6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -101 ) at Cincinnati ( -104 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -143 ) at Pittsburgh ( 138 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Boston ( 176 ) at NY Mets ( -183 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 123 ) at Detroit ( -128 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 114 ) at Atlanta ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 137 ) at Minnesota ( -147 ) —- T: 10
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( -168 ) at SF Giants ( 161 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 187 ) at LA Angels ( -194 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ButBongoFiesta

@sneaksox said...

Brantley is 3k tonight…

Brantley has been cheap since the season started. I’m not understanding why this is and why Springer is so expensive yet he’s done nothing this year (one HR and only averaging 4 points a game).

• frugal

@sneaksox said...

Brantley is 3k tonight… (DK)

Locked and loaded!

• Sleazygreazy

@Pandamonious said...

BTW – Sleazygreazy, I keep meaning to say something, but I never responded to your message about NASCAR a while back, because I didn’t see it until after the slate. Wasn’t dodging you!

Haha no worries. I’m more concerned about you airing my dirty laundry on the forum that I have been dabbling in NASCAR to satisfy the itch. LOL

Playing more DK these days, seems relatively relatively easy to jam in Cole and DeGrom. Do you think that will be popular?

• BigRay

@ButBongoFiesta said...

why Springer is so expensive yet he’s done nothing this year (one HR and only averaging 4 points a game).

Link Quote Reply

Same with Trout who has been going up in price.

• sneaksox

@ButBongoFiesta said...

Brantley has been cheap since the season started. I’m not understanding why this is and why Springer is so expensive yet he’s done nothing this year (one HR and only averaging 4 points a game).

I guess a .421 avg/1.160 OPS warranted a $500 price drop…no love right there but we’ll take it.

• frugal

Oh wow…looking at the DK slate there are a ton of value bats to allow paying up for pitching. Brantlley, Fletcher stick out as outstanding value, Yuli and LaStella up there too. And almost the whole KC/DET order…

• sneaksox

@frugal said...

Oh wow…looking at the DK slate there are a ton of value bats to allow paying up for pitching. Brantlley, Fletcher stick out as outstanding value, Yuli and LaStella up there too. And almost the whole KC/DET order…

It’s FAR too easy to make DeGrom/Cole lineups tonight. Wish it was tougher honestly…

• zeeshan2

Brandon Nimmo anyone? batting first for the mets

• noddy

@Pandamonious said...

Slate dependent for sure. 4 is definitely doable. 4-3-1 is pretty popular. 4-1-1-1-1 too. In the contest I was in last night it was a 4-1-1-1-1 that won.

I assume you’re talking FD.

I would definitely lean 4, then it’s up to you if you want to do 4 and 4 1 off’s, or 4-3-1 or 4-2-2 and so on.

Thanks Panda!

• monarch

So who the SP1 tonight? deGrom?

• Jeddy3

I know it’s the royals, but most of their stack is 2K. Am I missing something here?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Still like the Twins, but could not be more disappointed in that line up. No Kepler or Garver. No Buxton?!

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Pandamonious said...

Still like the Twins, but could not be more disappointed in that line up. No Kepler or Garver. No Buxton?!

Panda – I am kind of with you, but love Arraez moving up in the lineup and Avila as the cheapo catcher extraordinaire tonight.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@sochoice said...

Panda – I am kind of with you, but love Arraez moving up in the lineup and Avila as the cheapo catcher extraordinaire tonight.

Yeah, it just seems like Leon has had reverse splits the past couple years between the majors and minors and the Twins went with 6 lefties.

He was weaker against lefties pre-2018, but not sure that means anything since it’s low minors.

Still advantage Twins, just not the dominant look I was expecting.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Great spot for Arraez….Arraez one offs lead to a unique roster construction

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Great spot for Arraez….Arraez one offs lead to a unique roster construction

Other than leading off, eh. Still slightly concerned about the PDL splits.

Don’t see the 1-off appeal as much. Like they either smash or don’t, and I’m either stacking or out with the Twins.

Kyle Tucker now…that as a 1-off, is appealing.

• synth

Ended up salvaging yesterday from a big loss to a small loss so I’ll take it.

For today on DK I’m going to be doing a lot of Cole/Boyd, DeGrom/Boyd, and Boyd/Paddack combos. Sprinkle in some CJ Cron 1 ofs and see where that takes me.

• mr_papageorgio

Kyle Tucker batting leadoff.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Other than leading off, eh. Still slightly concerned about the PDL splits.

Don’t see the 1-off appeal as much. Like they either smash or don’t, and I’m either stacking or out with the Twins.

Kyle Tucker now…that as a 1-off, is appealing.

Eh, lol. Pivoting off a chalk Merrifield and being contarian by not including the stack was what I was getting at. A leadoff HR is all it takes. I see value in pivoting off a 2B with inflated ownership vs taking Kyle Tucker who isn’t a pivot off anyone.

I suppose if I stack Twins it would begin with Miguel Sano and end with Arraez. And i don’t put that much stock into the opposing starter. Nowadays they represent maybe 40 percent of the opponents at bats.

• zeeshan2

really like the pirates as an underowned stack especially with frazier and moran

• mbunner23

Who’s the better cash play on DK, Nimmo or Tucker?

• Sleazygreazy

Yikes! Someone please explain to me why Ender Inciarte is more expensive than Nelson Cruz?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Eh, lol. Pivoting off a chalk Merrifield and being contarian by not including the stack was what I was getting at. A leadoff HR is all it takes. I see value in pivoting off a 2B with inflated ownership vs taking Kyle Tucker who isn’t a pivot off anyone.

I suppose if I stack Twins it would begin with Miguel Sano and end with Arraez. And i don’t put that much stock into the opposing starter. Nowadays they represent maybe 40 percent of the opponents at bats.

I know. I’m saying I’m either stacking the Twins or I’m out. They either abuse De Leon and get to the pen quick or struggle IMO. Not 1-offing any of them.

I’m just saying, if I’m looking for a cheap one-off bat hitting lead off, I prefer Tucker. Tucker would be a pivot off the 30 OF’s with higher ownership than him?

Also, Whit is OF eligible, so can still play both. Like, Torres at 2B and Whit at OF. Part of why he’ll be so chalky.

• superjon

I had Max + Nationals stack and swapped last minute for Gray + Reds

So incoming 15k game for Max and the Nats score 9 runs in the first inning.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@mbunner23 said...

Who’s the better cash play on DK, Nimmo or Tucker?

For cash, probably Nimmo.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.