• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at Washington ( -147 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 163 ) at Cincinnati ( -178 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 100 ) at Miami ( -108 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:15 PM EST : Toronto ( 109 ) at Kansas City ( -118 ) —- T: 10
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -132 ) at Colorado ( 122 ) —- T: 13
    10:07 PM EST : Detroit ( 209 ) at LA Angels ( -228 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

Cheese’s article made a very interesting point that the Braves K at almost a 25% rate vs lefties. If Acuna happens to miss the game I think Corbin might be a lock. Yes he’s expensive but given the options if you can get 30 points from a pitcher that’s likely going to put you ahead of the field.

Oddly excited for projected ownership. I always look and use it in my process, but it will have an even greater impact on how approach tonight. Much more so than usual. This slate is wide open. One of these studs will pitch a gem. One of these gas cans, Zimmerman, Ynoa, Pannone will pitch well enough most likely. Since pitching is so disastrous overall almost every offense is in play to some degree.

• athairuammit11

@Pandamonious said...

Well, Keller isn’t very good either. He’s basically Kelly. Keller is much better at home, like Kelly has been, but Keller is actually at home. Not loving the Blue Jays, more so just find it interesting to stack up their 2nd gen stars for the first time for the heck of it since they’re all called up now.

Yeah the blue jays and teams with young guys like the rays are fun to watch. Definitely a 50k move if jays stack wrecks keller

• hcassidy

@mr_papageorgio said...

Cheese’s article made a very interesting point that the Braves K at almost a 25% rate vs lefties. If Acuna happens to miss the game I think Corbin might be a lock. Yes he’s expensive but given the options if you can get 30 points from a pitcher that’s likely going to put you ahead of the field.

Acuna batting in his normal Lead Off role tonight.

• athairuammit11

Since hess is starting is ynoa going to be the long reliever?

• Pandamonious

@athairuammit11 said...

Since hess is starting is ynoa going to be the long reliever?

Hess threw 85 pitches on July 25th, so 3 days rest, instead of a normal 4 or 5 leaves me thinking, he’ll probably be capped somewhat. So, what that leaves us with, in my opinion, is a very unstable situation with Baltimore pitchers.

I guess it’s very possible Hess would throw 2 innings, maybe 3 if he’s cruising, then Ynoa would clean up the middle innings. This is just my assumptions not anything I’ve read.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Ownership and Umpires starting to come out.

Pitchers ownership seems very spread out…. need weather in CIN updates and see if Gray/Lyles are in play or not.

After much pondering, I will play 10-12 lineups and will enter them in the $44 FBWC

• ASitar

Panda has me leaning Paddock/Gray, which gets me the same amount remains per hitter @ $4,100 with much lower ownership than Keller/Kelly. I still like Caleb Smith, but I agree with Kelly’s mediocre ness. As we all know though, it’s not about picking the right pitchers nowadays but which batter goes yard 3 times?

• monarch

Hess is soooooo bad that I’m pivoting to Angels/Padres and a Ketel Marte one off.

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

Ownership and Umpires starting to come out.

Pitchers ownership seems very spread out…. need weather in CIN updates and see if Gray/Lyles are in play or not.

After much pondering, I will play 10-12 lineups and will enter them in the $44 FBWC

Umps we have and ownership has me rethinking things a bit already. Was not expecting Paddack to be projected that highly owned. Loses some intrigue there since he’s fairly volatile anyway and O’s can throw 6 LHB’s at him, not that they’re good LHB’s. They don’t strike out nearly as much against RHP’s either.

• monarch

Yes, Paddack/Gray looks very solid. Tons of value out there for a seven game slate

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Hess is soooooo bad that I’m pivoting to Angels/Padres and a Ketel Marte one off.

Torn on Hess. He is awful. He’s also an extreme fly ball pitcher, pitching in a big, big pitchers park. A lot of those fly balls might die out on the warning track.

Then again, I don’t think he throws more than 40-50 pitches anyway.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

And let’s not forget the trade deadline looms large…. Lyles traded Pirates pitcher TBD

• mr_papageorgio

Anyone know if Pannone is on a pitch count?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Torn on Hess. He is awful. He’s also an extreme fly ball pitcher, pitching in a big, big pitchers park. A lot of those fly balls might die out on the warning track.

Then again, I don’t think he throws more than 40-50 pitches anyway.

Franmil Reyes can break the slate with two ABs off Hess but I agree you want to look at pitch mix vs Ynoa who gets more on the ground.

• Pandamonious

@mr_papageorgio said...

Anyone know if Pannone is on a pitch count?

Threw 85 pitches in AAA on July 23rd. Should be good for 85-90 as long as he doesn’t struggle. Probably more if he’s doing well. Threw 102 in AAA a month ago.

• hcassidy

Both Arizona and Miami’s L/U look Bleh…..both projected for 3.8 runs(lowest of the slate) besides O’s 3.3 runs, so the game will probably be the highest scoring game of the slate the way MLB season has gone so far this year.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Threw 85 pitches in AAA on July 23rd. Should be good for 85-90 as long as he doesn’t struggle. Probably more if he’s doing well. Threw 102 in AAA a month ago.

Thanks. I’m leaning Corbin/Pannone right now but still a long way from lock and lots to look at so nothing is set in stone yet.

• jman3034

no more Lyles…traded to Brewers

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

And let’s not forget the trade deadline looms large…. Lyles traded Pirates pitcher TBD

Going out on a limb and guessing Stratton starts and it’s a bullpen game. Although no idea where there AAA team is right now and how quickly they could get an arm up.

Looks like their AAA affiliate is at home in Indianapolis tonight and a quick google search tells me you can get from there to cincy in an 1 hour and 51 minutes by car, so maybe they get someone up.

• hcassidy

@Unico10 said...

Lyles was traded back to Milwaukee, wonder who the Bucs roll with tonight as the starter.

• Pandamonious

@mr_papageorgio said...

Thanks. I’m leaning Corbin/Pannone right now but still a long way from lock and lots to look at so nothing is set in stone yet.

Yeah, right now if I could only make 1 line up I think I’d be looking at Keller/Barria, but I don’t know. Built around cheaper Reds (VanMeter/Votto/Gennet Barnhart maybe) a couple Coors bats and whatever I can get of LAA’s OF.

Of course the Reds interest depends on who they have pitch, but I’m sure whoever it is will be worthy of stacking against.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Alex McRae…. so that is interesting because he actually has been hit really hard but has shown strikeout ability…. at $4k maybe worth to take a couple of shots

• hcassidy

Looks like the Bucs will be starting Alex McRae

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

Alex McRae…. so that is interesting because he actually has been hit really hard but has shown strikeout ability…. at $4k maybe worth to take a couple of shots

I see what you’re seeing, but the AAA numbers aren’t anything good. LHB’s hitting him well. 7.69 K/9 in AAA this year. I guess he’s just a cheaper Lyles if nothing else?

• hcassidy

@Pandamonious said...

I see what you’re seeing, but the AAA numbers aren’t anything good. LHB’s hitting him well. 7.69 K/9 in AAA this year. I guess he’s just a cheaper Lyles if nothing else?

He has pitched 14 innings in the bigs this year and has been torched as well. Surrendering 6 long balls.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).