8:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 109 ) at Texas ( -118 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 111 ) at Houston ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( 119 ) at Kansas City ( -129 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 156 ) at Colorado ( -170 ) —- T: 12
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 118 ) at LA Dodgers ( -128 ) —- T: 7
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -117 ) at Minnesota ( 108 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 160 ) at Seattle ( -174 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 176 ) at SF Giants ( -192 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• deanabbott

@dakimbell said...

I would think so, unless they rule it a fielders choice. Like if he stopped midway in between 1st and 2nd.

It is registered as a SB but not getting credit for points. I would think it should show up.

• lastcallcasualty

@depstein1985 said...

Any reason I didn’t get credit for that Pujols SB on FD? Will end up making a huge difference.

It really wouldn’t make a difference being that everyone else has him too.

• bigsmoot2

@Vanco said...

Filled early

Cash pitchers today are tricky, Hill, Pomeranz, D Duffy, Bauer, although Hill and Pomeranz have gotten rather pricey.

• tristanwolf

im leary of hammell. hasn’t been good last few starts, wont give you more than 3-4ks most likely. possible rain delays.

thoughts on verlander? don’t like the toronto matchup, but $8700 on FD with 50 pt upside if he is on is kind of tough to fade completely…?

• Olhausen

@Brandon23 said...

I have heard that as well, but the stats don’t back it up. They are dead last against right handed pitching with a wRC+ of 73. Only slightly better than their 67 wRC+ against lefties (second to last to the phillies). I understand that Freeman hits righties better, but not sure that’s true for the whole team.

They are 2nd in strike outs vs lefties and 27th in batting average with 11 HR.
    Vs righties they are 28 in batting average and 27th in strike outs or 4th best meaning they don’t strike out vs righties much at all. They do have 34 hr vs righties but that’s good for dead last in all of baseball.
    I honestly never take a right handed pitcher vs the braves no matter how good they are because they almost never hit value. I will take almost any left handed pitcher vs the braves do to thier high strike out rate and low average and power numbers.

• kirby34

That SD/LAD line makes no sense to me. How are the Padres only projected to score 3.2 runs against a lefty making his first start of the season?

• dakimbell

@tristanwolf said...

im leary of hammell. hasn’t been good last few starts, wont give you more than 3-4ks most likely. possible rain delays.

thoughts on verlander? don’t like the toronto matchup, but $8700 on FD with 50 pt upside if he is on is kind of tough to fade completely…?

If I made 100 GPP lineups tonight, Hammell wouldn’t be on 1 of them. He has very limited upside, has been pitching terrible, scored 9 DK points against the Braves last time out. He doesn’t strike out anyone, only 3 times this season has he had more than 5 k’s in a start. I’ll take Fister all day $800 cheaper than Hammells.

• strassnerte

@ericgeo18 said...

I haven’t seen/read anyone talking about the Padres tonight, against a lefty, who hasn’t pitched in the majors in a couple of years, and struggled in his minor league starts before being called up. I see that their projected run total is low, but are people missing something by not looking to the Padres tonight? I feel like they are a nice overlooked opportunity. Am I missing something?

Don’t like them as a stack, but I could see myself playing Kemp or Solarte. I just don’t like playing hitters in that ballpark.

• strassnerte

@lastcallcasualty said...

It really wouldn’t make a difference being that everyone else has him too.

Not in my $500 heads up. Other guy has Cron.

• kdub

When you guys build a gpp lineup how do you construct it? 4×4? a few mini stacks? and how do make sure you dont have a very chalky lineup… I thought I had a decent handle on it but i was wrong lol

• ms1monsays

@dakimbell said...

If I made 100 GPP lineups tonight, Hammell wouldn’t be on 1 of them. He has very limited upside, has been pitching terrible, scored 9 DK points against the Braves last time out. He doesn’t strike out anyone, only 3 times this season has he had more than 5 k’s in a start. I’ll take Fister all day $800 cheaper than Hammells.

What are your thoughts on JV & Duffy? Those are the 2 I am most interested in or are you just rolling w/ Fister?

• Brandon23

@Olhausen said...

They are 2nd in strike outs vs lefties and 27th in batting average with 11 HR.
    Vs righties they are 28 in batting average and 27th in strike outs or 4th best meaning they don’t strike out vs righties much at all. They do have 34 hr vs righties but that’s good for dead last in all of baseball.
    I honestly never take a right handed pitcher vs the braves no matter how good they are because they almost never hit value. I will take almost any left handed pitcher vs the braves do to thier high strike out rate and low average and power numbers.

