8:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 109 ) at Texas ( -118 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 111 ) at Houston ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( 119 ) at Kansas City ( -129 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 156 ) at Colorado ( -170 ) —- T: 12
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 118 ) at LA Dodgers ( -128 ) —- T: 7
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -117 ) at Minnesota ( 108 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 160 ) at Seattle ( -174 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 176 ) at SF Giants ( -192 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kdub

@dakimbell said...

That part I guess I have just developed a system of sort. I like to find the team that realistically has a reasonable shot at being the highest total of the night, but who will be overlooked due to more obvious options. Also, helps if said team has been hot recently. Then maybe try and go with a couple 2X2’s elsewhere that are in good spots.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

• m203

chicago guys worth playing with this weather?

• dakimbell

@kdub said...

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

You bet!

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Time for holiday suck ass again with runner on 3rd

• NESBears120

I have now come off of my earlier atl/chc idea and am now wanting to go with a bunch of 2×2 from each popular stack.. any advice from anybody on this kind of strategy

• dakimbell

Why hasn’t DK updated Piscotty HR???

• lastcallcasualty

@NESBears120 said...

I have now come off of my earlier atl/chc idea and am now wanting to go with a bunch of 2×2 from each popular stack.. any advice from anybody on this kind of strategy

What do you mean by 2X2? 2 spots from each teaM?

• smutpeddlers

@kirby34 said...

That SD/LAD line makes no sense to me. How are the Padres only projected to score 3.2 runs against a lefty making his first start of the season?

I’m guessing the marine layer?

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@dakimbell said...

Why hasn’t DK updated Piscotty HR???

Was it a hr?

• dakimbell

@slpanthers24 said...

Wasn’t a hr

sure was. according to owner’s box and ESPN?

• joe1610

@kirby34 said...

That SD/LAD line makes no sense to me. How are the Padres only projected to score 3.2 runs against a lefty making his first start of the season?

Lefty being the optimum word here.

121 Runs in 56 Games v. lefties – do the math.

• dgballer

@slpanthers24 said...

Was it a hr?

According to yahoo sports it was. Maybe the server is slow

• joe1610

@slpanthers24 said...

Was it a hr?

Nothing has been updated for a while – still showing Wainy with 6K’s (he has 9 so far)

• Razzle11

@joe1610 said...

That is a misleading stat…that just means they have faced a L in 56 games. They definitely havent faced a LH starter 56 times this season

• joe1610

@joe1610 said...

Nothing has been updated for a while – still showing Wainy with 6K’s (he has 9 so far)

Spoke too soon – just updated :-P

• achubs

Ketel Marte leading off for the Mariners-Is he worth the gamble?

• NESBears120

@lastcallcasualty said...

What do you mean by 2X2? 2 spots from each teaM?

Yeah 2 hitters per team

• Brandon23

@joe1610 said...

The Padres are 6th in wRC+ and wOBA against lefties this year. There is no way that this is a good statistic.

• joe1610

“The Padres are 6th in wRC+ and wOBA against lefties this year”

LMFAO

• Razzle11

SD has scored the 5th most Runs on the season vs LHP while having just the 17th most AB’s against LHP…….6th best OPS vs LHP on the season as well

• Brandon23

@joe1610 said...

“The Padres are 6th in wRC+ and wOBA against lefties this year”

LMFAO

7th in slugging, 6th in OPS, 10th in ISO.. Want me to keep going?

• smutpeddlers

Marine Layer?

• joe1610

@Brandon23 said...

7th in slugging, 6th in OPS, 10th in ISO.. Want me to keep going?

When you stop spewing stats and get your rankings up then maybe I might – I might actually take you seriously. Until then just keep playing the .25c tournaments.

• Olhausen

@Brandon23 said...

I just like to pry since you are a pretty successful player, so I like to dig into your mind a little. They’ve got a .111 ISO vs righties compared to .09 ISO vs lefties, a homer about every .017 AB vs righties compared to .011 AB vs lefties, and a K% that is 21st in baseball vs righties and 17th vs lefties. Those numbers just don’t seem like they would indicate that a pitcher almost never hits value vs righties, but any lefty is usable.

I prefer to look at K% and HR/AB because the numbers you supplied don’t take into account the number of lefties they have faced compared to righties.

Again, I’m not saying Hammel is a safe play at all, but I don’t think that the Braves “hitting righties” is a viable reason to lay off of him.

Basically the braves don’t strike out vs righties so I don’t like using right handers vs them. You need strikeouts to get big points from your pitchers in dfs and that’s basically why I don’t want Hammel tonight. He’s also struggling which makes matters worse. As for studs say if schurzer or Fernandez is pitching vs the braves. I’ll give them a look and if all the other options are crap then yes I’ll use them against the braves that day. But if I see a lesser pitcher that day in a better spot then I would pass on the studs vs the braves because as I said before most right handed pitchers don’t meet value when they pitch vs the braves. The braves are like a fly that you can’t seem to kill. They have long at bats by fouling off a lot of pitches and they just don’t strike out vs righties. The St. Louis cardinals are actually also a team I like lefties against. They scare most people from using pitchers against them but if a solid leftie is on the mound you should use him vs the cardinals because they are not the same team vs lefties. Splits are a huge factor in fantasy baseball and if used properly can give you a big edge.

• Razzle11

@joe1610 said...

When you stop spewing stats and get your rankings up then maybe I might – I might actually take you seriously. Until then just keep playing the .25c tournaments.

what about my posts stating the same thing that his have?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler