• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Washington ( -147 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 163 ) at Cincinnati ( -178 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 100 ) at Miami ( -108 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:15 PM EST : Toronto ( 109 ) at Kansas City ( -118 ) —- T: 10
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -132 ) at Colorado ( 122 ) —- T: 13
    10:07 PM EST : Detroit ( 209 ) at LA Angels ( -228 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

Sooo many great spots for bats but no pitcher I want below Keller and Kelly. I hope a Braves stack is contrarian since Corbin is the top priced pitcher.

• mcguirknba

I got a ticket to todays $44 FBWC but hate Coors slates 😣. Maybe Ill save it.

• telestraightshooter

Would the return be >58% if playing both SP @ Coors… in a 50-50 showdown?

Generally no……but… both starters there on Monday fetch 15 dK pts 75% of their coors starts.

Madea is 5-1 there; in fact it’s just like home for him, as he sports a 3.12 career ERA in Coors & LaD stadium

Madea might be only other MLB SP who gets better return on a start at coor than COL’s Gray does.

• realphipps

Heavy Jon Gray tonight. Liking CIN and KC stacks.

Enter contests. Lose money. Rinse and repeat.

• BigPod

@mcguirknba said...

I got a ticket to todays $44 FBWC but hate Coors slates 😣. Maybe Ill save it.

I’ve got 3 I’m playing tonight, I think the bigger challenge than Coors field being on the slate is that some of these guys can max enter 40 lineups with just a 7 game slate. I think that makes it difficult to win with just a single lineup or 3 in my case. Gray did a nice job against the Dodgers last time they were at Coors on 6/29, so who knows. Should be a fun night never the less!

• mr_papageorgio

This is gonna be an interesting slate. If you want to go heavy on Coors (which may not be the move given the pitchers) I think Lyles is in play. He got shelled last time out but he’s really not a bad pitcher and I could certainly see him getting 20 points tonight. I’d want him to have a favorable umpire but at his price I’ll take a chance on his 26% K rate to righties/23% to lefties and just hope the bases are empty for the 1-2 home runs he probably gives up in the smallpark.

• Petergunz82

@ASitar said...

Sooo many great spots for bats but no pitcher I want below Keller and Kelly. I hope a Braves stack is contrarian since Corbin is the top priced pitcher.

Those were my first pitching choices too…you’re going for a Braves stack with guys like Zimmermann and Yacobonis to target?

• mcguirknba

@BigPod said...

I’ve got 3 I’m playing tonight, I think the bigger challenge than Coors field being on the slate is that some of these guys can max enter 40 lineups with just a 7 game slate. I think that makes it difficult to win with just a single lineup or 3 in my case. Gray did a nice job against the Dodgers last time they were at Coors on 6/29, so who knows. Should be a fun night never the less!

Didnt even think about the small slate issue. Ill save my ticket. Good luck to you though!

• telestraightshooter

Coors starters stats @ Coors:

GS / .W-L. / iP …./ ERA / .OPS vs
    53 / 23-10 / 293.2 / 4.51 / .753 – Gray
    07 / 05-01 / 040.1 / 3.12 / .623 – Maeda

• Petergunz82

@mr_papageorgio said...

This is gonna be an interesting slate. If you want to go heavy on Coors (which may not be the move given the pitchers) I think Lyles is in play. He got shelled last time out but he’s really not a bad pitcher and I could certainly see him getting 20 points tonight. I’d want him to have a favorable umpire but at his price I’ll take a chance on his 26% K rate to righties/23% to lefties and just hope the bases are empty for the 1-2 home runs he probably gives up in the smallpark.

He’s priced way down on DK

• monarch

Just beware for Lyles. If Vanmeter hits a HR off him…and decent chance…you are probably going to instantly drop 20-22 points from about 35 percent of the field.

• ASitar

@Petergunz82 said...

Those were my first pitching choices too…you’re going for a Braves stack with guys like Zimmermann and Yacobonis to target?

Thinking Donaldson/Carmago ($2,600)/Duvall.

BTW – Bellinger is 9-14 w 4 2b’s and a triple vs Gray but Trout is $100 less….

