1:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -124 ) at Tampa Bay ( 104 ) —- T: 7.5
    2:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -175 ) at Kansas City ( 165 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:20 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -135 ) at Chi Cubs ( 105 ) —- T: 7.5
    3:45 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -122 ) at SF Giants ( 112 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -196 ) at Pittsburgh ( 166 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 135 ) at Detroit ( -155 ) —- T: 10
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 102 ) at Boston ( -112 ) —- T: 10
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 225 ) at San Diego ( -245 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

Are the Nats and Phillies actually going to play a DH today?

• ifthethunder

@superjon said...

Are the Nats and Phillies actually going to play a DH today?

Are they actually going to play today?

Lots of weather concerns on both slates.
    ~

• zovyn

(F/D) C/1B position on the early 4-game slate is impossible to decipher. Way too many good options.

I can’t not play Votto at this point, even with the wind gusting in at Wrigley. I like Alonso and McCann in their matchup, and Contreras has some solid BvP behind him today. I think Salvador is going yard against Rodon. Choi has some odd but sick numbers against Cole… geez, the only guy I don’t like is Freeman. Which means I should probably play him and forget the rest.

EDIT: Noted – I don’t even have a White Sox player on my list. But Abreu, Sheets, and Vaughn are all facing Carlos Hernandez in good batting weather.

Anybody have any umpire scouting done for the early slate?

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

Choi has some odd but sick numbers against Cole… geez, the only guy I don’t like is Freeman. Which means I should probably play him and forget the rest.

I played Choi in one or two non-Cole lineups for that reason.

Also, Joc Pederson has solid BvP against Taijuan Walker. Have him as CPT in showdown l.u. (Also have Walker as CPT in another…somebody has to win the matchup, right?)
    ~

• ifthethunder

No Anthony Rizzo or Kris Bryant in the Cubs lineup.

“Hearing Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant are heading to a big farm upstate where they can run around and play all day.”

https://twitter.com/EVR551/status/1420778427536363525
    ~

• zovyn

CWS lineup is an ugly mess too. No Abreu, Jimenez, or Anderson

• ifthethunder

Nice start, Gerrit Cole. Feel free to get your first out whenever.
    ~

• zovyn

I knew Cole was a trap and I jumped in headfirst anyway.

• Southie777

I did one TB stack and it’s in my one Cole lineup. No idea how I managed that. I’ve never done that in years of playing. 1/9 lineups with a TB stack and 1/9 with Cole and I somehow put them in the same one. Look like one of those idiots who plays everyone from the same, earliest game so they can take a screenshot and send it to their non-DFS-playing friends who don’t understand. D’oh!

• superjon

Bet ATL at +1.5 in my 4 team parlay, because I really liked Riley and Ozzie and wanted to stack them with Alonso.

Plays T. Walker and no Riley or Ozzie.

• Southie777

@superjon said...

Bet ATL at +1.5 in my 4 team parlay, because I really liked Riley and Ozzie and wanted to stack them with Alonso.

Plays T. Walker and no Riley or Ozzie.

Haha, sounds like you’re as quick on the uptake as me today!

• ifthethunder

I have Abraham Almonte in 1/3, but passed on Freddie today. Stubbornly going with Joey Votto and his heater again even though the wind is blowing in.
    ~

• caleb21scott

I think ill play votto everyday for the rest of the year as long as hes under 5k

• ifthethunder

@caleb21scott said...

I think ill play votto everyday for the rest of the year as long as hes under 5k

Wind is just a motivator for him.
    ~

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

Wow the Yankees suck

• superjon

Also bet TB +1.5 and played Cole

I need to just stick to sports betting

• zovyn

Seriously would have a killer LU if i could have played all the C/1b that I liked

• Southie777

@Southie777 said...

I did one TB stack and it’s in my one Cole lineup. No idea how I managed that. I’ve never done that in years of playing. 1/9 lineups with a TB stack and 1/9 with Cole and I somehow put them in the same one. Look like one of those idiots who plays everyone from the same, earliest game so they can take a screenshot and send it to their non-DFS-playing friends who don’t understand. D’oh!

This is far and away my best lineup. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• zovyn

@Roma315 said...

Wow the Yankees suck

All of this. Basically a must-win game and all they put on the field is some name recognition.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Anyone know why Peralta only threw 51 pitches last game? His news blurb in his player profile on DK and FD also mentions possible innings management, but no one is talking about it and he’s still getting touted everywhere.

• Texaspridejb

Was Votto bitten by a radioactive spider or something?

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone know why Peralta only threw 51 pitches last game? His news blurb in his player profile on DK and FD also mentions possible innings management, but no one is talking about it and he’s still getting touted everywhere.

Not me, but I share the concern. Freddy Peralta and Frankie Montas were my first 2 SPs in for the evening slate.
    ~

• land_of_the_lock

On Freddy Peralta last game:

β€œWe got him a break after the All-Star game, a light one, and the goal is just to have this recovery period now between starts just be a little easier, and just get him as fresh as we can,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. β€œWe’ll extend him the next time and treat him pretty normal the next time.”

https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap/_/gameId/401228512

Sounds like this start should be closer to normal number of innings, if you trust what Counsell is saying.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Good find. Still a little uncertainty.

The break after the ASG, was moving to the back of the rotation.

So, “we’ll extend him the next time” would be tonight, so up from 51, then I would take, “and treat him pretty normal the next time” as the 3rd start.

So, might still be limited tonight? That’s how I take it.

• land_of_the_lock

Yeah, I’m with you on the uncertainty. I’m guessing he gets 5 innings, anything more is gravy. He’s averaged 4 DK points per inning this season back to end of April. I’m looking at tonight as 20DK points (on average). Pitt isn’t a great batting team, so maybe he gets a small bump from the season averages.

I guess it depends on what kind of tourney you are aiming for. Seems pretty decent option for 50/50’s or smallish GPP’s but maybe not large GPPs.

But, ultimately, who knows what the manager will do…

EDIT: There is a chance for in-game rain delay, per Roth, so maybe that takes a bit more off the luster. I’ll probably still play him in 50/50s.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).