4:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -127 ) at Detroit ( 118 ) —- T: 9
    7:15 PM EST : Boston ( 112 ) at Oakland ( -135 ) —- T: 9
    7:15 PM EST : Houston ( -172 ) at Cleveland ( 158 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:15 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -204 ) at Washington ( 174 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -109 ) at Colorado ( -101 ) —- T: 12.5
    10:07 PM EST : Baltimore ( 168 ) at LA Angels ( -200 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -184 ) at Arizona ( 154 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 125 ) at Seattle ( -150 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

TEX/SEA Over. Bomb Lyles & Gonzo!

• bangthedrummond

Hate to say it, but…..Coors.

• ifthethunder

Weather concerns on the early slate. Maybe just damn the torpedoes?

P.S. Speaking of “DAMN YOU” the stats are telling me to pick Nick Castellanos again.
    ~

• Njsum1

A couple of examples of why for me BVP is real, it is, and it’s predictive…well as predictive as anything can be in such a high variance sport.

I’m watching the Mets/Yankees game and I’ll take 2 examples.

Pete Alonso and James McCann both hit lefties pretty well.

Alonso was 0 for 2 with 2 k’s versus Montgomery
    And McCann was 1-2 with a homer

Small samples, I know, yet here’s what I saw on their next at bats…

Alonso flied out and struck out, and clearly doesn’t see Montgomery well. Swings at the first pitch, doesn’t get good contact. Chases high. Montgomery seems to have his number.

Now McCann struck out twice. However, in the first at bat he roped what would have been a double just foul, and barely missed a homer a pitch or two later which was just foul as well. Yet he’s getting around on him and making hard contact.

2nd at bat….he struck out again, yet he got called out on a pitch that was clearly low and away, and other than chasing one high fastball, it was clear he sees him well.

Just thought that was interesting.

• tbird05

are you guys just auto playing Yu in today’s FD early contests

• tbird05

I haven’t seen Rothstein’s tweets about the game

• FitFantasyGod

Hey what’s up all, I just wrote an article on how research has diminishing returns if anyone has 5 mins to give it a quick read. If not that’s cool too, let’s win some money on tonight’s MLB slate

• marker0357

worried about Philly radar so I bailed on Darvish. Hope it don’t burn me.

• frugal

SD/PHI confirmed delay, pitchers not yet warming up and tarp still on field.

https://twitter.com/ScottLauber/status/1411413164260999172

• tbird05

no Darvish for me on FD. I feel DFS’ers just ignore the risk when there’s no apparent pivots. Hopefully he 0’s out or doesn’t pay off his tag tonight at considerable ownership

• tbird05

even better Mahle chalk pitching at home. Cubs stacks let’s go

• ifthethunder

@tbird05 said...

no Darvish for me on FD. I feel DFS’ers just ignore the risk when there’s no apparent pivots. Hopefully he 0’s out or doesn’t pay off his tag tonight at considerable ownership

Only now reading the Roth update. Have the Darv in 3 of 4 afternoon lineups.
    ~

• ifthethunder

Now for the main slate: Anyone feel good about their pitchers? Clayton Kershaw did put up 26.5 DKFP back on April 11th…but the Nats (and Kyle Schwarber) weren’t hitting back then.
    ~

• mattspot10

@ifthethunder said...

Now for the main slate: Anyone feel good about their pitchers? Clayton Kershaw did put up 26.5 DKFP back on April 11th…but the Nats (and Kyle Schwarber) weren’t hitting back then.
    ~

Schwarber won’t be hitting tonight either. Put on the IL today.

• ifthethunder

@mattspot10 said...

Schwarber won’t be hitting tonight either. Put on the IL today.

Doh!

We err they still have Juan Soto …but he’s 1 for 7 with a home run and 3 strikeouts vs. Kershaw. Guess I’ll have to play Clayton in one or 2 or so.
    ~

• EvanVanVan

Stupid noob question, I haven’t been paying attention to Shohei Ohtani on draftkings…He’s list at $6,100 tonight, but according to the DK game log got 0 FPTS last night…after hitting 2 hrs lol. Does DK only count his pitching stats? Or is it just a bug (or a design decision) and only his pitching stats are used for the game log? I don’t want to spend $6,100 on him tonight for him not to accumulate any points. lol

Thank you

• SkateFiend

The Reaper texted me to say that he’s playing Ohtani today. Stay away from him.

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

P.S. Speaking of “DAMN YOU” the stats are telling me to pick Nick Castellanos again.

ANOTHER goose egg in a favorable matchup. Damnitall.
    ~

• zovyn

@SkateFiend said...

The Reaper texted me to say that he’s playing Ohtani today. Stay away from him.

But…but… OHTANI! :(

• cedric19

GREEN : LAD @ WAS – Any rain threat should be well cleared by 1st pitch, no worries.”

I guess do my own research? shrug

• yisman

@cedric19 said...

GREEN : LAD @ WAS – Any rain threat should be well cleared by 1st pitch, no worries.”

I guess do my own research? shrug

relying on the weather page this year has been a disaster

I used Kershaw, and boom, delay

Kershy-Bombed……….
    Fraley-Fever again, 3100 batting 5. 100%. BOMB-Lyles!!
    One Coorsy-Stack. Heavy Long. Hope he doesn’t dud tonight.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Big miss by Roth on DC.

Nothin’ from Coorsy again. Goose-Eggs.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Tonight’s game will resume at approximately 10:20 PM ET! -Nats

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).