I just like to pry since you are a pretty successful player, so I like to dig into your mind a little. They’ve got a .111 ISO vs righties compared to .09 ISO vs lefties, a homer about every .017 AB vs righties compared to .011 AB vs lefties, and a K% that is 21st in baseball vs righties and 17th vs lefties. Those numbers just don’t seem like they would indicate that a pitcher almost never hits value vs righties, but any lefty is usable.

I prefer to look at K% and HR/AB because the numbers you supplied don’t take into account the number of lefties they have faced compared to righties.

Again, I’m not saying Hammel is a safe play at all, but I don’t think that the Braves “hitting righties” is a viable reason to lay off of him.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Holiday is my nightmare from a dfs standpoint. Never have I gotten a damn thing from him.

• dakimbell

@kdub said...

When you guys build a gpp lineup how do you construct it? 4×4? a few mini stacks? and how do make sure you dont have a very chalky lineup… I thought I had a decent handle on it but i was wrong lol

Totally depends on the slate. Tonight Coors Field is obvious chalk, with 2 Mickey Mouse pitchers on the hill. Texas and Minnesota will be popular. A good semi-contrarian stack tonight would be Cleveland against Nova.

• bigsmoot2

Think I am leaning on Bauer and Duffy in cash, Pom and Hill are expensive, Duffy and Bauer are also both decently favored. Thoughts?

• BennyRamirez

@Rollin_Nolan said...

This might be a weird question, but here it goes. Which outcome do you guys think is more likely to happen? Giolito pitches a quality start and a great game or Ryan Raburn hits a homerun and/or has a multi-hit game? Thoughts anyone?

No matter how short the Rockies bench, the concern with Raburn is always getting yanked early. If the Rockies bash Morgan, he just exits earlier and Raburn goes with him so often. Price is very reasonable, though; it reflects no more than three PAs, kind of like Franklin Gutierrez these days (who is also facing a lefty). The Dusty Effect of riding SPs when they are “hot” gives Giolitio a great shot at his ceiling, though, so his quality start has to have a higher likelihood, regardless of tonight’s results. I don’t really understand this as an either/or scenario, though. Starting Giolito doesn’t mean your Raburn spot is where you spend up.

Someone earlier asked about Cruz or Sano. The M’s lefties are great leverage plays. Duffy should have high ownership with Coors and no elite ace on the slate.

As for the Astros prices (namely, Correa at $2900 and Springer at $3100), but Dodgers priced normally, is that FD’s way of initially projecting Hill as the chalk?

• IronMonkey415

Tonight I am stacking to see how it goes.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

I hate st Louis. How does the 3 and 4 hitters not get that run in.

• dakimbell

@ms1monsays said...

What are your thoughts on JV & Duffy? Those are the 2 I am most interested in or are you just rolling w/ Fister?

I will have Fister locked in as my SP2, and then have most of my SP1 exposure spread out between Bauer and Duffey. Baeur has been in great form and has pitched very well versus the Yankees in the past.

• kdub

@dakimbell said...

Totally depends on the slate. Tonight Coors Field is obvious chalk, with 2 Mickey Mouse pitchers on the hill. Texas and Minnesota will be popular. A good semi-contrarian stack tonight would be Cleveland against Nova.

How do you determine what kind of LU construction every slate requires?

• dakimbell

@kdub said...

That part I guess I have just developed a system of sort. I like to find the team that realistically has a reasonable shot at being the highest total of the night, but who will be overlooked due to more obvious options. Also, helps if said team has been hot recently. Then maybe try and go with a couple 2X2’s elsewhere that are in good spots.

• lastcallcasualty

Worst player to pick in fantasy baseball? Andrew McCutchen!! Terrible….

• lastcallcasualty

@kdub said...

Contrarian stack with Cleveland against Nova? Nova is terrible.

• IronMonkey415

Let me guess that SOB still have a zero?

I have him as well but stop checking fanduel and gave up on the early slate.

• lastcallcasualty

@IronMonkey415 said...

Let me guess that SOB still have a zero?

I have him as well but stop checking fanduel and gave up on the early slate.

You referring to McSuckin McCutchin? Yea. Fat goose egg. Just hit a week 1,000 hopper dribbler and struck out twice so far. BUM.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler