2:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 174 ) at St. Louis ( -190 ) —- T: 8.5
    3:05 PM EST : Houston ( -146 ) at Texas ( 135 ) —- T: 11
    4:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( -114 ) at Oakland ( 105 ) —- T: 9.5
    4:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 251 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 119 ) at Seattle ( -129 ) —- T: 10
    4:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 104 ) at Arizona ( -113 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Boston ( -159 ) at NY Yankees ( 146 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

2 – Kluber
    2 – Worley
    1 – Wacha

• noddy

Man it’s hard not to roster Kluber, but is this the day he blows up?

• migarvin99

@noddy said...

Man it’s hard not to roster Kluber, but is this the day he blows up?

Clevinger was horrible all month and then morphs into degrom vs the Rays….Kluber might have a no hitter today

• Moneyshot1968

Double digit strikeouts are what he does….I can see a couple of dingers too though…

• Moneyshot1968

Santana versus Detroit looks good…Cabrera on the shelf too….

• Njsum1

If your looking for a different strategy on DK…I think today might be the day where you want to roster Chris Flexen for 5300 and run a 2 to 4 man stack against him in the same lineup. The guy has been horrible yet was good in the minors and faces a high strikeout team with one of the best pitchers umpires in the game. There are many different outcomes, a good majority of which locks in a nice amount of points regardless if he pitches a gem, gets shelled, does moderately OK, or pitches moderately poorly. I’ll be taking this route in some lineups for sure today.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

why in the same LUP rather than make a hedge LUP?

• bucherpsu08

Yeah that’s an awful strategy. Might work on a gimmicky 2 game slate or something but not today.

• Bobsaccomano

Something has to give. Vargas $7.2k…Abreu 2.8k on FD. Thinking Abreu as a Thames pivot.

• WuChef1986

Philly stack again

• Njsum1

@divusjulius said...

why in the same LUP rather than make a hedge LUP?

Because if I’m going to play Flexen on a bunch of lineups, and he gets rocked, my one or two phillies hedge stacks won’t make up for the damage he does to the rest of my lineups. Yet, if he’s in the same lineup as my phillies stacks, if he gets rocked, those lineups are still viable as long as the players I stacked for philly are the ones doing the damage. Also he’s 5.3k, I wouldn’t be doing this with a 10k pitcher.

Lastly I’m not sold on Flexen today cause he’s been terrible, it’s just a good spot, yet it’s also a good spot for the phillies bats. My thinking is that for around 18k of salary, that’s a 3 man philly stack and Flexen I could get anywhere from 10dk points ( if Flexen gets rocked by bats I don’t roster) to 90 DK points (if Flexen goes 6 strikes out 7 yet gives up 3 homers, but gets the win) and then the mets bullpen gets shelled as well). With the most likely scenario, is the hedge getting me 35 to 50 points, which I’ll take. To go along with Kluber and a 5 man stack of hitters in a decent spot.

• Kjwhalen77

There might be a 35-40 point gap between Kluber and the 2nd best pitcher today (FD). Can easily see 9IP, 15K, 0 ER from him.

• DontTrustTheProcess

Rhyse Hoskins hits his first ML HR today? Phillies fan here. He’s been hitless in his first 3 games but he hits the ball HARD and has a nice swing.

• DontTrustTheProcess

Kluber 80% owned today?

• noddy

Have Kluber. Just too good of a spot

• noddy

I’d rather lose than play Flexen and a bunch of Phillies in the same lineup

• MarvG

You have to play Kluber. It’s a no brainer.

• ASitar

Anyone playing Dickey? I just want 20 points from him.

KC stack, Chi stack, Mets stack

GL today

• 7klub06

@superjon said...

2 – Kluber
    2 – Worley
    1 – Wacha

Any love for Vargas

• 7klub06

Damn walker gets traded and his price goes up smh

• Njsum1

@noddy said...

I’d rather lose than play Flexen and a bunch of Phillies in the same lineup

Not saying it’s definitely going to work, I’m using it in about 3 out of 10 lineups, yet I wish I had a dollar every time I’ve read on this forum how someone, “just can’t believe” the person leading some GPP or another stacked against one of his pitchers. Just sayin. It’s also more of a strategy I’m using to lock in points and get a 2x to 4x cash then win a GPP.

• jjpk

Kluber/Eflin and Vargas/Happ (like the matchups) on DK. Didn’t stack too much other than PHI and CLE. Some HOU and KC pairings.

• walkoff9

Dozier!!

• zline34

Atta Boy Dozier lets make it a triple Dong Day!

• IronMonkey415

Glad I have Dozier everywhere today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.