7:35 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -108 ) at Atlanta ( 100 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 192 ) at Houston ( -210 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -143 ) at Chi Sox ( 132 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : St. Louis ( -153 ) at Kansas City ( 141 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -114 ) at Colorado ( 105 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -137 ) at San Diego ( 126 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 122 ) at SF Giants ( -132 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Tanaka seems to have the best MU. Numbers are pretty good. But how chalky will he be after what Happ did to Texas last night? Jon Gray could be a good pivot. Pretty good at home, although the MU isn’t as good.

If you want exposure to Coors in a unique LU. Stack the Rockies outfield. Blackmon, Gonzalez, Dahl. In the last 2 years, at home vs RHP. They are top 10 on the Rockies in the following categories:

Doubles
    Triples
    HR’S
    RBI’s
    SB’s

• MrPerfekt7

Some good options at pitchers today.
    Shall have a few shares of Tanaka, I mean why not.
    Do we trust Snell to come out and perform today?
    May roll the dice some and throw in Jacob Nix in a few LUs as well.

Liking – Zimmerman, Bieber, Buchholz, Eovaldi, Wheeler.

• superjon

Jordan Zimmerman?

I actually like the Twins as a good source of value.

• bucherpsu08

Yeah my first lineup is a Twins stack. Allows you to pay up for 2 pitchers over 9k.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@superjon said...

Tanaka seems to have the best MU. Numbers are pretty good. But how chalky will he be after what Happ did to Texas last night?

Tanaka is right-handed, which is a different dynamic against Texas. He’s also been getting hit hard. Tanaka would be a tournament-only option from my perspective.

• superjon

@Epignosis said...

Tanaka is right-handed, which is a different dynamic against Texas. He’s also been getting hit hard. Tanaka would be a tournament-only option from my perspective.

Texas still Ks a lot on the road vs RHP

• jjpk

Give me Eflin all day in San Diego. I like Snell unless we hear he’s on some sort of pitch count or innings limit.

• MrPerfekt7

Mariners outfield is so dirt cheap right now, can they get to Cole like they did Verlander?

Anyone playing the Washington/Cubs showdown?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@jjpk said...

Give me Eflin all day in San Diego. I like Snell unless we hear he’s on some sort of pitch count or innings limit.

The article I read said this would be a “more normal” start for Snell.

I don’t know that I trust what Tampa Bay says about their pitchers, however.

• superjon

@jjpk said...

Padres have been better lately though right?

• MrPerfekt7

@superjon said...

Padres have been better lately though right?

Hell yea especially Franmil Reyes

• PhoFever

@7klub06 said...

Mariners outfield is so dirt cheap right now, can they get to Cole like they did Verlander?

Anyone playing the Washington/Cubs showdown?

As a Mariner fan, I will tell you this: they ONLY beat the Astros when Paxton is pitching. As much as I want them to get to Cole, history tells us they will go back to a whimpering 4-hit performance.

• PhoFever

@jjpk said...

Padres win the “peskiest team” award for the last few weeks. No one seems to be able to shut down their scrap heap offense.

• biga0787

Gomber against a crap kc team. sign me up

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@biga0787 said...

Gomber against a crap kc team. sign me up

Is Gomber really any good though? It looks like he handles lefties really well, so far in the big leagues and in the minors, but RHB’s have gotten too him at both levels. KC should be able to roll out 8 or 9 RHB’s against him. I don’t expect him to get rocked, but I don’t see any upside here either. Why not just play Holmes? Or take a chance on Nix? Both guys have had more success in the minors. Both are in higher upside match ups. Holmes has a good start at the big league level under his belt, just like Gomber.

Am I underestimating Gomber?

• jjpk

@Seahawktom said...

Padres win the “peskiest team” award for the last few weeks. No one seems to be able to shut down their scrap heap offense.

I did some quick digging. Last 7 games, the Padres have been averaging 6.71 runs per game (albeit against some pretty questionable pitching).

In the month prior to that (July 1-31), they were putting up a more pedestrian 3.5 runs per game. Sure, they’re hot now, but I don’t think they are the team we’ve been seeing for the past week.

If you feel they might stay hot, it could be smart to play one LU with Eflin and stack against him with another.

• hcassidy

Well time to rework the L/U’s Justin Bour who was my punt tonight was traded to the Phillies, which makes 0 sense. Why did they pay Santana 20M a year to play 1B. I don’t get it.

• mr_papageorgio

@jjpk said...

I did some quick digging. Last 7 games, the Padres have been averaging 6.71 runs per game (albeit against some pretty questionable pitching).

In the month prior to that (July 1-31), they were putting up a more pedestrian 3.5 runs per game. Sure, they’re hot now, but I don’t think they are the team we’ve been seeing for the past week.

If you feel they might stay hot, it could be smart to play one LU with Eflin and stack against him with another.

Also keep in mind their stats for yesterday are skewed. They were held to 2 runs for 8 innings and then scored 5 in the 9th mostly because the Brewers bullpen couldn’t have hit the ocean from 60 feet away, much less the strike zone.

• KindGuy

@hcassidy said...

Well time to rework the L/U’s Justin Bour who was my punt tonight was traded to the Phillies, which makes 0 sense. Why did they pay Santana 20M a year to play 1B. I don’t get it.

Definitely a head scratcher. Maybe Santana goes to C!!!!

• KindGuy

@jjpk said...

Agreed. They had Lester who’s a flyball pitcher in ridiculously good hitting conditions. They also got Chase, who sucks against righties.

• PhoFever

Even still, Lester and Chase are two pitchers who are finding lots of wins this year against better teams than the Padres. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the Padres will light up Eflin tonight. But, I do think they are very capable of scraping out an annoying 3 to 4 runs on 8 hits – just enough to create a mediocre, GPP-killing outing for the Phillies SP.

• PhoFever

@jjpk said...

I don’t think I can stomach a Petco stack. But, I will roll the dice on Nix in at least one GPP.

• hcassidy

@elementasrat said...

Definitely a head scratcher. Maybe Santana goes to C!!!!

Possibility but he has gone away from it and not sure how he would react to going back to C, plus he would just be a placeholder for Ramos. One reason why Tribe let him walk was because of the 60M guaranteed. Only thing is see is they move him to 3B, which he is horribly bad at Defensively but can’t be much worse than Franco who they been shopping, so maybe they got a deal for Franco.

• mr_papageorgio

Maeda seems to own the Rockies and his numbers at Coors are very good as well. This feels like a trap but am I missing something aside from the obvious “don’t play pitchers at Coors”?

• MrPerfekt7

My gawd is it me or are the cubs bats just useless today

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).