7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -217 ) at Baltimore ( 197 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:07 PM EST : Cleveland ( 103 ) at Minnesota ( -111 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:07 PM EST : Boston ( 131 ) at NY Mets ( -143 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 130 ) at Atlanta ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -127 ) at Detroit ( 117 ) —- T: 10
    9:40 PM EST : Seattle ( 172 ) at LA Angels ( -189 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -151 ) at Arizona ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( -175 ) at SF Giants ( 160 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• stellagirl

The narrative that Boston is a horrible offensive team is probably based more on a few expensive bats letting people down, versus reality.

They are the 9th best scoring offense so far this young season (5.33 runs per game). That is better than the Dodgers, Yankees, Mets…. they have the most hits of any team in baseball, the most doubles, the #1 batting average, top 5 in SLG and OPS……

They are not the elite lineup they once were, but they are not terrible, either.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

I do think you’re slightly underrating the O’s offense though, especially against Happ who was verging on gas can status last year.

Not sure if I’ll get there in my single LU but I’ll second this. I’d stack the O’s before I played Happ.

• squidkill

Boston is NOT a horrible offense by any meant- When you have JD, Devers and Xander in the middle, that’s def not horrible- Now their pitching staff is a gas can

• sneaksox

The O’s have been decent against lefties going back to the end of last season. Trey being out is a big hit to their RH power but Hays, Santander, Alberto, Severino, Nunez are not a bad stack against a possibly(?) popular Happ.

• feezyg

@Pandamonious said...

Thanks for the cliff notes Feezy.

Just laying it out more specific, but ultimately agree with what you’re saying.

I do think you’re slightly underrating the O’s offense though, especially against Happ who was verging on gas can status last year.

I’m not they’re horrible. There is no weak bullpen to pick on (Britton Revenge), and they wont get many off Happ. Not because he’s good, they’re just that bad….as far as Ms As I would just pick a pitcher and call it a day…

• feezyg

@stellagirl said...

The narrative that Boston is a horrible offensive team is probably based more on a few expensive bats letting people down, versus reality.

They are the 9th best scoring offense so far this young season (5.33 runs per game). That is better than the Dodgers, Yankees, Mets…. they have the most hits of any team in baseball, the most doubles, the #1 batting average, top 5 in SLG and OPS……

They are not the elite lineup they once were, but they are not terrible, either.

All I heard was: They play in BOS where a million runs will be scored regardless. They’re pitching is a joke and I didnt say the hitting was bad, I respect Pillar Vasquez those kinda guys but they cant all come thru at the same time. I mean seriously I really think Pillar is the best hitter on their lineup….

• feezyg

@mr_papageorgio said...

Not sure if I’ll get there in my single LU but I’ll second this. I’d stack the O’s before I played Happ.

If you do stack the Os it will based strictly on game theory and wouldnt have much at all to do with actual baseball….

Heavy Singer/Lamet.. and say Twin bombs Biebs!!!

• squidkill

“ I mean seriously I really think Pillar is the best hitter on their lineup….”

Ok, the wheels have fell off- You are now trolling- have a solid day man

• mattspot10

@866 said...

Heavy Singer/Lamet.. and say Twin bombs Biebs!!!

This is where my SE pitching is tonight.

• mbunner23

@feezyg said...

All I heard was: They play in BOS where a million runs will be scored regardless. They’re pitching is a joke and I didnt say the hitting was bad, I respect Pillar Vasquez those kinda guys but they cant all come thru at the same time. I mean seriously I really think Pillar is the best hitter on their lineup….

That’s BOLD.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Saying Pillar is Bostons best hitter is like saying Covington is the best player in the NBA.

Like, Pillar is a legit good hitter, with good plate skills. He doesn’t mash like a JD though. He’s not going to hit 50 HR’s, but he’s got some pop, he’s going to make contact and put the ball in play. He’s not going to strike out. Yet, you’re not going to hit him 3rd or 4th and have him be your centerpiece.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

I keep going back and forth between MLB and NBA and getting backed up on both. Going to make these last 2 quick, but want to get them in since I’ve got this far:

LAD @ ARI

Neutral park
    Dome Closed

Robbie Ray, gets a lot of K’s, gives up a lot of hard contact, and tends to have a fair share of control issues.

I’ll put this simple, as someone who makes many line ups every slate, I always do 2 things, when Ray pitches. I play Ray, and I hedge with stacks against Ray. You never know what you’re going to get.

One thing I know is, Ray has 98 K’s in 228 plate appearances against this roster, and it’s not just against the bottom guys.

I don’t really trust this D-Backs offense. Stripling was great in his first start, albeit against the Giants, and had a nice leash going 7 innings. I’m definitely much more interested in him than the D-Backs.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

SDP @ SFG

Pitcher park
    Pitcher weather
    Definitely hitter ump

Lamet is a talented young arm, who gets a good amount of K’s, but does give up some hard contact to both sides of the plate, and not many ground balls. The question is can SF make contact?

