6:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -101 ) at Cincinnati ( -104 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -143 ) at Pittsburgh ( 138 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Boston ( 176 ) at NY Mets ( -183 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 123 ) at Detroit ( -128 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 114 ) at Atlanta ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 137 ) at Minnesota ( -147 ) —- T: 10
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( -168 ) at SF Giants ( 161 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 187 ) at LA Angels ( -194 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• synth

yeah, im thinking about switching to fanduel if this dk pricing stays so unrealistic

perez has been sub 3k all year
    brantley has been battling clean up at 3.3k or lower
    the entire royals team is dirt cheap
    the 8 hitter for the yankees is 5k

it just doesnt make much sense

• frugal

@synth said...

throw behind a batter: 8 game suspension

continuous cheating leading to a world series: 0 game suspension for any players

baseball front office is a jokeeeeeee

IIRC, Astros weren’t punished due to the players union rather than MLB.

• zeeshan2

@synth said...

continuous cheating leading to a world series: 0 game suspension for any players

MLB determined that Kelly intentionally threw in the head area of Alex Bregman and also cited him for taunting Carlos Correa following a strikeout. It seems like an awfully heavy-handed suspension considering that eight games in a 60-game season is the equivalent of 21.6 games in a 162-game season, but MLB noted that Kelly is a repeat offender in terms of intentionally throwing at a batter”

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/19690/joe-kelly

• frugal

@synth said...

yeah, im thinking about switching to fanduel if this dk pricing stays so unrealistic

perez has been sub 3k all year
    brantley has been battling clean up at 3.3k or lower
    the entire royals team is dirt cheap
    the 8 hitter for the yankees is 5k

it just doesnt make much sense

Fanduel’s pricing is extremely soft right now.

• synth

I don’t really know what to do with the DK pricing. My entire mlbdfs life has involved me avoiding big chalk because the differences between the top few options are rarely that different and getting leverage on the field is the key to success.

Take tonights KC/DET game. If KC was priced reasonably for a hot team with big ownership, my inclination would be to roll out Boyd at 9k. Boyd is a solid pitcher who not only would be low owned himself but also give leverage against the high # of Royals stacks.

But the KC team isn’t priced reasonably. It’s 14,400 to get the entire 1-5 stack. There’s just not many lineups that can provide the potential pt/$ output that they can.

So do you just load up on the mispriced team with everyone else and differentiate elsewhere until they fix it or do you try to gain leverage?

It’s tough

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

got cute and faded Lynn for the early slate

paying the price

I have a Lynn lineup. And a Lynn at Captain lineup. Joey Gallo is crushing me with his 0-for in both.
    ~

• noddy

Whoever thinks the pricing is too soft should be winning all the monies cuz you should be able to make any lineup you want and that means you can play all the players that are going to do really well that day.

• monarch

I’m getting a lot of Boyd. That Royals lineup is really gross.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@synth said...

I don’t really know what to do with the DK pricing. My entire mlbdfs life has involved me avoiding big chalk because the differences between the top few options are rarely that different and getting leverage on the field is the key to success.

Take tonights KC/DET game. If KC was priced reasonably for a hot team with big ownership, my inclination would be to roll out Boyd at 9k. Boyd is a solid pitcher who not only would be low owned himself but also give leverage against the high # of Royals stacks.

But the KC team isn’t priced reasonably. It’s 14,400 to get the entire 1-5 stack. There’s just not many lineups that can provide the potential pt/$ output that they can.

So do you just load up on the mispriced team with everyone else and differentiate elsewhere until they fix it or do you try to gain leverage?

It’s tough

So, whether the pricing is strict or soft, there’s strategy.

I get what you’re saying, but either way you’re talking about leverage.

FD’s pricing is notoriously soft.

If Franco didn’t hit 2 HR’s the other day, no one would be going nuts to play him. The most likely scenario is he fails.

