2:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -183 ) at Chi Sox ( 168 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -121 ) at Milwaukee ( 112 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 107 ) at St. Louis ( -116 ) —- T: 8.5
    3:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 116 ) at Texas ( -126 ) —- T: 11.5
    4:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 169 ) at Oakland ( -184 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 190 ) at Seattle ( -208 ) —- T: 9
    4:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -167 ) at San Diego ( 154 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : SF Giants ( 242 ) at LA Dodgers ( -265 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Pitching today…

• superjon

Going Pomeranz and Dickey

• joemorris100

Agreed pitching is bad
    Built lineup with Montgomery
    Maybe go to RA Dickey
    Guess I will go listen to podcasts and see if the have any good tips.

• Epicsic

Said no one lol sorry dickey is trash

• rottenhomerunapple

Any stack advice?

• superjon

@Epicsic said...

Said no one lol sorry dickey is trash

He’s scored 40+ FD points in 3 of his last 7, and had 52 in his last start vs Philly.

Is he a must play? I don’t think so, but he’s certainly not trash. Especially not on this slate and at his price.

• superjon

@rottenhomerunapple said...

Any stack advice?

ATL, LA, CLE

• rog11sm

My 4 and 4 stacks have been missing lately. I think I need to go back to 5 man with 3 one offs or 3/3/2.

• ASitar

Texas/Baltimore will combine for 20+ runs today.

Also using lots of Jose Abreau.

GL today

• raymond333

I have a line built, but was coming on here for stack advice too. So you’re saying TX and BAL is that solid? Others agreeing with this too? I do have a few of those players in, but if you think that’s a hot stack, I may make some changes. Was running a small CLE stack too.

Also, what’s everyone’s thoughts on Mccullers today? He’s projected decent, but if there’s a cheaper decent pitcher, I’m interested (maybe Montgomery, Dickey, or Pom)?

Any input is appreciated. I was getting pics sent to me, but they started sucking, so I’ve been doing my own. Thing is, I can work a small slate pretty good, but when it’s a larger slate, I’m still trying to see which stack is best. I was thinking NYY too, but not sure on that either.

• raymond333

Wait TX and BAL isn’t on the main slate. Maybe the all day, not sure (FD). So maybe Cleveland, ATL…NYY?

• ASitar

Tex/Balt on the DK 1:05 slate. Lucroy/Napoli/Schoop/Beltre/Andrus/Jones.

• Epicsic

Luis Castillo with no Staton today and decent strikeout rate and only 7k on DK . Sign me up !!

• raymond333

Damn you FD. Why the hell would they not have the TX/BAl game on the main, when it’s at 3? They only have it on the all day slate, which has less tournaments. So that game aside, maybe CLE and ATL? How you all feeling about McCullers for pitching?

• mnstone14

anyone on KC? Been so hot lately and Pom isnt immune to getting blown up.

• hcassidy

This Line up for the Cubs has to be a mistake. Look who they have listed batting 7th.

CONFIRMED LINEUP
    1 – Ben Zobrist (S) 2B/OF $4.3K
    2 – Jon Jay (L) OF $3.6K
    3 – Kris Bryant ® 3B $4.7K
    4 – Willson Contreras ® C $4.5K
    5 – Addison Russell ® SS $3.6K
    6 – Jason Heyward (L) OF $3.3K
    7 – Jake Arrieta ® SP $9.3K
    8 – Victor Caratini (S) C $3.8K
    9 – John Lackey ® SP $6.2K

Edit: Its now fixed Albert Almora Jr is batting 7th, rest of lineup stays the same.

• Coheedrodeo

lineup builder has no freeland, but gray and so does the projected lineups

• sharksbay

@raymond333 said...

I have a line built, but was coming on here for stack advice too. So you’re saying TX and BAL is that solid? Others agreeing with this too? I do have a few of those players in, but if you think that’s a hot stack, I may make some changes. Was running a small CLE stack too.

Also, what’s everyone’s thoughts on Mccullers today? He’s projected decent, but if there’s a cheaper decent pitcher, I’m interested (maybe Montgomery, Dickey, or Pom)?

Any input is appreciated. I was getting pics sent to me, but they started sucking, so I’ve been doing my own. Thing is, I can work a small slate pretty good, but when it’s a larger slate, I’m still trying to see which stack is best. I was thinking NYY too, but not sure on that either.

If you are going to rely on others telling you what to do then this will be a painful hobby.

• raymond333

No I’m not relying on others, just bouncing ideas off others. I like building my own lines and killed basketball, but admittedly am not great at baseball. But, I have put up as high as 216 building my own line. But I do better on smaller slates, so yea, I’m not here looking for a free ride, just like bouncing ideas off each other.

I co-owned a fantasy football board, and use to give advice to others, but more importantly bounced ideas off each other.

Imo, that’s what this forum is for. Not a free line, just bouncing ideas with others. That’s what I’m here for anyways.

• joemorris100

@raymond333 said...

On the podcast today they were speculating that McCullers is trying to play through an injury.

• Njsum1

Contrarian play of the day on DK….Carlos Rodon…he’s got a nice history against Cleveland and a decent pitchers umpire…he’s got plenty of k upside here as well as the ability to give you a negative 10.

I’ve got two lineups…one has Rodon as my SP2….the other has a Cleveland stack. Hopin he delivers either way…GL today

• raymond333

Cool thanks. So maybe fade him and play straily, Montgomery, or Pom? Or do you guys think he could be safe? (McCullers).

I have him in one line and Straily in my other.

• jayzee666

@Njsum1 said...

Contrarian play of the day on DK….Carlos Rodon…he’s got a nice history against Cleveland and a decent pitchers umpire…he’s got plenty of k upside here as well as the ability to give you a negative 10.

I’ve got two lineups…one has Rodon as my SP2….the other has a Cleveland stack. Hopin he delivers either way…GL today

I have Santana in my one LU. That should be good for 3 to 4 SO’s right there alone! You can thank me later!!

• marker0357

@hcassidy said...

This Line up for the Cubs has to be a mistake. Look who they have listed batting 7th.

CONFIRMED LINEUP
    1 – Ben Zobrist (S) 2B/OF $4.3K
    2 – Jon Jay (L) OF $3.6K
    3 – Kris Bryant ® 3B $4.7K
    4 – Willson Contreras ® C $4.5K
    5 – Addison Russell ® SS $3.6K
    6 – Jason Heyward (L) OF $3.3K
    7 – Jake Arrieta ® SP $9.3K
    8 – Victor Caratini (S) C $3.8K
    9 – John Lackey ® SP $6.2K

Edit: Its now fixed Albert Almora Jr is batting 7th, rest of lineup stays the same.

HAHA. Arrieta is a better hitter

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.