10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 261 ) at LA Dodgers ( -288 ) —- T: 6.0

Grinders Live Wednesday 7/29 All times ET
    10:30 (MLB) BritDevine / HeadChopper
    3:30 (MLB) Hoop2410 / Pepsi7
    4:30 (MLB) CrazyGabey / BoggsLite
    5:30 (MLB) AlSmizzle / Dean78904
    6:30 (MLB) EMac
    MLB Weather: 7/29

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• woefulstuff

Kershaw looks like an absolute must tonight regardless of price. At any rate, I don’t wanna be the guy who has to sweat out Kershaw in the last game of the night when it will be the only game going. Don’t need an ulcer tonight.

• Nancyfox47

Has a Toronto stack ever worked out for anyone? Not me…

• crazypaul

@Nancyfox47 said...

Yes, several times. I even managed to cash in my GPPs last night with my 5 man TOR stack (no Bautista).

• donkshow

Jays will super owned tonight. Doubt many fade out of spite from last night.

• txdave41

I think I’m just going to ride out the rest of the season with Melky and stacking any team against the Rangers when they are home. lol Gosh they sure know how to stink it up in front of their fans. The stadium was nearly empty by the time that game was over.

• ElSlappo

Jays will do their best Yankee impression tonight.

I like Corbin and Lester on the early slate. Also give me as any Cub hitters as I can fit in my LU.

• ChoppoDong

@Nancyfox47 said...

Even in cash games, it’s not a bad idea to fade them like COL hitters. High prices and the propensity, like anyone, to throw out a clunker. Let the masses take them. In larger slates, you can still cash w/o them most times…….and……when they do throw the clunker, you have an easier road to victory.

Same philosophy as fading the Thursday night NFL games.

• ChoppoDong

Someone spoke yesterday about hating larger slates. Days like today drive me bonkers……when all the pitching is on one half and all the hitting on the other.

• ayudame

I love split slates… good size today too.

Today is play Moss because he owns the pitcher yet will go 0/4 …. YAY Day!

• fija1001

Who do we pair Kershaw with on DK. My two Im looking at are R.A. and Colon.

• catt0025

Where can you find stats as to how a SP has fared in day games? (fangraphs?)

• ayudame

Fading Cubs for better matchups… because 1. smaller slates… fade the high ownerships 2. better matchups i think anyways…. but then again Bulter is terrible so i’ll probably crash and burn thanks to Rizzo/Bryant/Schwarber…

• y2mulder

That Target field wind could be fun.

• deejones49

@catt0025 said...

Where can you find stats as to how a SP has fared in day games? (fangraphs?)

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp

• Bodiddly

@y2mulder said...

That Target field wind could be fun.

Yikes! Twins and Pirates righties looking tasty even with two good arms going.

• bjk121

@Bodiddly said...

Yikes! Twins and Pirates righties looking tasty even with two good arms going.

Agreed, but still gotta the hit the ball. Two solid pitchers out there.

• SkeletonCrew13

Anyone considering Prado tonight. Hitting about .400 again Washington.
    I ask because it could open Kershaw up for me

• ayudame

@SkeletonCrew13 said...

Anyone considering Prado tonight. Hitting about .400 again Washington.
    I ask because it could open Kershaw up for me

Prado was great for me yesterday! i would recommend going back to the cheapy well.

Am i crazy for possibly using Fiers today in the early slate… I always to like to look for a sneaky pitcher in the shorter slates… ones with a legitimate chance to put up at least 15-20 points to open up cap room and also be low owned.. I played Teheran / Cain during the last short slate which had a couple other chalk plays it was against.. they were super low owned and put up 20-25 points which allowed me to do whatever i wanted with bats and ultimately cashed nicely..

So with that said lookin gat King Felix / Fiers combo.

• CigMike

@ChoppoDong said...

Someone spoke yesterday about hating larger slates. Days like today drive me bonkers……when all the pitching is on one half and all the hitting on the other.

I mention it yesterday… I’m new to baseball and noticed to be in the top 20% on larger slates the point total for that day is extremely higher than usual… There were several others who enjoy the larger slates but I had to take my name out the hat last night but definitely will have fun choosing my LU’s today

• cjs5555

@ayudame said...

Am i crazy for possibly using Fiers today in the early slate… I always to like to look for a sneaky pitcher in the shorter slates… ones with a legitimate chance to put up at least 15-20 points to open up cap room and also be low owned.. I played Teheran / Cain during the last short slate which had a couple other chalk plays it was against.. they were super low owned and put up 20-25 points which allowed me to do whatever i wanted with bats and ultimately cashed nicely..

not crazy at all. he will be low owned, has K upside (but bad matchup for Ks) and in pitcher’s park. that said, there is also a decent risk that SF hangs 10+ hits and several runs on him – that lineup can grind. Good tournament play if you can stomach the risk. I won’t be using him, especially w/ Lester at $9,100 and a better matchup.

• cjs5555

@CigMike said...

I mention it yesterday… I’m new to baseball and noticed to be in the top 20% on larger slates the point total for that day is extremely higher than usual… There were several others who enjoy the larger slates but I had to take my name out the hat last night but definitely will have fun choosing my LU’s today

the higher scores are because you have more entries and more scoring possibilities. Frankly your odds of scoring more are greater in a large slate than in a 2-3 game slate. The scoring distribution in a 2-3 game slate will be tighter because there’s much more overlap in players among the lineups. Doesn’t necessarily make it easier to cash.

• kerriedude

KERSHAW SCRATCHED!!!!!

@SportsInsights
    #MLB #Dodgers – Clayton Kershaw, Undisclosed – has been scratched from start Wednesday (7/29) vs. Oakland

• Wrightime

Kershaw scratched tonight .. Maybe they traded him lol

• kerriedude

Sore hip according to Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal
    More on Kershaw: Told hip/glute is sore. #Dodgers deciding whether to start Bolsinger today and push Kershaw to Friday or stay as is.

• aafritz13

My hopes and dreams are riding on a mixture of Indians this morning and Lester and Felix….. GOGOGO!!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).