7klub06 said...

Where my DK players at? Is it me or does pitching suck on this main slate?

Yeah, it’s a little rough.

• wad11

@cedric19 said...

Anyone having trouble with their fanduel accounts right now?

Yes. It doesn’t have near the amount of money that it should. With all of my super stellar lineups, I figured there should be a million in there, but it just hovers around zero. Weird. 😂

• ferrara316

Pitching is so bad that you have to just pay up for walker and pray he does well against the stros. Sp2 for me is either Davies or Gibson.

• monarch

I mentioned him earlier but I may play Luzardo at 9.2k on DK in the event that he comes in. A Tyler Glasnow type line is what I would expect and I’ll be the only person that has him at home vs a LHB heavy Rockies while people take Carlos Martinez on the road vs the Twins who most likely doesn’t pitch as long. I would not be surprised at all if Mendgen is an unadvertised opener tonight to draw out those high K LHB Rockies bats.

• Sleazygreazy

@monarch said...

I mentioned him earlier but I may play Luzardo at 9.2k on DK in the event that he comes in.

I like it. But do you think he might, is likely, or is definitely going to pitch today?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I mentioned him earlier but I may play Luzardo at 9.2k on DK in the event that he comes in. A Tyler Glasnow type line is what I would expect and I’ll be the only person that has him at home vs a LHB heavy Rockies while people take Carlos Martinez on the road vs the Twins who most likely doesn’t pitch as long. I would not be surprised at all if Mendgen is an unadvertised opener tonight to draw out those high K LHB Rockies bats.

You think he’s going to get 20 in 3 innings? That’s even if he gets in?

I was intrigued, and then saw he threw 44 pitches Saturday. I can’t imagine they stretch him further than that this quickly. Him getting in and going 3 innings is certainly possible though.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I was intrigued, and then saw he threw 44 pitches Saturday. I can’t imagine they stretch him further than that this quickly. Him getting in and going 3 innings is certainly possible though.

They believe he is ready to start now. He will either pitch today or tomorrow but tomorrow they are throwing their ace Frankie Montas. My working theory is that Mengden goes one time through the rotation, then Luzardo comes in for enough innings to get to the typical setup/closer situation and then Luzardo replaces Mendgen in the rotation five days from now. They love Luzardo, he is their guy. This is an amazing matchup for him. I’ll try and flush that out from a beat writer if I can though. Right now it is just a desperate theory due to the slate being so weak at SP.

Mendgen also had three separate surgeries in the offseason including elbow. I can’t believe he is going to be viable and the A’s are a WS contending team not wanting to give any games away in a 60 game season.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Let’s say he goes 3 innings.

3 innings, 6 K’s, 0 runs, 0 walks, 1 hit, and a win.

Real nice outing. That’d be 22, so I guess it’s possible?

6K’s might be asking too much, 1 hit and no walks, and no runs? Don’t know.

His outing against the Angels, would have amounted to 9.25, I believe.

• RudyPujols

@Pandamonious said...

Same here. Everything Monarch said was lining up. Lefty phenom. LH heavy Rockies away from Coors/in the Coliseum. Nobody on him. I just can’t jump on with him having thrown 44 pitches against the Halos on Saturday. A bullpen session and a season debut are not the same thing, I’m out.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Let’s say he goes 3 innings.

3 innings, 6 K’s, 0 runs, 0 walks, 1 hit, and a win.

Real nice outing. That’d be 22, so I guess it’s possible?

6K’s might be asking too much, 1 hit and no walks, and no runs? Don’t know.

His outing against the Angels, would have amounted to 9.25, I believe.

He admitted he wasn’t his self vs the Angels. He was hitting 97 but he didn’t have the same pop. And it was the Angels who I believe are a much more difficult out than the Rockies. I’m a die hard A’s fan and even if I believe he gets to four innings plus I’ll just have him in a few because I admit it is a little thin.

Either way he’ll be better than Josh James last night lol. But…people won a ton of money with Josh James so it is a more efficient use of time to identify the high upside hitters.

• WestCrook1

Salvy at 2.8 on DK is crazy

• zeeshan2

I have so much money for hitters left over on fanduel; going to overthink a lot

• RatedDAL

44 pitches on Saturday and another 50 tonight seems like not such a worry to me. Wouldn’t a starting pitcher that started Saturday be throwing today normally?

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

So the Nationals don’t want to make the trip to Miami.

why would any team?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

No, I totally get, and still slightly intrigued. You just don’t take a young guy and have him throw 44, then 3 days later have him throw 60, I don’t think.

So, him getting in seems definitely possible, just worried about the pitches cap. If he was like 6-7K, I’d roll with it.

On a side note, the A’s should smash Senzatela right? I mean isn’t this the prototype pitcher they crush? A RHP, with pretty neutral splits, who relies on ground balls?

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

why would any team?

I didn’t say they would? I just think it’s interesting as to how this season could end up looking…

• 7klub06

Thoughts on a rockies stack tonight?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

No, I totally get, and still slightly intrigued. You just don’t take a young guy and have him throw 44, then 3 days later have him throw 60, I don’t think.

So, him getting in seems definitely possible, just worried about the pitches cap. If he was like 6-7K, I’d roll with it.

On a side note, the A’s should smash Senzatela right? I mean isn’t this the prototype pitcher they crush? A RHP, with pretty neutral splits, who relies on ground balls?

Ramon Laureano was the bat sticking out to me looking at PlateIQ. He has such a high FB rate vs the pitches that Senzatela thrives on getting on the ground. And he bats second and people do not play him…plus he is such a great defensive player that he never leaves the game for a defensive sub.

I think I’ll use him as one offs in 5×2×1 and 4×3×1

Edit: odds are high that Canha will have runners on base quite a bit with that walk rate with Chapman/Olson hitting ahead of him,

• RudyPujols

@7klub06 said...

Thoughts on a rockies stack tonight?

Read above. Mengden sucks against lefties. Luzardo might come in and kill the stack. Worth a look if you multi-enter. Probably not the smartest play if you are more of a SE/3-Max/tight player pool type.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

I didn’t say they would? I just think it’s interesting as to how this season could end up looking…

MLB didn’t plan well. Marlins, even when they get healthy in a few weeks are going to face issues of teams not wanting to go to Miami

• RudyPujols

In this era of 60-75 pitch starters who are handled with kid gloves and most teams having garbage at the back end of rotations, are we under-valuing opposing bullpen strength/weakness (when selecting offensive stacks)? Or with 30 man rosters and which relievers are used being so dependent on game script, is it just too remote to project and factor in?

• mr_papageorgio

Guys, I know pitching is bad tonight but playing relievers almost never works. I really don’t think you should play Luzardo unless you want to throw him in 3 LUs out of 150 just in case. As bad as the SPs are there will end up being enough that do ok to where you don’t need to go crazy and play guys who at best will throw 2-3 innings. Also, don’t play Buehler for similar pitch count concerns.

Panda mentioned it above but if you play anything from the OAK game it should be their bats.

• Lathum

100% chance someone on the Astros gets drilled. Will be interesting to see what happens from there.

• mr_papageorgio

@stellagirl said...

Yes. “Essential maintenance” – cannot log in.

They are probably adding live scoring for KBO.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.