Take the leverage if that’s your style, and fade Cole/Heaney, and go down to Boyd/Paddack or something, and build a more even roster. Chances are the Yankees have a couple guys smash. They ain’t all going to go off. So cherry pick if you want Yanks.

You take what they give you and leverage off that. The pricing and possibilities create the ownership no matter what the pricing is.

• frugal

@noddy said...

Whoever thinks the pricing is too soft should be winning all the monies cuz you should be able to make any lineup you want and that means you can play all the players that are going to do really well that day.

I single entry cashed both FD lineups I’ve entered (just dipping my toe back in over there due to the free deposit) and nearly tripled entries on Yahoo MLB. DK though has been tougher.

• RudyPujols

Lynn into triple digit pitches. Cares not for this modern bull. Love that big hairy American winning machine.

• synth

@Pandamonious said...

So, whether the pricing is strict or soft, there’s strategy.

I get what you’re saying, but either way you’re talking about leverage.

FD’s pricing is notoriously soft.

If Franco didn’t hit 2 HR’s the other day, no one would be going nuts to play him. The most likely scenario is he fails.

Take the leverage if that’s your style, and fade Cole/Heaney, and go down to Boyd/Paddack or something, and build a more even roster. Chances are the Yankees have a couple guys smash. They ain’t all going to go off. So cherry pick if you want Yanks.

You take what they give you and leverage off that. The pricing and possibilities create the ownership no matter what the pricing is.

That’s good advice. Perhaps I’m getting too hung up on the extra stuff and should just keep it simple.

• frugal

@synth said...

That’s good advice. Perhaps I’m getting too hung up on the extra stuff and should just keep it simple.

That’s me, keeping it simple. Get as much exposure to the high O/U games and one off cheap batters early in the order.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@synth said...

Yeah, I think you might be getting hung up on the pricing too much. If normally you would fade the chalk stack, then fade the chalk stack(s). Obviously you have to decide for yourself, and there’s plenty of options. Use your savings from playing the Royals differently. Play Yelich, instead of the Yankee bats for example. Or to a lower owned SP2 if you’re using Cole or DeGrom. Just decide what you think your best edge is and nail it. Use your gut. If you’re not comfortable fading Royals don’t do it.

• noddy

@frugal said...

That’s me, keeping it simple. Get as much exposure to the high O/U games and one off cheap batters early in the order.

Well said and congrats on your winnings on FD and Yahoo.

• zeeshan2

I have 2900 left on FD and dont know who to play; I am thinking Moran or Fletcher or Joc

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@zeeshan2 said...

I have 2900 left on FD and dont know who to play; I am thinking Moran or Fletcher or Joc

McNeil?

I’m assuming you already have Sanchez?

• noddy

@zeeshan2 said...

I have a little Moran and Joc so play Fletcher.

• tmac178

@synth said...

Ultimately a victimless act(sign stealing, been going on for over a century in baseball)..

Vs.

Intent to injure Using a baseball as a weapon.

Granted we all want some a tion taken, but c’mon. Anarchy on the baseball diamond is not the way to make the Astros pay.

Beat them at their own game, now youre talking..l

Might wanna get your moral compass out of your ass, bub…

• JIB7

FanDuel HR challenge shows the Yankees vs. PHI and hasn’t loaded their lineup order. Wonder if their stats will count.

• madmanjayWV

@Sleazygreazy said...

Chadwick Tromp anyone?

Thought about him and SS
    Jake Cronenworth
    SAN DIEGO PADRES

• zeeshan2

@Pandamonious said...

McNeil?

I’m assuming you already have Sanchez?

yes; in my 1b/c already

• zeeshan2

@noddy said...

I have a little Moran and Joc so play Fletcher.

I put Fletcher in my Util spot; batting first in a great spot for the angels tonight

• Sleazygreazy

@zeeshan2 said...

I put Fletcher in my Util spot; batting first in a great spot for the angels tonight

His upside is pretty limited but I don’t hate it. I’d personally go Moran, then Joc

• synth

Not related to todays slate specifically but it looks like Kluber is done for the year :(

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.