7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 125 ) at Minnesota ( -135 ) — T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -104 ) at NY Mets ( -104 ) — T: 8.0
    7:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -171 ) at Chi Sox ( 158 ) — T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -108 ) at Cincinatti ( 100 ) — T: 9.0
    7:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 134 ) at St Louis ( -145 ) — T: 9.0
    8:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 190 ) at San Diego ( -207 ) — T: 8.5
    9:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 169 ) at LA Dodgers ( -184 ) — T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( ) at Seattle ( ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

Samardzija/VV feels like the only way to go on the DK 3:07 slate. Who else you like? Throw Acuna/Trout/Mookie in your OF…..1b is tough – just punt someone like Smoak?

• ASitar

Wow, the more you look at it, the 3:07 slate might be the highest scoring all year. 300 DK points? You got Porcello facing the Angels, a hot Braves team, the Yankees, the Red Sox and 95 degree afternoon weather. You’re best plays today are your best fades. Who are today’s 0-for “studs”?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

Wow, the more you look at it, the 3:07 slate might be the highest scoring all year. 300 DK points? You got Porcello facing the Angels, a hot Braves team, the Yankees, the Red Sox and 95 degree afternoon weather. You’re best plays today are your best fades. Who are today’s 0-for “studs”?

This is why I’m not playing it. The pitching is awful. The contest options on DK suck. They’re not worth the risk. The smaller slate means less margin for error. Any slate where Mike Montgomery is probably going to be chalk and probably should be is not good. It’s all bad.

• Njsum1

@ASitar said...

Samardzija/VV feels like the only way to go on the DK 3:07 slate. Who else you like? Throw Acuna/Trout/Mookie in your OF…..1b is tough – just punt someone like Smoak?

1b for me is Sam Travis @3500, you can also play him in the outfield. Don’t mind Pujols either.

I like VV and Smzmsldmdnazzzzsddjia 😁 as well, however the ump likes to put people on base and VV likes to walk em, so a slight concern.

Turnbull has a nice ump and a good history versus KC.

Siroka seems like the Teheran of yesterday. “Safe” but he’ll cost you and the ump is kinda neutral, yet doesn’t preside over a bunch of strikeouts. Yet that’s what I figured we’ll see from Siroka 7, innings 5k’s 5 hits 2 Er and a likely W. Around 20 to 25 DK.

Montgomery…don’t know what to make of him, can see playing him or stacking against, so I’ll just probably lay off, save 1 play. Only doing 2 lineups.

For those BVP enthusiasts Jordy Mercer likes the way the ball looks coming of MM’s hand, and he’s been swinging a hot bat, so we’ll see. Good luck today 🍀

• superjon

Early slate looks simple as far as establishing my player pool.

Bats – ATL, BOS, KAN, MIA, NYY

Pitcher – Montgomery, Porcello, Samardzija

Who I play at pitcher will depend on where I go with my bats.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

1b for me is Sam Travis @3500, you can also play him in the outfield. Don’t mind Pujols either.

I like VV and Smzmsldmdnazzzzsddjia 😁 as well, however the ump likes to put people on base and VV likes to walk em, so a slight concern.

Turnbull has a nice ump and a good history versus KC.

Siroka seems like the Teheran of yesterday. “Safe” but he’ll cost you and the ump is kinda neutral, yet doesn’t preside over a bunch of strikeouts. Yet that’s what I figured we’ll see from Siroka 7, innings 5k’s 5 hits 2 Er and a likely W. Around 20 to 25 DK.

Montgomery…don’t know what to make of him, can see playing him or stacking against, so I’ll just probably lay off, save 1 play. Only doing 2 lineups.

For those BVP enthusiasts Jordy Mercer likes the way the ball looks coming of MM’s hand, and he’s been swinging a hot bat, so we’ll see. Good luck today 🍀

Anyone specific you want me to “Teheran” for you today?

The stupid thing on my part is he wasn’t even that highly owned. I figured he’d be around 25%. I guess more players decided to be naive, like me.

• BUFUu2

Hey guys, I don’t post much on here but I do read alot of your guys post. This early slate has me a little messed up, Only making 2 lines today because I hate the slate. I am really considering going soroka and sam mixed with a low owned det stack they should be able to get to mont….. My question is for the Yankees does anyone know who there main pitcher is going to be yet Green I think will only be pitching 1-2 innings

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone specific you want me to “Teheran” for you today

Haha…all good. 👍 Mlb posts rarely age well. (Think old sushi or milk left out for a week). Other then saying I liked Teheran, I think I also posted yesterday that the Red Sox always bust when they’re chalk and disappoint. 1) they weren’t chalk 2) they didn’t disappoint. 😭 My saving grace was that also wrote that I always make a stack in case. Only reason I broke even last night is that I begrudgingly had Red Sox 1 thru 5 in one of my four lineups. Didn’t think they’d go off though.

It’s baseball, and variance is higher than ever this year. It’s not NBA and to a lesser degree NFL when you can count on being right most of the time.

There aren’t many posters who contribute regularly on the MLB thread, so all honest opinions are welcome and appreciated.

• keephustlincuz

@BUFUu2 said...

My question is for the Yankees does anyone know who there main pitcher is going to be yet Green I think will only be pitching 1-2 innings

I am using cortes jr to get the big bats.

• patkingpin

How bad of an idea is Waguespack today? I can get to the bats I want with him in my lineup….or should i try Cortes and maybe buy up another bat?

• BUFUu2

@keephustlincuz said...

I am using cortes jr to get the big bats.

did they announce he was relieving green

• keephustlincuz

@BUFUu2 said...

did they announce he was relieving green

No.

Any ideas on who the long guy would be?

I see they just put holder on the IL.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

Cortes pitched 2 innings last night.

Tarpley and or Adams make the most sense to relieve Green.

• keephustlincuz

@Pandamonious said...

I think you are right. I have a feeling its Tarpley.

• BUFUu2

@Pandamonious said...

I thought it would be Tarpley as well

• 7klub06

@ASitar said...

And the Roger Centre roof will be open

• raymond333

Hey guys so Betts vs JD. I believe Betts is better for high k, ground ball pitcher, and JD is better for low k, fly ball pitching. So against Heaney, wouldn’t Betts be preferred?

Still learning so any help is appreciated.

• ASitar

Gonna gamble on Sandy Leon today at that price on a team that could put up 15+ today. Maybe some Starlin Castro and Mercer? Going JD over Mookie but we Acuna/Trout.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@raymond333 said...

Hey guys so Betts vs JD. I believe Betts is better for high k, ground ball pitcher, and JD is better for low k, fly ball pitching. So against Heaney, wouldn’t Betts be preferred?

Still learning so any help is appreciated.

Personally, I’d go JD. If choosing one, for me it’s always JD vs. a LHP and Betts vs. a RHP. That’s just my opinion though, Yes, JD has a higher K% so there’s a little more risk, but probably more upside. I guess for that reason maybe Betts is better for cash, but JD for GPP.

• raymond333

Cool thanks. I’m playing gpp, but on the premium On Deck Podcast, Dave Potts broke it down one time on how to choose between them. And I know on the expert survey and article they are on JD vs Betts, but then (if you have access to plate IQ), Betts RTG score is higher too which makes sense vs Heaney (I think lol). But you bring up a good point too on RHP vs LHP too.

So close lol. Like Maybin vs Tauchman lately. Either of them can go off.

• ASitar

@Pandamonious said...

Personally, I’d go JD. If choosing one, for me it’s always JD vs. a LHP and Betts vs. a RHP. That’s just my opinion though, Yes, JD has a higher K% so there’s a little more risk, but probably more upside. I guess for that reason maybe Betts is better for cash, but JD for GPP.

Yeah, I’m going Alcantara (hoping for 15 DK points)/Samardzija w Acuna/JD/Trout in OF and Dozier as my “punt”

• 7klub06

@ASitar said...

Gonna gamble on Sandy Leon today at that price on a team that could put up 15+ today. Maybe some Starlin Castro and Mercer? Going JD over Mookie but we Acuna/Trout.

Love it

• 7klub06

I wish DK would adjust player position eligibility based off the line ups when released

• Moneymakers90

2b play gpp plz help

• 7klub06

@Moneymakers90 said...

2b play gpp plz help

Castro Albies or a red Sox

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).