This is oddly similar to last night. Great pitcher park and weather with a hitter friendly ump, with Paddack a, semi-K reliant righty on the mound. Last night I had interest in Yaz and Dickerson, and they came though. In fact a 5 man Giants stack won someone a 100K on DK.

I don’t expect history to repeat itself, but it wouldn’t surprise if the Giants had some success. They don’t K a lot, despite being considered a weak offense, which neutralizes some of Lamet’s effectiveness. One thing to keep an eye on too, is Belt and Longoria are potentially back tonight to add a couple decent bats to the line up. This could be a decent contrarian stack, especially if Lamet will be chalky.

Gausman is at this point an average at best RHP, who use to be more reverse splits, but last year was fairly neutral and gave up more power to LHB’s. Giants are also lacking a solid pen, so I definitely have interest in the Padres. Any of their expected top 6 or 7 will do. Grisham is especially cheap for his skills.

• madmanjayWV

@squidkill said...

I love that they have that $5 3-max entry on DK but why so little??? $4,000 prize pool? Did a miss a bigger one that already filled??

Go see the ask DK a ? thread and look for their answer to my ? and you’ll have the answer.

ALL THE BUNDY baby!

• feezyg

@Pandamonious said...

Saying Pillar is Bostons best hitter is like saying Covington is the best player in the NBA.

Like, Pillar is a legit good hitter, with good plate skills. He doesn’t mash like a JD though. He’s not going to hit 50 HR’s, but he’s got some pop, he’s going to make contact and put the ball in play. He’s not going to strike out. Yet, you’re not going to hit him 3rd or 4th and have him be your centerpiece.

You just named alot of things your 1-4 hitters arent doing…

• feezyg

@Pandamonious said...

I keep going back and forth between MLB and NBA and getting backed up on both. Going to make these last 2 quick, but want to get them in since I’ve got this far:

LAD @ ARI

Neutral park
    Dome Closed

Robbie Ray, gets a lot of K’s, gives up a lot of hard contact, and tends to have a fair share of control issues.

I’ll put this simple, as someone who makes many line ups every slate, I always do 2 things, when Ray pitches. I play Ray, and I hedge with stacks against Ray. You never know what you’re going to get.

One thing I know is, Ray has 98 K’s in 228 plate appearances against this roster, and it’s not just against the bottom guys.

I don’t really trust this D-Backs offense. Stripling was great in his first start, albeit against the Giants, and had a nice leash going 7 innings. I’m definitely much more interested in him than the D-Backs.

Stack this game every which way but loose. I fully expect both pitchers to be brought down a notch here. Sure Robbie could K 7 but he’ll give up 5 in the process. I dont trust Stripling enough to recommend him against all these switch hitters, just stack.

• feezyg

@Pandamonious said...

SDP @ SFG

Pitcher park
    Pitcher weather
    Definitely hitter ump

Lamet is a talented young arm, who gets a good amount of K’s, but does give up some hard contact to both sides of the plate, and not many ground balls. The question is can SF make contact?

This is oddly similar to last night. Great pitcher park and weather with a hitter friendly ump, with Paddack a, semi-K reliant righty on the mound. Last night I had interest in Yaz and Dickerson, and they came though. In fact a 5 man Giants stack won someone a 100K on DK.

I don’t expect history to repeat itself, but it wouldn’t surprise if the Giants had some success. They don’t K a lot, despite being considered a weak offense, which neutralizes some of Lamet’s effectiveness. One thing to keep an eye on too, is Belt and Longoria are potentially back tonight to add a couple decent bats to the line up. This could be a decent contrarian stack, especially if Lamet will be chalky.

Gausman is at this point an average at best RHP, who use to be more reverse splits, but last year was fairly neutral and gave up more power to LHB’s. Giants are also lacking a solid pen, so I definitely have interest in the Padres. Any of their expected top 6 or 7 will do. Grisham is especially cheap for his skills.

I would say Lamet and end it there…

• yisman

Blue Jays/Phillies series postponed…

• MoccasinMusic

Looking like rain in Baltimore

• mr_papageorgio

@MoccasinMusic said...

Looking like rain in Baltimore

I’d be fine with that since I really don’t want to deal with 30% owned Yankees.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

He was still the same old Bundy under the surface.

Sorry couldn’t resist. Thanks for write-ups!
    ~

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

Or with rain concerns, 20% owned Yanks? Could be good?

• frugal

@mr_papageorgio said...

Due to recency bias (i guess), I had DJ at a crazy 6.3% ownership on Yahoo last night. Won’t see that again.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Or with rain concerns, 20% owned Yanks? Could be good?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).