7:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -141 ) at Toronto ( 130 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -141 ) at Tampa Bay ( 130 ) —- T: 8
    7:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 132 ) at St. Louis ( -143 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( -187 ) at Chi Sox ( 172 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 141 ) at Milwaukee ( -153 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -161 ) at Arizona ( 148 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( -108 ) at Oakland ( 100 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 188 ) at Seattle ( -205 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• fenway2015

like paxton and lynn for p position on DK

• raymond333

Damn Early only, 2 games at 12:35. I have a quin in now. Lol, yesterday my guys came out of the gate on fire, got to like 90 pts by the 4-5th inning, and then just fizzled out…like as in not one of them scored the 2nd half of the games. Lol crazy.

Gotta look at stacks, but I’m thinking Castillo for pitching…although, Chacin and Nova I’m looking at too. I remember someone saying Chacin is better when playing at home, so I’m trying to find where they wrote about that. But I’ll probably go Castillo, but def going to consider Nova or Chacin.

As for stacks, I’m liking Pittsburg. See what else is out there, but this is what I’m looking at so far.

• raymond333

Never mind, looks like Nova and Chacin arent playing. Lamet’s interesting, but I think I’m going Castillo.

• NarrowJ

Anyone else having a problem when using lineup builder that if you change a player’s projection to below like 2.5x they completely disappear and you can’t get them back in the player pool? I checked excluded players and they’re not showing up there to add them back either. Maybe I’m just going crazy though…

• mr_papageorgio

For the early slate, going Cole/Castillo with cheap Pirates and Reds. I definitely think there’s a decent chance the Padres end up being the right play though…

• Storm

Are there any decent catching options on the early FD slate?

• MrPerfekt7

@mr_papageorgio said...

For the early slate, going Cole/Castillo with cheap Pirates and Reds. I definitely think there’s a decent chance the Padres end up being the right play though…

Especially PirelA

• MrPerfekt7

Thinking Cole and Lamet
    But this 2 game slate, I see you will have to mix the batters up even against your pitcher you pick. That’s if the opposite team has a few good hitters

• superjon

Originally fading Cole but looks like DET and CIN prices are very close on FD and I like the CIN side a little more.

• mr_papageorgio

@7klub06 said...

Especially PirelA

I actually have him as a one off because he fit. Hoping he holds off on a dong until they get to the pen.

• Ibleedblue1

I have a lot of line ups for the early slate that have over 2k left on the table…. Oh well

• raymond333

Damn, thats a nice chunk to have left over….but, with only two games, and limited players, it may be fine. I know when I’ve done smaller slates, and I have quite a bit leftover, it feels wrong, but then I look at my line, and I’m like well shit, this is who I want to play, and who I think will hit, so thats what I’m going with.

I remember reading something on here where someone said not to get too wrapped up with using all the salary, and I think that definitely applies more to smaller slates vs bigger ones imo.

• raymond333

So I went Castillo, who looks ok so far, then a few DET, CIN, and one off with PIT and SDP, so let’s see. I’m playing a quin, and it’s a little harder to determine ownership with only two games. Obviously most of my guys are 50% or more owned, and a few in the 30’s…Idk, I’m in 3rd now, but it will be interesting to see if I can hit on this slate.

• MrPerfekt7

@Ibleedblue1 said...

I have a lot of line ups for the early slate that have over 2k left on the table…. Oh well

Same here

• MrPerfekt7

Is it me or is it all about the bats and not the pitchers today?

• MrPerfekt7

Mahtooook???? The hell

• lloydjv1

So it looks like fun right now with 1st place in a DK Arcade solo shot. Suarez and Gennett came through big in that inning for me. At least it’s late innings and hopefully I can recoup some losses from the past two nights.

• lloydjv1

@7klub06 said...

Is it me or is it all about the bats and not the pitchers today?

Been following PGA most of the day, but yeah, even Cole isn’t anything to write home about. It’s been a hitting fest in both game.

• windsorpg

Hardly ever play small/early slates in MLB so I’m pretty ecstatic I threw a $1 entry in the $1,000 solo shot on DK in the early slate and currently sitting in 2nd place haha

Just makes me regret not throwing in 20 more entries..

• lloydjv1

@windsorpg said...

Hardly ever play small/early slates in MLB so I’m pretty ecstatic I threw a $1 entry in the $1,000 solo shot on DK in the early slate and currently sitting in 2nd place haha

I am sitting in first with in my 1500 Arcade Solo. Yeah I took a screen shot. Nice to get there once…..

• richierich

When you’re winning a GPP into the late-innings of the slate… then Gennett hits a Grand Slam, and Suarez goes back-to-back.

• lloydjv1

@richierich said...

When you’re winning a GPP into the late-innings of the slate… then Gennett hits a Grand Slam, and Suarez goes back-to-back.

That’s how I got there. some how ended up with both of them in my LU. My two lowest-owned players.

• lloydjv1

But just got knocked into second with that last HR.

• windsorpg

Cozart just bumped me to first

• lloydjv1

Dang, Votto dong too.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).