10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 261 ) at LA Dodgers ( -288 ) —- T: 6.0

Grinders Live Wednesday 7/29 All times ET
    10:30 (MLB) BritDevine / HeadChopper
    3:30 (MLB) Hoop2410 / Pepsi7
    4:30 (MLB) CrazyGabey / BoggsLite
    5:30 (MLB) AlSmizzle / Dean78904
    6:30 (MLB) EMac
    MLB Weather: 7/29

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• cjs5555

@slinkymaster said...

58 FD points on early slate and -99.8% ROI in gpps. Easily the highest score that has gotten me nothing in the last 2 years.

i just started playing FD and it seems so random as to what scores you need to cash. i entered 2 lineups into a couple early games today. my 61.75 is barely cashing and my 60.25 is not cashing.

• bjk121

@slinkymaster said...

58 FD points on early slate and -99.8% ROI in gpps. Easily the highest score that has gotten me nothing in the last 2 years.

Yea…I had 65.50 and basically min-cashed in most of the smaller GPPs.

• Lohara

What are some good minimum salary outfielders on fanduel?

• jzieg2313

@Lohara said...

Ethier looks like the best play at the true min price.

• raul214

160 on DK 60k moonshot #2337 n still might drop :/ , those I dropped 1 Indian player n he went yard lol never fails

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@cjs5555 said...

i just started playing FD and it seems so random as to what scores you need to cash. i entered 2 lineups into a couple early games today. my 61.75 is barely cashing and my 60.25 is not cashing.

All depends on whose hitting the homeruns. This afternoon it was all the chalk plays.

A 61.75 usually is a very high score. On a low scoring night, a 61.75 can come close to winning an FD GPP.

• ZachAndTired

What’s the deal with Kershaw/Bolsinger? I saw earlier that Kershaw was scratched and Bolsinger was going, but now Rotowire has Kershaw in the lineup again. Did they unscratch him?

• Olhausen

@Zieg30 said...

I’m at 180 points in 450th place. That’s how it goes when a bunch of players and pitchers 30% owned all go off.

I have had a bad last 4 days with high scores and no cash. Sunday : 204-4$ Tuesday 4 different lineups in the 160s -10$ today a few lineups in the 160s -20$. Oh and last night Dk messed my lineups up a 2 twin lineups were there all of the sudden. Guess which team disappears? The Yankees of corse. The game had not started so I was able to fit 4 Yankees in but some players already were locked so of corse I can’t put Brett Gardner in and I end up with a 0 in his spot and a 165 line up instead of a 195 or so. Yes I’ve had some bad luck the last few days but not as bad as SYKO lol

• donkshow

• soopra

With Encarnacion scratched, Colabello is batting cleanup. You guys tempted? He’s burned me everytime I’ve picked him.

• Hogwired

Is Encarnacion in or out of TOR lineup today? “Intentional Talk” on the MLB Network says he’s in, but DK shows him out.

Thx

Edit: Sorry didn’t see the two posts above me before I posted. Well, anyways the MLB show on tv right now says he is in…

• dude_abides7

@soopra said...

With Encarnacion scratched, Colabello is batting cleanup. You guys tempted? He’s burned me everytime I’ve picked him.

I don’t see how I can’t make the pivot to Colabello. Trust me, I hate the guy…but batting 4th in this game combined that there will be some that a) Simply keep their LU the same and pivot to another high priced 1B and b) wont get the memo on EE being out….because of this I think Corabello could make hay for a lot of LU’s.

• dude_abides7

@Hogwired said...

Is Encarnacion in or out of TOR lineup today? “Intentional Talk” on the MLB Network says he’s in, but DK shows him out.

Thx

He had a hammy cramp last night. I think he’s out and this is carry over from that.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@ZachAndTired said...

What’s the deal with Kershaw/Bolsinger? I saw earlier that Kershaw was scratched and Bolsinger was going, but now Rotowire has Kershaw in the lineup again. Did they unscratch him?

Anyone know a definitive answer to this?

The starting lineups page is showing Kershaw again.

• Hogwired

Do you agree that STL will beat CIN… and also that HOU will beat LAA?

• CrazyGabey

WAS at MIA

• MIA 29th vs RHP.
    • WAS 25th overall last 30 days, but should begin trending back towards a fringe top-10 offense w/ Werth and Rendon back.
    • Koehler getting smashed w/ a 34.9 Hard%. 1.05 HR/9 too. Allowing a .321 wOBA to LHB on a .240 BABIP.
    • Fister allowing 1.09 HR/9. Reverse split is ENTIRELY BABIP-induced. Target him w/ both sides of the plate.

SD at NYM

• 8 NYM 24th vs RHP.
    • SD 27th vs RHP & 29th overall last 30 days w/ 22.8% K-rate.
    • Ross is a monster w/ a 25.2% K-rate backed by a 12.7 SwSt%. LHB struggles are BABIP-induced (.328 wOBA on .358 BABIP).
    • Colon 1.15 HR/9. Allowing .331 wOBA to LHB on a .341 BABIP.

CIN at STL

• STL 11th vs RHP but 26th overall last 30 days.
    • Lackey allowing a 31.2 Hard%.
    • Desclafani owns a 8.8% BB-rate. .341 wOBA allowed to LHB.

CWS at BOS

• BOS 24th vs LHP & 21st overall last 30 days.
    • CWS trending upwards at 16th overall last 30 days.
    • Melky 10-20 w/ 3 2B & a HR.
    • Beckham 15-32 w/ 6 2B & a HR.
    • Quintana allowing a .335 wOBA to RHB but on a .355 BABIP.
    • Porcello allowing 1.44 HR/9 which is liberal considering HR/FB%, but not surprising considering his pitch-to-contact style. 31.3 Hard%. .335-ish+ wOBA allowed to both sides of the plate.

NYY at TEX

• NYY 4th vs RHP & 5th overall last 30 days.
    • TEX middle of the pack vs RHP.
    • Tanaka looks great except for his 1.65 HR/9 on a 17.9 HR/FB%.
    • Colby allowing 1.07 HR/9 w/ a 32.7 Hard%. .320 wOBA allowed to LHB.

LAA at HOU

• LAA surging vs RHP, moving to 8th after starting the season bottom-5. 1st overall last 30 days.
    • HOU 5th vs RHP w/ a 24.8% K-rate. 7th overall last 30 days w/ just a 20.4% K-rate.
    • McCullers 25.5% K-rate is legit. 9.4% BB-rate will keep him from being elite just yet.
    • Richards 18.3% K-rate is disappointing, but the 10.6 SwSt% leave room for optimism.

PHI at TOR

• PHI 30th vs RHP but 9th overall last 30 days.
    • TOR 6th vs RHP.
    • Dickey 8.4% BB-rate. 1.19 HR/9 is par for course w/ his career. Allowing a .330-ish wOBA to both sides of the plate.
    • Jerome allowing 1.89 on inflated 17.6 HR/FB%. GAS CAN vs both sides of the plate.

ATL at BAL

• BAL 10th vs RHP but 24th overall last 30 days.
    • ATL 25th vs RHP & 27th overall last 30 days.
    • Tillman 9.4% BB-rate. Allowing .363 wOBA to LHB.
    • Folty 1.32 HR/9 is legit on a 31.6 Hard%.

OAK at LAD

• LAD 2nd vs RHP but falling quickly & just 15th overall last 30 days.
    • OAK was a top-5 team vs RHP but has fallen to 13th. 28th overall last 30 days.
    • Bolsinger 22.1% K-rate continues unsupported by his 8.5 SwSt%. 8.2% BB-rate won’t allow him to go deep into games.
    • Chavez is about as league average as they come. Allowing a .333 wOBA to LHB.

• edmondc86

Colabello or Melky for tonight?

• shockermandan

@dude_abides7 said...

I don’t see how I can’t make the pivot to Colabello.

Agreed, for all the reasons you mentioned. If a guy hits a home run every now and then, and you play him… every night… He eventually has to hit one for you, right?

• strassnerte

@Lohara said...

W Venable and A Garcia for way low prices

• txdave41

@slinkymaster said...

I feel ya. 58 points and I got nothing in the Squeeze. Then Felix destroying my other lineups. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow. Problem is FD hasn’t given a good night since June 30th. :( Competition is just too damn good.

• ChoppoDong

Re: Colabello pivot……..What are you going to do with the $1700 difference? That’s a lot. It’s more like pivot and plug Bautista in as well.

Personally, I like guys like Colabello and Pillar. Makes it easier to grab exposure to the top offense in a hitters park, but not get completely wiped on a game like last night’s clunker.

• Shake_Zula

Russell Martin looks good tonight,considering all the dudes Colabello will leave on base after I played him.

• Tyler245

Rotowire has bolsinger starting

• soopra

@ChoppoDong said...

Re: Colabello pivot……..What are you going to do with the $1700 difference? That’s a lot. It’s more like pivot and plug Bautista in as well.

Personally, I like guys like Colabello and Pillar. Makes it easier to grab exposure to the top offense in a hitters park, but not get completely wiped on a game like last night’s clunker.

I just can’t do it…If I roster him, he’s guaranteed to 0-4 but since I’m not, he’s gonna hit a dong. Thank me later guys.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@edmondc86 said...

Colabello or Melky for tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).