7:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 159 ) at Philadelphia ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -151 ) at NY Mets ( 138 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 131 ) at Cleveland ( -142 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -110 ) at Detroit ( 102 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( -109 ) at Colorado ( 101 ) —- T: 11.5
    9:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 122 ) at Texas ( -132 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Oakland ( 125 ) at LA Angels ( -135 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 138 ) at LA Dodgers ( -150 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ndepompei

DK still didn’t bump up DBacks enough

• jayzee666

@Ndepompei said...

DK still didn’t bump up DBacks enough

Challenge accepted. I will have a few AZ stacks.
    I would highly suggest that you all lock in Freeland immediately. No hit alert issued right now!!

• Ndepompei

@jayzee666 said...

Challenge accepted. I will have a few AZ stacks.
    I would highly suggest that you all lock in Freeland immediately. No hit alert issued right now!!

Freeland does look a lot better this year but that just means he’s due for some regression

• jayzee666

@Ndepompei said...

Freeland does look a lot better this year but that just means he’s due for some regression

Or he is going to continue to have a breakout year and have 1 or 2 bad games the rest of the year.
    Regression just means you are trying to time the market and in doing so have to play a slumping player every day or fade a hot player everyday until they hit that regression.

Although he has bad numbers against AZ, has not been lights out this year, so not really regression based.
    I am stating that if I stack AZ with my long history, AZ will be do nothing and Freeland will look like Cy Young. I have been due for positive regression for about 3 years now and still have not hit it. Tread lightly on AZ tonight as I will inclued ALL hitters in some stacks.

• Volkster6

Coors is always an easy fade. Far more 5-2 games then 12-7.

Now, finding the random 16 spot is harder. I was all over the Mariners last night once that roof opened, hit the Angels a decent amount too, and had some great TB stacks. But with no Arizona chalk or Wash hitters missed the cash line in the $250 on all 3 LUs

• Ndepompei

Want to play Tyler Alexander but worried he isn’t stretched out enough. Anybody know anything on pitch count for him?

• Dicklington

@Ndepompei said...

Want to play Tyler Alexander but worried he isn’t stretched out enough. Anybody know anything on pitch count for him?

Gardy was quoted as saying some like “we’d like him to get to 80”

• hcassidy

@Ndepompei said...

There’s a good chance Alexander uses plenty of that slider Tuesday against the White Sox in a game where Gardenhire would like to see him throw up to 80 pitches. As the 26-year-old lefty gets a chance to start this season, he isn’t going to let the moment get the best of him. From this article yesterday by the DFP.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2020/08/10/detroit-tigers-tyler-alexander-earns-start-but-wont-change-approach/3339107001/

• Ndepompei

@Dicklington said...

Gardy was quoted as saying some like “we’d like him to get to 80”

thanks that is enough for me

• ifthethunder

Be good to know if the roof in Texas will be open or not tonight. Game isn’t until 9…what time do we get the news?
    ~

• Codyveo

Safe to assume since Max is starting he’s good for a normal 85-100 pitch work load?

• ifthethunder

@Codyveo said...

Safe to assume since Max is starting he’s good for a normal 85-100 pitch work load?

Hope so. I’m a Nats fan, tho. So my advice needs to be qualified with that warning.
    ~

• mnstone14

@Ndepompei said...

thanks that is enough for me

i dont think they are any bad plays in a gpp, especially baseball, but alexander usually gets hammered by righties and chicago has a bunch.

• Schmo4

What happened to the projections on the RG starting lineups page?

• coachspitz

alexander at 80 pitches could be money. wonder if max will have depressed ownership coming off the injury

• tommykarate

what happened to MLB First Look? Been nothing since Saturday.

• RudyPujols

@mnstone14 said...

i dont think they are any bad plays in a gpp, especially baseball, but alexander usually gets hammered by righties and chicago has a bunch.

The ChiSox are going to be bringing some RH thump that doesn’t strike out as much against lefties and TA’s strikeout splits are also drastic. Plus, it may be too small of a sample to mean much but the ChiSox bats produce more value against the slider than any team in baseball.

All of that said, I’m still playing him. The K upside to price ratio is just too good to fade.

• jloos

How stupid am I to play Gio so I can load up on bats?

• EricQ23

not that stupid. I have him in a couple lineups

• JIB7

@jloos said...

How stupid am I to play Gio so I can load up on bats?

Has always seemed like the guy who either gives you 6 solid innings, 2 runs, 5 K’s….or just absolutely blows up.

• yisman

well that was crazy

I have two tickets to the FD monster and I couldn’t put together a decent lineup.

I’m in twice and neither lineup makes sense and they’re not stacks…

• zeeshan2

trea turner HR

• HoodsFromTheWood

@RudyPujols said...

The ChiSox are going to be bringing some RH thump that doesn’t strike out as much against lefties and TA’s strikeout splits are also drastic. Plus, it may be too small of a sample to mean much but the ChiSox bats produce more value against the slider than any team in baseball.

All of that said, I’m still playing him. The K upside to price ratio is just too good to fade.

Last year he had 47K’s in 53.2 innings. Maybe the 10 in a row was an anomaly

• RudyPujols

@Codyveo said...

That ought to get him through 3 and 2/3 at this rate.

55 pitches and not out of the second inning against the Mets. Terrible.

• jayzee666

If you take away my pitchers, I likely won’t score 20 pts on a majority of my LUs. Again, I do like to brag about my successes.
    And I have shut down the D’Backs so far like I said I would. Only 2 LUs with them in it, but that is all I need.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.