8:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -155 ) at Chi Cubs ( 135 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -160 ) at Kansas City ( 135 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -145 ) at Minnesota ( 133 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 162 ) at Houston ( -177 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:45 PM EST : Arizona ( 185 ) at SF Giants ( -205 ) —- T: 8
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( -145 ) at LA Angels ( 134 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 187 ) at Seattle ( -206 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( 200 ) at San Diego ( -250 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• donkeydealer

Hate 15 game slates

• zovyn

I know that bitchin about FD is preaching to the choir here, but it never ceases to amaze me how dumb their contest slate structure can be sometimes. 2 full roster slates today – a 13-game slate at 7:05pm, and a 2-game slate at 10:10pm. So irritating. Could easily do a sexy 6-gamer at 8:10pm. Silly.

• ifthethunder

Eloy Jimenez was 30.6% owned yesterday, therefore he will be 61.2% owned tonight. If I have my Wie-metrics properly calibrated.

I’m sure Griffin Jax (whatever is that?) is a fine fellow, but I’ll be over the imaginary field.
    ~

• monarch

@ifthethunder said...

Eloy Jimenez was 30.6% owned yesterday, therefore he will be 61.2% owned tonight. If I have my Wie-metrics properly calibrated.

I’m sure Griffin Jax (whatever is that?) is a fine fellow, but I’ll be over the imaginary field.
    ~

Whats that mean, over the imaginary field?

• ifthethunder

@monarch said...

Whats that mean, over the imaginary field?

I’m imagining a field with Jimenez 61.2% owned. I don’t have access to any actual ownership numbers.
    ~

• zovyn

@ifthethunder said...

I’m imagining a field with Jimenez 61.2% owned. I don’t have access to any actual ownership numbers.
    ~

Yeah – as noted, he was 55%+ already yesterday on FD

• ifthethunder

In other news, Roth is somewhat worried about Oakland – Cleveland. If he’s worried, I’m worried.
    ~

• zovyn

Brad Miller has 3HRs in 14AB against Mad Max. And at 2.2k on FD he still doesn’t really feel like a lock-and-load tonight, ya know?

Hmmm.

Most of the BvP tonight seems to favor the pitchers…

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

Yep. I’m a big Mad Max fan, sad he’s a Dodger now. (sob sob S.O.B.!).

Don’t massively disagree with Sloan Piva’s ‘bet the Dodgers’ take.

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/mlb-best-bets-baseball-picks-predictions-tuesday-august-10-3663630

But, however, and therefore…checking Dodgers BvP re: Nola: Nola comes out pretty well.

I like that, since it means I can pick a different pitcher I like and than combine him with Max / Aaron Nola for 2 lineups. If all goes as planned, one of those l.u.s will be double dubs with some pretty high pitching DKFP.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

Joc Pederson is 0 for 10 vs Sonny Gray with 7 strike outs. Impressive, young Jedi!
    ~

• monarch

@ifthethunder said...

In other news, Roth is somewhat worried about Oakland – Cleveland. If he’s worried, I’m worried.
    ~

Where are you seeing this?

• ifthethunder

@monarch said...

Where are you seeing this?

OAK @ CLE – Not a lot of rain, but the storms we see in the area will be very slow moving… one storm in the wrong spot could cause trouble. Winds out to right at 10mph.”

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb
    ~

• zovyn

Half my original LU were Tigers, Orioles, or Mets, it seems. Pulled all shares due to weather concerns.

My entire evening now revolves around Anthony Alford. LFG! :P

• yisman

trying to figure out what to do with catcher

Angels’ lineup finally came out right after lock. Stassi batting 7th. I have him in DK cash.

I would’ve used Murphy but can’t do that now.

• zovyn

I had Soto in my LU all day with the DTD tag. They decide he’s going to play and THAT’s when I decide to bench him.

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

I had Soto in my LU all day with the DTD tag.

I have Hoy Park in a Scherzer – Gilbert lineup and a Nola – Gilbert lineup. So far, Nola is winning.
    ~

• maibockaddict

Looks like a good hour plus delay in Philly

• land_of_the_lock

Are pitchers in PHI/LOS done? Didn’t expect that from a “Green/Yellow” game. Ugh, if so.

• maibockaddict

@land_of_the_lock said...

Are pitchers in PHI/LOS done? Didn’t expect that from a “Green/Yellow” game. Ugh, if so.

I would bet they do not come back, but you never know. Could it get a ppd still? Maybe

• monarch

@ifthethunder said...

OAK @ CLE – Not a lot of rain, but the storms we see in the area will be very slow moving… one storm in the wrong spot could cause trouble. Winds out to right at 10mph.”

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb
    ~

Well, that is like the only game not affected by weather it seems

• land_of_the_lock

Well, since I played them heavily, hoping for no PPD. Just seems off, the prediction. I guess I need to do more due diligence on these games. Sigh.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Well, since I played them heavily, hoping for no PPD. Just seems off, the prediction. I guess I need to do more due diligence on these games. Sigh.

Models gave no indication of bad weather. This was one of those summer pop ups that just…happened.

Check the radar here on this one:

https://twitter.com/KevinRothWx/status/1425250616549335048

• land_of_the_lock

@Epignosis said...

Models gave no indication of bad weather.

OK, I’m just going to discount future weather predictions somewhat. Not blaming anyone, just readjusting how I read the predictions.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

OK, I’m just going to discount future weather predictions somewhat. Not blaming anyone, just readjusting how I read the predictions.

For what it’s worth, I find Roth’s guidance to lead to the right conclusion nine times out of ten.

• land_of_the_lock

@Epignosis said...

For what it’s worth, I find Roth’s guidance to lead to the right conclusion nine times out of ten.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, over the long-tern, he’s generally been spot on. I’m really not trying to be a hater, but I’ve been burnt more than a few times, recently. I play a lot of 50/50s. I don’t mind getting burned on the GPPs, but I’m going to be more conservative on the double-ups going forward. To each his own…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).