7:05 PM EST : SF Giants ( 115 ) at Philadelphia ( -124 ) —- T: 10
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -178 ) at Miami ( 164 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( -140 ) at Cleveland ( 129 ) —- T: 10
    8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -161 ) at Chi Sox ( 149 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -107 ) at St. Louis ( -101 ) —- T: 8
    10:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 118 ) at Oakland ( -128 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Fun little 4 game early slate.

Looking at the overall pricing on FD, and the highest priced players are 4200. No reason not to take one of Castillo or Greinke. Leaning towards Greinke just because of how well he’s played against the Yanks and how bad they are hitting right now. But you could definitely make an argument for Castillo as well.

Also looks like there might be some weather to keep an eye on, but I think all 4 games play out.

• BigPod

Anyone else not been paid by dk from early slate yesterday? Mine still shows live, but I have been paid monies and tickets from the late slate last night. Weird

• miamimike

Yes I haven’t been paid from main slate. Was paid for wnba though.

• CJtheGrump

According to ESPN’s Park Factors table for 2019, guess which stadium is dead last in terms of runs scored and near the bottom in terms of home runs…

I wonder why that is, but I did not expect it.

• miamimike

I would guess marlins or seattle.

• miamimike

Oh sorry, you said 2019. Miami or Detroit ???

• miamimike

Ah, Yankees and orioles. Yeah, crazy.

• CJtheGrump

Yankees.

It really shocked me. I’m still not exactly sure how they come up with the numbers but their park factor for runs is 0.738 (30/30) and 0.828 for Home Runs (23/30).

• miamimike

Not orioles, oracle stadium. But Yankees is crazy stat.

• miamimike

Yeah they have been under performing a lot lately in good spots. And stanton being out hurts.

• CJtheGrump

@CJtheGrump said...

Yankees.

It really shocked me. I’m still not exactly sure how they come up with the numbers but their park factor for runs is 0.738 (30/30) and 0.828 for Home Runs (23/30).

There’s a formula at the bottom of the table (duh- silly me).

Looks like just the home team’s performance is factored in, which would mean the Yankees tend to score more runs on the road than they do at home.

But Yankee Stadium tends to be considered a very hitter-friendly venue.

• CJtheGrump

@CJtheGrump said...

There’s a formula at the bottom of the table (duh- silly me).

Looks like just the home team’s performance is factored in, which would mean the Yankees tend to score more runs on the road than they do at home.

But Yankee Stadium tends to be considered a very hitter-friendly venue.

OK. This has taken me longer than it should, but it is a measure of total runs at a stadium.

So I guess the reason you’d see lower numbers for the Yankees might be a function of their pitching. I do know their bullpen is considered very strong.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@miamimike said...

Yes I haven’t been paid from main slate. Was paid for wnba though.

WNBA?! But whyyyyy?

• miamimike

@sleazy. Don’t know why. Maybe email them.

• miamimike

I emailed them. Am awaiting a response.

• jsteele1020

DK said on Twitter they were waiting for a box score provider to send the stats, then they will pay. It shouldn’t be long. I won $300, my best win yet and of course it’s delayed lol

• jsteele1020

oh and Go Dolphins, such as they are!

• miamimike

Yeah I have been suffering a lot of years since Marino retired. We will see. They just fired their ol coach.

• jsteele1020

Money just went in

• lovpink

Wash weather playing 3 Braves

• BigRay

so I am going to play the Pit/Cin showdown…think I should stay away from pitchers or maybe go long relief?

• lovpink

@BigRay said...

so I am going to play the Pit/Cin showdown…think I should stay away from pitchers or maybe go long relief?

Castillo is a large Favorite the pirates have the lowest implied total on the early slate.The reds have the Highest total and al lot of cheap bats.I’d lock him in in cash games for sure as captain.

• 7klub06

Thoughts on Pitchers for the early slate?

Greinke, Tanaka, Castillo are the only ones that worth looking at

• superjon

@7klub06 said...

Thoughts on Pitchers for the early slate?

Greinke, Tanaka, Castillo are the only ones that worth looking at

4 with Greinke – 2 have Pirates stacks, 1 has no Pirates and the other just has Marte

2 with Castillo – Both have Yankees stacks

• 7klub06

@superjon said...

4 with Greinke – 2 have Pirates stacks, 1 has no Pirates and the other just has Marte

2 with Castillo – Both have Yankees stacks

Yea i was looking at Marte numbers off of Castillo. love it.

Are you paying down at SP2?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler