8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 142 ) at Texas ( -154 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( -118 ) at Minnesota ( 109 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:15 PM EST : NY Mets ( 106 ) at St. Louis ( -115 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 144 ) at Colorado ( -156 ) —- T: 12.5
    9:40 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 170 ) at Arizona ( -185 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 191 ) at LA Dodgers ( -209 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 141 ) at Seattle ( -153 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Miami ( -109 ) at SF Giants ( 101 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted.

• Semaj89

Lots of pitching tonight. Ownership shouldn’t be an issue I’m just taking the best play.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Holy shit… When is Max finally priced too high? I’m really thinking today is that day. 13.2K no thanks. I know they are playing the Braves but still. I’m sure I’ll eat my words but that’s just too high for me.

• BUFUu2

Who is all doing the early slate. I went against the cubs yesterday and took 14th in the 4 dollar seamer. Today I think most ppl will be going towards Pits. Pit just dont have the lefties bats and normally suck against them. What you guys think about cubs bats and butler with some mcchutchen.

• jdogg7811

@BUFUu2 said...

Who is all doing the early slate. I went against the cubs yesterday and took 14th in the 4 dollar seamer. Today I think most ppl will be going towards Pits. Pit just dont have the lefties bats and normally suck against them. What you guys think about cubs bats and butler with some mcchutchen.

Im splitting the few I have in between Butler and Pivetta. Stacking CHI and the top 4 of Phi mixed in here and there with a few Cutch and Harrison.

• BUFUu2

@jdogg7811 said...

Im splitting the few I have in between Butler and Pivetta. Stacking CHI and the top 4 of Phi mixed in here and there with a few Cutch and Harrison.

i agree there man.. Pitching sucks today in the early slate prolly low scoring total will win today..

• richierich

@BUFUu2 said...

The interesting part of the early slate, with the horrible pitching and 3 of the 4 lineups being in the bottom half of the league. Is that the salary cap literally does not come into play. None of the lineups I was tinkering with ran into the cap. Even if I had Bryant in there and everything. One lineup I like, actually had 1k leftover. Which I’ve never seen.

I think it’s just a small GPP slate. I think I see what may be a bit of a contrarian angle with some Phillies right-handed bats. Richard gets lit up by righties. Making Altther, Franco and Galvis appealing. I think the Cubs will be chalk, especially Bryant at 3B. A pivot to Franco could potentially pay big dividends. It also could ruin you, but I’m not investing much into the slate. So, I won’t get too hung up over it. Rizzo will likely be the highest owned player on the slate, but I don’t know if I want to go away from him. Bell or Myers are options, I guess.

Wind blowing in at Wrigley today, with a chance of rain. Something to take into account.

• richierich

Anybody on FanDuel look at the Mixup pricing tonight? What gives with Scherzer being priced so low… that has to be a mistake? Same with some of the best bats on the slate. Arenado… etc… I don’t get it.

• richierich

Ah… nevermind. Just looked at this week’s Mixup theme. Weird.

Theme Details
    The All-Star Game is right around the corner, and we’re celebrating with a very special Mixup theme. This week, 2017 All-Star pitchers are $10,000 and All-Star hitters are $5,000.

• BUFUu2

@richierich said...

The interesting part of the early slate, with the horrible pitching and 3 of the 4 lineups being in the bottom half of the league. Is that the salary cap literally does not come into play. None of the lineups I was tinkering with ran into the cap. Even if I had Bryant in there and everything. One lineup I like, actually had 1k leftover. Which I’ve never seen.

I think it’s just a small GPP slate. I think I see what may be a bit of a contrarian angle with some Phillies right-handed bats. Richard gets lit up by righties. Making Altther, Franco and Galvis appealing. I think the Cubs will be chalk, especially Bryant at 3B. A pivot to Franco could potentially pay big dividends. It also could ruin you, but I’m not investing much into the slate. So, I won’t get too hung up over it. Rizzo will likely be the highest owned player on the slate, but I don’t know if I want to go away from him. Bell or Myers are options, I guess.

Wind blowing in at Wrigley today, with a chance of rain. Something to take into account.

I live right in the middle of stl and chicago. that rain hit us this morning at 430 and headed straight to chicago. chicago will be hit with it around 10-11 central time. It lasted for 2 hours started off really windy and rainy and then the last hour a steady rain cleared up hot humid and no wind at all if that helps at all

• KindGuy

Something tells me the new look Braves will rock Scherzer.

Also, does anyone here know how to get the lineup builder to spit out 5/3 stacks exclusively? I can only get it to spit out 4/4 and 3/3 stacks.

• renegade68

Love using Maeda for salary relief tonight…..and stacking Indians and O’s. Good luck all.

• KindGuy

@renegade68 said...

Love using Maeda for salary relief tonight…..and stacking Indians and O’s. Good luck all.

I don’t what happened but the Royals are all of a sudden an offensive juggernaut. I haven’t seen any noticeable personnel changes but they’re smashing lately.

• richierich

A lot of options to pivot off of Scherzer. Also, a big slate and a lot of value options to fit in. Allowing you to play Scherzer without giving too much away in bats. Should be a fun one

• ehylton

@elementasrat said...

Something tells me the new look Braves will rock Scherzer.

Also, does anyone here know how to get the lineup builder to spit out 5/3 stacks exclusively? I can only get it to spit out 4/4 and 3/3 stacks.

Max had two prior meetings this year vs ATL away 52 & 24 FD points. So long story short for 12,400 I rather go for mid tier pitcher. Degrom and Carrasco also had prior meets that are not too appealing for me. I’m looking at Martinez for the high tier, and Straily, Maeda, & Morton for mid tiers.

• renegade68

Tonight is probably the cheapest AZ 1-5 stack I’ve seen other than against Kershaw. Adleman isn’t unhittable at all, and it may be a sneaky play. Plenty of room to fit other solid bat options with that as well.

• hautalak

• x2

@renegade68 said...

Tonight is probably the cheapest AZ 1-5 stack I’ve seen other than against Kershaw.

Load em up and sprinkle in some Os. Looks nice but we know how that goes.

• renegade68

@hautalak said...

Load em up and sprinkle in some Os. Looks nice but we know how that goes.

With Seth Smith at only 3300 on DK – it’s easy to do. I should lock up last place by 10pm Eastern. lol.

• hautalak

• x2

@renegade68 said...

I should lock up last place by 10pm Eastern. lol.

Really is funny how that works out. Lately it’s been pitching screwing me over though.

• KindGuy

@renegade68 said...

Tonight is probably the cheapest AZ 1-5 stack I’ve seen other than against Kershaw. Adleman isn’t unhittable at all, and it may be a sneaky play. Plenty of room to fit other solid bat options with that as well.

Nah, gotta stack COORS

• hautalak

• x2

@elementasrat said...

Nah, gotta stack COORS

Well not the Rockies for you right? haha

• KindGuy

@hautalak said...

Well not the Rockies for you right? haha

• KindGuy

Goldy is slumping. I think he breaks out of it tonight.

• jasonresno

is this the ugliest early slate of the year?

• richierich

@elementasrat said...

Nah, gotta stack COORS

I’m a White Sox. Derrek Holland will go to die in Coors with his high fly ball and HR rate. He can’t even contain power hitting righties at home. Four times in his last six starts he has given up five or more earned runs with 10 home runs in that time.

You can also get in some of those D’Backs with Rockies though. O’s too. Both are cheap.

• KindGuy

Omg

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).