6:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 139 ) at Philadelphia ( -151 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -122 ) at NY Mets ( 113 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -146 ) at Detroit ( 134 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -110 ) at Milwaukee ( 101 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 121 ) at Colorado ( -131 ) —- T: 12
    9:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 153 ) at Texas ( -167 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 156 ) at LA Dodgers ( -170 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Oakland ( -121 ) at LA Angels ( 112 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• marker0357

@cheezpizza said...

I think Roth is wrong on this one. Im not seeing it.

sounds like “derecho” heading your way. 99 mph winds reported in Nebraska and Iowa head towards N Ill, WI, N IN

• jayzee666

So, if you can find a low priced player to hit a HR, a mid priced pitcher that can put up same numbers as high priced pitcher, then you can easilty afford the high priced stud, specially if that high priced stud is still hot. So that high priced stud, unless in a slump or in my LU, can still easily be played, and probably low owned due ot his high price. Then you have to get the right low priced bat to hit.

Also picking the start or finish of a hot/cold streak is like timing the market.

• thedkexperience

@jayzee666 said...

So, if you can find a low priced player to hit a HR, a mid priced pitcher that can put up same numbers as high priced pitcher, then you can easilty afford the high priced stud, specially if that high priced stud is still hot. So that high priced stud, unless in a slump or in my LU, can still easily be played, and probably low owned due ot his high price. Then you have to get the right low priced bat to hit.

Also picking the start or finish of a hot/cold streak is like timing the market.

First part is easy.

Second part is terribly hard but doable.

Third part makes sense.

The 4th part is where we differ. If the stud in question is from a glamour team and in a 7:05 game then you should avoid them like the plague. Getting 30% ownership on any player is too much but in the manner you described that player could be way above that if they are a Yankee, or Red Sock. If that same player is a Royal, hell yeah ride him. The ownership will never get out of hand on a player from a fly over state team.

Also streaks are easily predictable. Is a player going to be facing 4 straight all stars over 4 games who all pitch from the same side? Expect a slump. And you know when they will come out of it? When they face a gas can on the other side.

It’s really that simple.

• jayzee666

@thedkexperience said...

First part is easy.

Second part is terribly hard but doable.

Third part makes sense.

The 4th part is where we differ. If the stud in question is from a glamour team and in a 7:05 game then you should avoid them like the plague. Getting 30% ownership on any player is too much but in the manner you described that player could be way above that if they are a Yankee, or Red Sock. If that same player is a Royal, hell yeah ride him. The ownership will never get out of hand on a player from a fly over state team.

Also streaks are easily predictable. Is a player going to be facing 4 straight all stars over 4 games who all pitch from the same side? Expect a slump. And you know when they will come out of it? When they face a gas can on the other side.

It’s really that simple.

I would not hesitate playing any Yankee any time any where as they all have HR ability except Sanchez/Stanton so far regardless of being high owned until they go cold. Everyone can put up 2 HRs a game any time. I can easily fit them in and low priced player. Red Sox are easy to avoid this year except Moreland against a righty. Obviously you aren’t as likely to play a 6K player against a great pitcher, but you wouldn’t play a 3k player either.

4th part is obvious and nothing to do with streaks. You face 4 great pitchers, 1 gas can, 4 stud pitchers, that one possible great game is not really a streak, just matchup.

I find that no matter which way i go, My powers offset any strategy.

You can easily have a few high owned players and offset them with low owned players to differentiate your lineups to win (Not me, but anyone else)..
    Blackmon/Yelch/Tatis with Stassi/Cronenworth/etc. provides a mix with players likely to do well in good matchups and players in good matchup and may do well.

• stellagirl

The Dbacks ownership on DK is going to be stupid. I am mass entering one tournament with 100% fade of Coors.

In another, rolling a handful of lineups with May/Gray (Gray provides SIGNIFICANT ownership leverage if he has even a decent game) plus 5 Rockies. 5 Rockies is doable thanks to Cabrara, Cronenworth, Grossman, and a handful of catchers all under $2.5k.

• mr_papageorgio

Just when I thought 2020 couldn’t get any more strange, Kevin Pillar is now a leadoff hitter!

• mr_papageorgio

Robbie Ray at Coors, the ultimate adrenaline rush.

• Volkster6

Stella you don’t need leverage with Gray… because let’s say he gives up 3-4 runs. Gets a few strikeouts and gives up 3 or 4 more hits. Sure he didn’t give up a massive 8 but he also only scored a likely 10-15 points. Pay up for Yarborough with same 5 man stack and a higher ceiling

• thedkexperience

Live feed of me selecting my pitchers.

• stellagirl

@Volkster6 said...

Stella you don’t need leverage with Gray… because let’s say he gives up 3-4 runs. Gets a few strikeouts and gives up 3 or 4 more hits. Sure he didn’t give up a massive 8 but he also only scored a likely 10-15 points. Pay up for Yarborough with same 5 man stack and a higher ceiling

Fair point, I pulled Gray add Yarborough in about 70% of my Coors lineups (I don’t have many though)

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Yeah, If you REALLY want double leverage on fading Coors bats with Coors pitchers, you go Ray over Gray, who has significantly more upside.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Pandamonious said...

So D-Backs starting line up going to be like 50% owned on DK?

One of the lowest priced line-ups I’ve ever seen at Coors. Not sure there’s ever been a line-up there with 7 hitters 4.5k(DK) or less, 4 of them less than 4k

• stellagirl

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, If you REALLY want double leverage on fading Coors bats with Coors pitchers, you go Ray over Gray, who has significantly more upside.

Not fading coors in thise lineups, just fading the massive ownership that will be AZ.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Pandamonious said...

Ray has pitched in 8 games at Coors(38.1 innings) giving up 1 HR in his career. Is that variance banging on the door?

• chickenmanE

thoughts on tampa bay tonight?

• axman15

@chickenmanE said...

thoughts on tampa bay tonight?

I’ll have some tonight, middle of the order is pretty inexpensive and it’s going to be a bullpen game for Boston

• ifthethunder

Roth now thinks that storm hits late or after the game in Detroit. But there is a tornado warning in Chicago. This is what the worry is about.
    ~

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

This is what I’m doing tonight. Riding Robbie Ray right into crazy town.

• thedkexperience

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Ray has pitched in 8 games at Coors(38.1 innings) giving up 1 HR in his career. Is that variance banging on the door?

He’s also pitched about 13 innings this year and given up 8000* runs so I’m hoping variance helps him out a bit.

*approximate

• thedkexperience

I’ve learned recently that I should always set my DK LU first because after spending 45 minutes looking for every minute bit of salary on DK, it’s fun to go to FD, put in mostly the same LU and then use your left over money on Mike Trout and Christian Yelich.

Have I mentioned that FD has loose pricing?

• am03wins

Why is McCullers projected to be so highly owned at 8.2k on DK. What am I missing?

• cheezpizza

@am03wins said...

Why is McCullers projected to be so highly owned at 8.2k on DK. What am I missing?

After his last start, ill fade him forever.

• thedkexperience

Bryce hit a ball into the Braves bullpen. 😳

Beast.

OAK
    BOMB Teheran!

• yisman

would recommend 5.55 toy bat on DK

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.