7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 106 ) at Minnesota ( -115 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 114 ) at Atlanta ( -123 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:35 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -212 ) at Baltimore ( 192 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -143 ) at Arizona ( 132 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : San Diego ( -118 ) at Colorado ( 109 ) —- T: 12.5
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 144 ) at Chi Cubs ( -156 ) —- T: —
    9:10 PM EST : Texas ( -125 ) at SF Giants ( 106 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -147 ) at Seattle ( 135 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

Hard not to target guys playing at Coors field.

• johnnyjakes

Just an observation and kind of a question for the guys (and women) here. I’ve had moderate success (turned a profit) in lower states GPPs (particularly MLB and NBA) using minimum entries (particularly because i try to be responsible and not crush my bankroll by mass entering. I guess this question particularly pertains to Baseball.

I noticed last night that in a large field GPP (FanDuel), the winner had a chalk pitcher, and 9 random bats from various teams that all scored 18+pts or hit a HR. I can’t imagine that strategy works often. I understand stacking and the methodology behind it, but which is higher variance? Just seems weird that you pick 9 guys who could potentially hit HR given their opponent versus a 4v4 stack. Looking at you panda, how often is it that a 9 randomly stack wins a GPP vs. a 4v4 stack?

I think the payout would be better to just select an 8-man parlay (each player over 0.5 hits) instead of entering a 7 dollar tourney to win 50K. I guess the difference is, in the tourney, not all 8 guys need a hit to win the 50K, whereas in a parlay, you do.

• BigRay

As Baseball has become a one true outcome game (HR or K), I think some folks have gone the 9 random plus one pitcher. Go for high K’s from your P and try to hit it with the bats. There used to be a HR predictor tool here but it might be behind a pay wall. I usually can’y find nine guys that i think will hit home runs. I think the best i have done is like 4. Last year it seemed like you had to find the guy who was going to go multi HR’s to do anything. I think this season you will see a lot of the NYM/ATL games from last night. Pitching depth was shaky in MLB before Covid times but these bullpens are already looking shot.

• Jvanspro

@miggs6876 said...

Hard not to target guys playing at Coors field.

I think you can easily pivot off to the Rays, Braves, A’s, Yankees or Cubs today if you want.

• jjwd

@johnnyjakes said...

I noticed last night that in a large field GPP (FanDuel), the winner had a chalk pitcher, and 9 random bats from various teams that all scored 18+pts or hit a HR. I can’t imagine that strategy works often. I understand stacking and the methodology behind it, but which is higher variance?

stacking increases upside. That’s why it’s so popular. But every slate is different. For example, people are less likely to stack on a short slate.

• homers1226

stl vs mil postponed again for sat

TBH.. when I do these game stacks, always seems like only 1 or 2 guys will perform, and others I don’t have might produce.. I am not surprised one bit that the 9 one-offs can win. More often than not I will just play all different guys batting 1-3 vs weak pitching.

• yisman

every day it’s like a neverending string of alerts

A)Player scratched from lineup
    B)Player opts out of season (Cain and Diaz already today)
    C)Another game is postponed

• jjwd

@yisman said...

every day it’s like a neverending string of alerts

A)Player scratched from lineup
    B)Player opts out of season (Cain and Diaz already today)
    C)Another game is postponed

It’s stressful. But if people see the Marlins recovering quickly and testing negative this week, it could stop the rash of game cancellations based on a few positive tests.

• dolphinkick182

Think the Cle/Min game still plays since Min just finished up a series with STL? I haven’t been paying enough attention to know what their protocol is for this.

• yisman

Another game bites the dust.

CIN/DET rained out.

• cedric19

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game postponed with such a highly owned pitcher in Bauer

• yisman

forecast pretty clear rest of the day in Detroit

suspicious PPD

• BigRay

@yisman said...

suspicious PPD

Cincinati moved up the game to avoid the rain. Then the rain came and screwed up that plan and they wanted to move it back. The Marlins screwed that up because they were too close in the locker room for a rain delay in Atlanta causing the spread of Covid. For Covid reasons and because they got criticism for keeping chi/det in the locker room for a long time yesterday in a game that was no way playing, there are erring out of an abundance of caution

• SkateFiend

The clubhouse (or locker room) and dugout are probably the safest places to be for players. Most people probably don’t sanitize their house as often as MLB sanitizes those places.

MLB should investigate whether players are breaking quarantine protocols, especially in road games. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them went outside for a night out in town. That’s apparently not illegal because MLB is not mandating a bubble life on players, but it’s a plausible explanation for the outbreak.

• yisman

yet another player missing rest of season

Eduardo Rodriguez

• BigRay

@SkateFiend said...

MLB should investigate whether players are breaking quarantine protocols

They did and the Marlins players were hanging in the hotel bars, went out for dinners, and probably went to the Strip club for some food. Then they were all sitting together in the same lockerroom breathing the same air, co-contaminating each other during a rain delay. Covid is not about surfaces it is airbourne. That is why the Phillies were negative. only the staff who spent time with Marlins staff contracted it.

• SkateFiend

@BigRay said...

They did and the Marlins players were hanging in the hotel bars, went out for dinners, and probably went to the Strip club for some food. Then they were all sitting together in the same lockerroom breathing the same air, co-contaminating each other during a rain delay. Covid is not about surfaces it is airbourne. That is why the Phillies were negative. only the staff who spent time with Marlins staff contracted it.

I missed that news yesterday. I can’t say I’m surprised, it’s really the only explanation that makes sense.

• axman15

Anyone that’s big into BvP, Pujols & Upton have pretty good numbers vs. Grienke and in a decent sample size

• joetw

Less than an hour to lock and we are still on page one. This does not bode well for the rest of the MLB season.

• joetw

@axman15 said...

Anyone that’s big into BvP, Pujols & Upton have pretty good numbers vs. Grienke and in a decent sample size

I think BvP for a guy like Pujols is pretty useless at this point in his career.

• thedkexperience

@joetw said...

Less than an hour to lock and we are still on page one. This does not bode well for the rest of the MLB season.

Most days of the year don’t have full slates of MLB, NBA, NHL and UFC on the same day.

I’ve been putting in rosters most of the day since noon and I play single entries. Anyone with tons of lineups has to have their head spinning.

• ifthethunder

@joetw said...

I have DFS overload. Just starting to put together a lineup for the 7PM slate to keep my DK achievements in order. Woo.
    ~

• synth

Yeah Im getting a late start for the slate as well due to spending time on other sports

• depalma13

@johnnyjakes said...

I noticed last night that in a large field GPP (FanDuel), the winner had a chalk pitcher, and 9 random bats from various teams that all scored 18+pts or hit a HR. I can’t imagine that strategy works often.

The two GPPs I won were both with high strikeout pitchers and random under priced HR hitters.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler