6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -101 ) at Cincinnati ( -104 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -143 ) at Pittsburgh ( 138 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Boston ( 176 ) at NY Mets ( -183 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 123 ) at Detroit ( -128 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 114 ) at Atlanta ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 137 ) at Minnesota ( -147 ) —- T: 10
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( -168 ) at SF Giants ( 161 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 187 ) at LA Angels ( -194 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Sleazygreazy said...

Do you like any sports? All you do is complain.

Baseball is macho sport played predominately by macho alpha males. When you cheat, you get punished. Not by the league apparently, but baseball tends to police itself.

I’m guessing you’re not really into hockey fights? You probably shed a single tear when Trevor Ariza checked Trae Young for trying to nutmeg him? Your favorite play in the NFL is a fair catch?

Yes, I like NBA, NFL, NBA, Premier League Soccer, minor league baseball, rugby, gaelic football and dodgeball on ESPN 8 the Ocho. NHL is ok, but can take it or leave it. As for macho alpha males in baseball relative to other sports, I don’t think so. Good thing MLB DFS is fun. Stack the Twins tonight and play DeGrom against the beta Red Sox. Won’t have to worry about any fake fights in those games.

• bucherpsu08

Gleyber Torres vs O’s. Autoplay.

• RudyPujols

@bucherpsu08 said...

First guy I locked in on FD free homer thing. Something about an eye-popping amount of double dongs against the O’s rings a bell.

• frugal

@bucherpsu08 said...

What am I missing in Gleyber vs DJ or Stanton?

• lester461

@frugal said...

Dude absolutely murdered the O’s last year. Obviously all Yankees are in play.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@frugal said...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1161102426805559296

• RudyPujols

@frugal said...

5/13 (double dong games/total HRs) against O’s last year. Most in the history of divisional MLB by one player against a single team in a season. Not sure how predictive it is for tonight, but it’s certainly something.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Heaney is your chalk SP2
    Long and Seager are decent leverage one-offs.
    Maybe Nola as a cheap C or White
    Probably no stack

Good write up….not gonna quote whole thing
    Cole clearly SP1, Heaney is top 2, yet I don’t mind Paddack or Woodruff. And Boston sucks, as long as degrom isn’t on a pitch count he’s payable as well. You can pair Degrom and Cole and still field a strong lineup.

Value Galore in det Kansas City, but hitting is so random and unpredictable, wouldn’t want to go all in. Still Franco, 2k? Sal P 2.6? Soler, Whit…maybe even mondesi for the correlation. And Cron owns Duffy. 3.3, worth a gamble.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@RudyPujols said...

5/13 (double dong games/total HRs) against O’s last year. Most in the history of divisional MLB by one player against a single team in a season. Not sure how predictive it is for tonight, but it’s certainly something.

Seems like small sample size due for regression?

Dudes have nice numbers career wise in Camden though. 61 PA’s .373 avg, 8 HR’s, 14 RBI’s.

• frugal

Wow, thanks guys. Will definitely get some Gleyber in.

• noddy

@RudyPujols said...

So we can expect an 0 for 5 tonight right? Isn’t that how this works?

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Dudes have nice numbers career wise in Camden though. 61 PA’s .373 avg, 8 HR’s, 14 RBI’s.

Vast majority of MLB stats outside guys who’ve played for many years are going to be small sample sizes right?

• frugal

@noddy said...

So we can expect an 0 for 5 tonight right? Isn’t that how this works?

This is exactly how it works for me.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Pandamonious said...

Helpful info on all the games. Thanks!

• noddy

When stacking can you use 4 players from one team and win a GPP or is it better to use just 3?

• Pandamonious

@noddy said...

When stacking can you use 4 players from one team and win a GPP or is it better to use just 3?

Slate dependent for sure. 4 is definitely doable. 4-3-1 is pretty popular. 4-1-1-1-1 too. In the contest I was in last night it was a 4-1-1-1-1 that won.

I assume you’re talking FD.

I would definitely lean 4, then it’s up to you if you want to do 4 and 4 1 off’s, or 4-3-1 or 4-2-2 and so on.

• truegrinder

Great writeup and notes Panda. I do like Heaney quite a bit and gotta think Cole is a strong play too. Whit has to be a lock again for me. No Trout for me. Thinking about Stanton or Judge. Brantley so damn cheap too..

• yanksfan1

My quick observation

If you want to stack the Yankees, take Heaney
    If you want to take Cole/deGrom, stack the Twins/Tigers

• barko15

I wish you could add a poll on this forum. If we take price out of it who do you prefer tonight Degrom or Cole?

btw for me its Degrom

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Thanks for the information Panda – much appreciated

• rourke441

merrifield is 20/39 vs boyd

• sneaksox

Yea that’s a lot of great info right there Panda, thanks!

After the last few nights, I’m taking two high priced pitchers and making the bats work. Didn’t want to pay for Kelly last night but I did, and it was easily the difference between cashing and not. Most likely Cole/DeGrom for me tonight.

KC bats have made this easy the last few nights and I’m going back to Whit/Soler.

• Pandamonious

@barko15 said...

I wish you could add a poll on this forum. If we take price out of it who do you prefer tonight Degrom or Cole?

btw for me its Degrom

I prefer Cole.

I think in this exact scenario Cole probably outscores DeGrom at least 7 out of 10 times. I expect him to have a higher pitch count. He gets the somewhat easier match up.

Now, from a GPP contrarian standpoint it makes some sense to choose DeGrom, as I suspect he’ll be lower owned, and possibly by a wide margin. Say 10-15%, and he can certainly outscore Cole, and give you a small leg up.

• sneaksox

Brantley is 3k tonight… (DK)

• Pandamonious

@sneaksox said...

Yea that’s a lot of great info right there Panda, thanks!

After the last few nights, I’m taking two high priced pitchers and making the bats work. Didn’t want to pay for Kelly last night but I did, and it was easily the difference between cashing and not. Most likely Cole/DeGrom for me tonight.

KC bats have made this easy the last few nights and I’m going back to Whit/Soler.

Yeah, no problem, and that also goes to anyone else who says thanks.

BTW – Sleazygreazy, I keep meaning to say something, but I never responded to your message about NASCAR a while back, because I didn’t see it until after the slate. Wasn’t dodging you!

I’m pretty locked into Cole, DeGrom, Woodruff, Paddack, Heaney, with maybe sprinkles of Boyd, for the contrarian K upside, then sprinkles of Musgrove, Cueto, Duffy. Probably won’t use Dunn unless I see something unexpected, like the Angels implied total dropping, or a big bat getting an unexpected night off.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).