2:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 182 ) at Chi Sox ( -195 ) —- T: 8.5
    2:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( 127 ) at St. Louis ( -137 ) —- T: 8
    2:35 PM EST : Seattle ( -143 ) at Texas ( 120 ) —- T: 9
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( -100 ) at SF Giants ( -108 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 105 ) at LA Angels ( -125 ) —- T: 10
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 151 ) at San Diego ( -165 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -230 ) at Arizona ( 208 ) —- T: 9
    7:08 PM EST : Boston ( 127 ) at Tampa Bay ( -147 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

Finally gave us a reason to fade Votto.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Anyone got an opinion on:

Ramirez
    Reyes
    Goodwin

Vs

Haniger
    Toro
    Garcia

??? I know the first one will be more popular, i almost never get the indians right, and the white sox supposedly have a good bullpen, the other game both pitchers give up the homers.

• zovyn

(F/D) FWIW I prefer the 2nd trio, assuming that’s Adolis Garcia? I have Seager and Toro locked in pretty much everywhere, but Jose Ramirez is in my short-slate entry. Agreed on the Indians, they’re maddening. Ramirez is the only guy I ever feel comfortable rostering – and that’s ‘comfortable’ not ‘confident’. I feel the same way about the White Sox almost every night, though.

I had a nice 5 of 6 nights heater going of solid cashing but crashed and burned so far this weekend so don’t think anything I suggest is necessarily useful. :P

• zovyn

Vlad Guerrero scratched

• zovyn

It’s really disturbing looking at Rizzo and Gallo in the Yankees lineup.

• marker0357

@zovyn said...

It’s really disturbing looking at Rizzo and Gallo in the Yankees lineup.

ditto

• zovyn

Screw it – I’m going mouthful-of-chalk Blue Jays stack, Jordan Montgomery on the mound, and some goofy one-offs. Count on a sudden career performance out of Brad Keller. :)

• superjon

Going to put the same pitchers in both lineups, and then one lineup will have a chalky stack, and the other will probably have none of those players. Maybe one at the most.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@zovyn said...

(F/D) FWIW I prefer the 2nd trio, assuming that’s Adolis Garcia? I have Seager and Toro locked in pretty much everywhere, but Jose Ramirez is in my short-slate entry. Agreed on the Indians, they’re maddening. Ramirez is the only guy I ever feel comfortable rostering – and that’s ‘comfortable’ not ‘confident’. I feel the same way about the White Sox almost every night, though.

I had a nice 5 of 6 nights heater going of solid cashing but crashed and burned so far this weekend so don’t think anything I suggest is necessarily useful. :P

I’ve had a loss 2 days in a row.

One thing I’ve learned in mlb dfs, bats are king.

I’ve had plenty of nights where identify the best pitchers and then i get a donut at one or maybe two positions and then your done.

At the same time I’ve seen ppl win 100k with a – score at pitcher but got all the bats right🤣

I’m going jomo with gibson and braves stack.

• ifthethunder

Mostly going with Grayson Greiner at catcher. Like the Jordan Montgomery call, he delivered for me last start. Otherwise stacking Toronto and…
    ~

• marker0357

OK, so who played the tortilla chip guy for first HR today?

• zovyn

Montgomery settled in but his pitch count is already alarming.

• zovyn

I knew I should have played Alcantara when he didn’t show up as the Miami pitcher on F/D. 1.2% ownership – Meh.

• ifthethunder

@marker0357 said...

OK, so who played the tortilla chip guy for first HR today?

Not I said the little red hen.

But I do have Max Schrock …in showdown only.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

I knew I should have played Alcantara when he didn’t show up as the Miami pitcher on F/D. 1.2% ownership – Meh.

Damn Yankees.
    ~

• BiGtIGeRs

Got my first homerun of slate

• zovyn

Zavala last night. Ortega today. Wtf is going on out there.

• superjon

Figured a Cubs stack would be low owned. Just didn’t think all the fantasy points would go to one guy. Luckily I have him in both lineups.

• marker0357

@ifthethunder said...

Damn Yankees.
    ~

I’m so sick of playing these over-priced Yankees. They rarely seem to string together a total offense.

• ifthethunder

I was mad at Adam Wainwrong for a while, but he did combine with Jose Berrios to get me a double dub. Also won a ticket in Mets – Reds showdown. Better than yesterday at least.
    ~

• superjon

Question for Showdowns on DK

1. How often should you play one or both pitchers?
    2. Do people normally pay up or down at Captain?
    3. What’s the most common stack – 3/3, 4/2, or 5/1?

• ifthethunder

@superjon said...

Question for Showdowns on DK

1. How often should you play one or both pitchers?
    2. Do people normally pay up or down at Captain?
    3. What’s the most common stack – 3/3, 4/2, or 5/1?

If there are 2 decent pitchers in the game, I usually have one at CPT and the other in UTL. And make another lineup with those 2 flipped. Because 2 pitchers are expensive unless one or both stink, this will limit your batter options. Just take whoever you can afford who is hotter, you’re playing both pitchers anyway. I had Max Schrock not because I knew he would hit 2 homers (I’d of put him at CPT in that case!) but because he was 4,800 and batting 5th.

When there aren’t 2 pitchers to play, I don’t usually cash. So just play a dime or so for achievements. Can’t claim to be getting rich or anything, but this has been working for me.
    ~

• superjon

Thanks. Ended up with zero pitchers and

1. 4-2 TB stack with Franco at Captain
    2. 4-2 BOS stack with Kike at Captain
    3. 3-3 with Devers at Captain

• ifthethunder

@superjon said...

Thanks. Ended up with zero pitchers and

1. 4-2 TB stack with Franco at Captain
    2. 4-2 BOS stack with Kike at Captain
    3. 3-3 with Devers at Captain

Good luck! I probably would have gone with the 2 pitchers approach. But I took the night game off.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).