7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Houston ( -169 ) at Texas ( 156 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 119 ) at Colorado ( -129 ) —- T: 12
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -205 ) at Kansas City ( 188 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:05 PM EST : San Diego ( 130 ) at Oakland ( -141 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( 128 ) at Arizona ( -139 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 219 ) at LA Dodgers ( -240 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -103 ) at Seattle ( -105 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Did all research and built LUs for early slate without looking at projections or Vegas information.

Ended up with

Hendricks – biggest favorite

Milwaukee stack – highest projected run total

I kind of want to change now lol

• 7klub06

@superjon said...

Did all research and built LUs for early slate without looking at projections or Vegas information.

Ended up with

Hendricks – biggest favorite

Milwaukee stack – highest projected run total

I kind of want to change now lol

Hendricks? Hasn’t been looking so hot. Liking Fulmer and Guerra for pitchers

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Pitching is bleh. Looking at paying over 9k for bieber and eflin

• superjon

@7klub06 said...

Hendricks? Hasn’t been looking so hot. Liking Fulmer and Guerra for pitchers

Kind of the reason I like him for GPPs

I know Fulmer has been better recently but I don’t believe he’s a better real life pitcher than Hendricks. Add to the fact that Fulmer is 1k more on FD and the decision was easy

I like Guerrera except for the price.

• biga0787

Odorizzi is the ultimate gpp play. He could get shelled or be the highest on the board. I may take him against mil and hope for the best

• mr_papageorgio

I’m not sure if there’s anything to this but Alex Cobb has 2 games of 20+ DK points this year and both came on the road vs. NL East opponents. He’s at Philly tonight and costs a whopping $4500. With how ugly pitching is tonight he may be worth a look.

• keephustlincuz

@walkoff9 said...

Pitching is bleh. Looking at paying over 9k for bieber and eflin

Ended up with those 2 on my first DK build. Not sure how I feel about it.

• rickkain29

@biga0787 said...

Odorizzi is the ultimate gpp play. He could get shelled or be the highest on the board. I may take him against mil and hope for the best

He has had some success against the Brewers lineup..might not be a bad play.

• NarrowJ

That DET lineup looks horrendous.

I’ll be playing Hendricks with the wind blowing in.

EDIT: Now that I’m looking at PlateIQ it seems this rag-tag DET bunch could surprise today? Everyone but Iglesias looks really good against the Sinker and low-velocity Fastballs. (unless I just don’t know how to read that stuff…)

• Brenmike922

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m not sure if there’s anything to this but Alex Cobb has 2 games of 20+ DK points this year and both came on the road vs. NL East opponents. He’s at Philly tonight and costs a whopping $4500. With how ugly pitching is tonight he may be worth a look.

It’s been stinkin’ humid around here and light winds blowing out to left. I gotta think the ball will be flying at CBP tonight.

• richierich

Feeling very uneasy rolling with Hendricks… but a QS with a small handful of K’s would be great. I don’t know that I see any one pitcher going off on that early slate.

• richierich

@mr_papageorgio said...

Alex Cobb has 2 games of 20+ DK points this year and both came on the road vs. NL East opponents.

And both times I’ve crashed a car — it’s been at night on a busy road. I guess I should never drive at night and/or on a busy road.

This game of large leaps and double back-flips to reach a desired statistical conclusion just doesn’t often work out. There’s simply no reason to connect these dots.

• NarrowJ

Anyone use brooksbaseball.net? They have a PITCHf/x tool that I’m looking at. Was just looking at DET guys vs. Sinkers. Looks like Candelario and Castellanos absolutely crush that pitch type.

Now I’m scared to play Hendricks haha.

• Brenmike922

@NarrowJ said...

Anyone use brooksbaseball.net? They have a PITCHf/x tool that I’m looking at. Was just looking at DET guys vs. Sinkers. Looks like Candelario and Castellanos absolutely crush that pitch type.

Just checked out the site. Great info

• biga0787

Early slate I think fulmer/odorizzi. Mix match of bats

• ASitar

I think I’m going Flaherty/Richard for DK. Too many good hitting spots tonight, not sure if I should stack or pick and choose.

• superjon

@NarrowJ said...

I’ve used it before. It’s good data.

My issue is that Hendricks doesn’t give up HC and while a few might hit the sinker the GB rate is super high.

• NarrowJ

@superjon said...

I’ve used it before. It’s good data.

My issue is that Hendricks doesn’t give up HC and while a few might hit the sinker the GB rate is super high.

Agree on that after looking into it a bit more. Hendricks has given up 16 HR this year though, 9 of them at Wrigley. His groundball rate looks like it’s down a hair too.

I have some Castellanos/Candelario but that was all I decided to touch on the DET side this morning. Both slugging well over .600 vs the Sinker using data from 2017/18 seasons.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

I think I’m going Flaherty/Richard for DK. Too many good hitting spots tonight, not sure if I should stack or pick and choose.

Just of curiosity, why Richard over Yarbough? Why Flaherty over Greinke or Bieber or even Eflin? I’m leaning with my highest owned duo being Yarbrough/Greinke, but I’m not sure. This whole slate seems bleh. Lots of 6-8k pitchers that I could see getting 20 or 5. Assuming Kershaw is limited we have no locks up top to pay for. I guess the point I’m making is it’s hard to differentiate pitchers today, at least for me.

• casper

Rolling bassitt and yardbrouh had a great night with chin and paying up for lindor judge shieber ect to many good hitter options again also had kemp hes 3900 tonight went 5 for five and had a 40 burger with lindor

• 7klub06

Gonna be a long day for Hendricks

• biga0787

Need fulmer to not get beat up here. Second behind odorizzi in pitchers would be nice

• Njsum1

@richierich said...

And both times I’ve crashed a car — it’s been at night on a busy road. I guess I should never drive at night and/or on a busy road.

This game of large leaps and double back-flips to reach a desired statistical conclusion just doesn’t often work out. There’s simply no reason to connect these dots.

I was thinking the same thing regarding @mr_papageorgio’s post. Sounded like he was grasping at straws a bit.

Still, Cobb is mildly interesting. I’m gonna play Cobb in a lineup and hope he can get 10 DK points. He’s 4500, anything but a negative score I’d be happy with. I like some big bats tonight so I’m gonna have to make some weak plays at pitcher. Cobb has been terrible though. Yet he can do OK in weaker matchups…a negative 10 wouldn’t surprise me either.

• mr_papageorgio

@Njsum1 said...

I was thinking the same thing regarding @mr_papageorgio’s post. Making a reach.

Still, Cobb is mildly interesting. I’m gonna play Cobb in a lineup and hope he can get 10 DK points. He’s 4500, anything but a negative score I’d be happy with. I like some big bats tonight so I’m gonna have to make some weak plays at pitcher. Cobb has been terrible though. Yet he can do OK in weaker matchups…a negative 10 wouldn’t surprise me either.

I think Cobb could be good value and is worth exposure if making multiple LUs but I’m only doing one and I’ve settled on German and Bassitt for pitchers tonight. Still leaves plenty of room for good bats with less risk of a negative score.

• biga0787

Awesome melt down spot for fulmer

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).