7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 114 ) at Cincinnati ( -123 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 116 ) at Texas ( -125 ) —- T: 11
    8:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -152 ) at Chi Sox ( 140 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -120 ) at St. Louis ( 111 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 0 ) at Colorado ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:07 PM EST : Detroit ( 229 ) at LA Angels ( -251 ) —- T: 10
    10:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Philly, Cubs and Tampa could all be sneaky.

No idea what to do with pitching. Noah seems like the best choice at the top, but he might be traded. I suppose we’d know before lock, so not a huge deal. If he’s not available, I’d probably take the discount with Beiber or Morton over Verlander.

Lopez is priced way up, and is a no go for me.

Once we start getting lower, the only 2 that interest me right now are Darvish and maybe Odorizzi. But Odorizzi seems to be way off, so I don’t know about that one.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

LAD take 2!

• ASitar

Pitching is tooouugghh today. I don’t like anyone cheap. Doing two LUs and both will have Mookie, Odor, and Bogaerts.

• monarch

@ASitar said...

Pitching is tooouugghh today. I don’t like anyone cheap. Doing two LUs and both will have Mookie, Odor, and Bogaerts.

Do you normally gravitate to BvP plays?

Targeting against Charlie Morton is really tough unless you have a lot of volume.

• monarch

There’s one pitcher standing out to me.

Justin Verlander has a 37 percent K rate vs LHB this season and the Indians may have seven of them tonight.

Ariel Jurado interests me for 5700 as well

• Moszman

Lamet????? That’s who in leaning towards right now.

• cjs5555

@monarch said...

There’s one pitcher standing out to me.

Justin Verlander has a 37 percent K rate vs LHB this season and the Indians may have seven of them tonight.

Ariel Jurado interests me for 5700 as well

Verlander 6.19 ERA vs. CLE over 9 starts from 2016-2018, Lindor and Ramirez have pretty decent BvP

Don’t think I can buy into Jurado at home where his ERA is over 5.

Haven’t done any real research but Smyly, Musgrove and maybe Montgomery look like interesting cheap options.

• monarch

It’s not the same Indians and JV has taken a major step up…as do all pitchers…after joining the Astros.

Edit: JV has not faced the Indians since joining the Astros.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Let me see if I could win more NFL Sunday Millions tickets tonight too. I won 12 of them last night on FanDuel doing the MLB thing. What helped was SDP last night. Came in 1st, 9th, and 27th

• cjs5555

@monarch said...

Edit: JV has not faced the Indians since joining the Astros.

he did face CLE in playoffs last year…5.1 IP, 2 ER, 7 K. you’re right, not the same CLE lineup, but that core of Lindor/Santana/Ramirez has had some success against him. Obviously JV is capable of a CGSO or 7 IP 12 K game whenever, he’s just always seemed to be hit or miss against CLE dating back to all those DET/CLE rivalry games. I imagine CLE will be extra focused playing against HOU, not sure JV will pay off tonight.

• guahanian05

can someone explain to me why justin upton kept on swinging down and out pitches? watched the laa game last night and it was brutal watching him getting striked out with bases loaded.

• cjs5555

@guahanian05 said...

can someone explain to me why justin upton kept on swinging down and out pitches? watched the laa game last night and it was brutal watching him getting striked out with bases loaded.

that and watching him hit 2 soft grounders off zimmermann… that dude practically begs you to hit fly balls. Upton looks awful right now.

• ASitar

@monarch said...

Do you normally gravitate to BvP plays?

Targeting against Charlie Morton is really tough unless you have a lot of volume.

Depends on how many ABs and if they were 2bs, 3bs, or HRs vs going 5-11 w 5 singles. I like to stack too so if a few guys have good enough BvP be a P I will stack the 2-3 guys. Where BvP holds the most weight w me is catcher. Toughest position every night so if a guy has good history be a pitcher I’ll take him. Seems like sometimes managers use a particular catcher because of his success in a situation as well and BvP can identify that for me. It’s not tried and true (BvP) but it DOES count for something. Look at Bellinger last night. Maybe there’s a $2,800 guy on DK and he’s 8-20 w 2 HRs vs that particular P. I gravitate to plays like that. I look at BvP, listen to the free Awesomo podcasts for their insight (detail wOBA, stats, recent performance, etc), read a few articles and come to my own conclusion of how I want my LUs to look.

• monarch

Gotcha…torn on JV myself. It is going to be hard for me to pass up on all those LHB.

When I look at that projected LU I see seven guys that JV has been striking out at a 36 percent clip this season. Now I agree that those are decent hitters and his K rate regresses some here but a lot will depend on the ump and weather.

But this is what I see.

1. 36 percent K rate
    2. Oscar Mercado
    3. 36 percent K rate
    4. 36 percent K rate
    5. 36 percent K rate
    6. 36 percent K rate
    7. 36 percent K rate
    8. Roberto Perez
    9. 36 percent K rate

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Musgrove price is ridiculous and Canning has a great matchup in a good pitching park
    Here two cheap pitching options I can get on board with

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@cjs5555 said...

Haven’t done any real research but Smyly, Musgrove and maybe Montgomery look like interesting cheap options.

Yeah, Smyly was really good down in AAA. Then came back and shut down the Pirates, but apparently they can’t hit lefties at all. Really hard to get a read on if he’s really improved or if it’s circumstantial. One thing is he threw his fastball much less and a cutter way more in his first start back in the bigs. It could be as simple as that. Definitely intriguing either way. Giants have the big park upgrade, but not the bats to fear.

I think Reds have too many lefties for Musgrove, but geez he is cheap.

Montgomery is in a good run suppression spot, but no upside and a low pitch count.

Canning and Wainright don’t look too bad in that mid-tier. Really not sure how to view Lopez. I suppose he has to be in consideration.

• MrPerfekt7

Thor chalk day???

Thoughts on SEA/TEX mini game stack

Pitchers so far,
    Musgrove
    YU
    Canning
    Price

Stacks im looking at:
    Toronto
    SF
    Sea/Tex – game stack
    NYY

• Pandamonious

Diamondbacks have had to do a lot of traveling, but they just crush lefties and Happ is washed. If they can beat around Smith a bit in Miami they can certainly rock around Happ in Yankee Stadium. Their projected total is too low. That’ll keep ownership down, plus the size of the slate. I’ll be loading up. Ahmed redemption night.

• realphipps

Wainwright is such a different (better) pitcher at home according to my own eyes.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Diamondbacks have had to do a lot of traveling, but they just crush lefties and Happ is washed. If they can beat around Smith a bit in Miami they can certainly rock around Happ in Yankee Stadium. Their projected total is too low. That’ll keep ownership down, plus the size of the slate. I’ll be loading up. Ahmed redemption night.

Ahmed, Wilmer Flores are super cheap.

What’s your take on Jordy Mercer as a DET guy? Can he do it again at 2500?

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Ahmed, Wilmer Flores are super cheap.

What’s your take on Jordy Mercer as a DET guy? Can he do it again at 2500?

Mercer is hitting the ball really well. He’s always been solid against lefties and more of a liability against righties. I’m going to guess that with the size of the slate, assuming he’s still batting 9th, their will be better cheap options. Nothing would surprise me though. Canning does have some reverse splits or at least equally beatable from both sides.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Mercer is hitting the ball really well. He’s always been solid against lefties and more of a liability against righties. I’m going to guess that with the size of the slate, assuming he’s still batting 9th, their will be better cheap options. Nothing would surprise me though. Canning does have some reverse splits or at least equally beatable from both sides.

Yes…Canning 47 percent FB rate to RHB but he throws a ton of sliders and Mercer can’t hit them. Still, I might need to go there.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Went 100% M. Kelly last night (actually still won a few bucks with a 5th in the 888) and I’ll most likely be going back to the well with odorizzi at 7300 on FD. That’s way too cheap.
    Liking a brewers stack that could be underowned.

• athairuammit11

S/O to Panda for talking me off Kelly yesterday… Whats better Bieber/Musgrove or Canning/Lopez GPP?

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I think Reds have too many lefties for Musgrove, but geez he is cheap

The sample size is obviously small, yet Musgrove has a decent history versus the Reds’ lefties. Also, the umpire is slightly pitcher friendly, so there’s no concern about a hitters ump. Not a super friendly pitchers ump, yet Vanover has a pitchers lean.

I don’t expect Musgrove to get through this game clean, he likely won’t even throw a QS, yet 6IP 4 Ers 7 hits/walks 6k’s and no win is my average expectation. Which is about 11dk. Yet throw a win in there, maybe 1 less ER and 1 more K and it’s 20dk. Not bad for 5100.

Downside, like any pitcher is a negative score, yet he should K enough guys not to hang a negative. Should 🤷‍♂️

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).