Also, pairing Keller/Kelly gives you $4,175 per remaining player and I don’t see anyone (maybe Caleb Smith) hitting 30 DK anyways.

• wpatrigo

I would be weary of Lyles for potential weather issues as well.

Will be all over Kelly at Miami and Paddack I think.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

J. Gray/Maeda are worthwhile on DK. They’re rightly priced for the risk. Paddack for sure. S. Gray too. Barria, why not?

I don’t hate Keuchel’s spot. Hate the price. Same goes for Keller.

No thank you to Kelly, Smith, Lyles, Corbin and the rest.

I’m excited to make a Gurriel/Biggio/Guerrero/Bichette stack, just because. Hopefully they’re all in the line up.

• athairuammit11

@Pandamonious said...

J. Gray/Maeda are worthwhile on DK. They’re rightly priced for the risk. Paddack for sure. S. Gray too. Barria, why not?

I don’t hate Keuchel’s spot. Hate the price. Same goes for Keller.

No thank you to Kelly, Smith, Lyles, Corbin and the rest.

I’m excited to make a Gurriel/Biggio/Guerrero/Bichette stack, just because. Hopefully they’re all in the line up.

May I ask why you dont like Kelly? Your insights are usually better hah

• Pandamonious

@athairuammit11 said...

He’s not good and he’s priced up for the Marlins.

Really, I don’t know what to believe with him. He had pretty significant home/road splits with his numbers, but then in his last start at home against the O’s he got hit around pretty good.

I just feel like he’s going to be chalky because of the slate, and he’s priced like he’s better than he is. He doesn’t get a lot of strikeouts, the Marlins are fairly overrated in their ability to strike out. It just doesn’t seem worthwhile. I’d rather take a couple cheap Marlins to get up from Kelly to a guy like Paddack, then play Kelly to get up to a more expensive bat.

• telestraightshooter

If Barry Bonds played for the Rockies his entire career …….

Barry Bonds (1986-2007) Career at Coors under 2017 conditions

Slash — .326/.475/.661
    OPS – 1.137
    HR – 881
    RBI – 2477

Real numbers
    Slash — .298/.444/.607
    OPS – 1.051
    HR — 762
    RBI – 1996

https://roxpile.com/2018/02/06/colorado-rockies-mlbs-greatest-hitters-fared-coors-field/2/

• superjon

Do you know Barrys numbers if he wasn’t roided up?

• athairuammit11

@athairuammit11 said...

Also one more question, why do you like the blue jays? I have a weird bias for liking Keller

• rvnfn77

I’m thinking a Nats stack tonight and could be lower owned. Thoughts?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

This is a really tricky slate… there are some obvious spots for offense and pitching is mixed at best.

Right now I like Paddack in the high $ tier, nobody really in the middle tier… maybe Keller or Kelly…. Lyles has been unlucky and Barria smells like a trap.

Deciding how I want to attack the slate. Seems awfully hard to do well with SE today, so I am leaning toward ME the $10

• telestraightshooter

@superjon said...

Do you know Barrys numbers if he wasn’t roided up?

lol – that could be derived by determining how many feet his average flyball would lose sans roids.

for comparisons sake, the current superball the MLB makes & uses has literally increased HRs twice as much the ‘roids era did.
    that would have to be adjusted for the % of MLB players on roids back then.

• monarch

I’m leaning Gray/Barria with Angels/Dbacks

• mr_papageorgio

Cheese’s article made a very interesting point that the Braves K at almost a 25% rate vs lefties. If Acuna happens to miss the game I think Corbin might be a lock. Yes he’s expensive but given the options if you can get 30 points from a pitcher that’s likely going to put you ahead of the field.

• Pandamonious

@athairuammit11 said...

Also one more question, why do you like the blue jays? I have a weird bias for liking Keller

Well, Keller isn’t very good either. He’s basically Kelly. Keller is much better at home, like Kelly has been, but Keller is actually at home. Not loving the Blue Jays, more so just find it interesting to stack up their 2nd gen stars for the first time for the heck of it since they’re all called up now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).