7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -102 ) at Detroit ( -106 ) —- T: 9
    7:35 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -161 ) at Texas ( 148 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Washington ( 125 ) at St. Louis ( -135 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Toronto ( -125 ) at Kansas City ( 115 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 114 ) at Oakland ( -123 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -120 ) at San Diego ( 111 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 182 ) at LA Dodgers ( 0 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Trying out a strategy for MME I’ve been wanting to give a go for awhile now.

Pick a core of a pitcher, stud bat, and punt but and go 100% on them. Then build team stacks around them of the teams I like the most tonight.

Pitcher: Severino
    Stud Bat: Jose Ramirez
    Punt Bat: Gregory Bird

Stacks: OAK, LAD, ARI, and SD

Only 10% on SD.

To make things easier on myself. I’ll probably just cancel any LU’s that have players that get scratched if the news comes out early enough.

• bucherpsu08

Arizona is an obvious stack. I don’t see the draw to OAK, LAD or SD though.

• superjon

@bucherpsu08 said...

All of the opposing pitchers have pretty bad home/road splits this year.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@bucherpsu08 said...

I agree. Gonzalez has only given up 4ER in two starts vs Oakland and no reason to pick on MadBum with LAD , imo and SD is well……….SD. Not to mention those games are some of the lowest totals on the night

• superjon

@TnRiddles said...

I agree. Gonzalez has only given up 4ER in two starts vs Oakland and no reason to pick on MadBum with LAD , imo and SD is well……….SD. Not to mention those games are some of the lowest totals on the night

2 games and 10 innings isn’t much of a sample.

FWIW I’m like 30% on Oakland.

• BUFUu2

anyone notice in the showdown on dk you cant pick toussiant

• mattyice522

damn first look doesn’t have the 1pm game

• mattyice522

annnd it looks like Miami rolling out a AA lineup

• BUFUu2

@mattyice522 said...

annnd it looks like Miami rolling out a AA lineup

you mean atlanta I actually think Tou will do well against miami that is what makes me mad i can’t take him he is a decent strike out pitcher and has calmed is walks down

• mattyice522

How deep do you think he will go?

• BUFUu2

@mattyice522 said...

How deep do you think he will go?

I think around 4-5 tops i think i am going to pick a middle reliever for atl today one of them will get a few innings pitching i am hoping with it being a double header and the braves are kinda short pitchers… Not saying Tou will do amazing i just think he would have been worth the money if he was around the 8k range kinda hard to pick today because dk don’t have him listed.

• mattyice522

do FD. don’t have to worry about picking a P

• MrPerfekt7

Sean Reid-Foley anyone? Cheap and look like he could pay off against the Royals.

• TeamTwerk

Who on Miami is at risk of getting pinch hit for when a lefty reliever enters the game? Ortega? Riddle? Sierra?

• BUFUu2

@mattyice522 said...

do FD. don’t have to worry about picking a P

you don’t have to in dk either i just wanted to play him in one i have a system on day showdowns one with both pitchers one with a team pitcher and most hitters and then the other way then one with all batters i like just what i do no biggie

• bucherpsu08

So who else is rolling out Ried-Foley

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@bucherpsu08 said...

OAK, LAD, SD all came up as places to go in my research. As I whittle things down though I’ve started to lose interest in those teams. MadBum is still struggling against RHB’s and been worse on the road, but it’s a small sample. It’s hard to imagine he won’t continue to get sharper as the season goes. It’s probably not worth going there. LAD doesn’t seem to match up real well with his pitch types either. The issue with OAK is Marco leans as a reverse splits pitcher and you know OAK is just going to throw 9 RHB’s at him. He can get hit up, as proved by his last outing, and OAK is hitting the ball well again, but I probably won’t end up going there either.

SD is the one team I’ll probably go ahead and get exposure to. SD is a middle of the road offense against LHP, Heaney has been getting hit hard lately (55% HC, 93% EV over last 2 starts), and has been much worse on the road. The Padres have actually been hitting relatively well lately themselves and are supposed to get Myers back tonight.

• PhoFever

@Pandamonious said...

OAK, LAD, SD all came up as places to go in my research. As I whittle things down though I’ve started to lose interest in those teams. MadBum is still struggling against RHB’s and been worse on the road, but it’s a small sample. It’s hard to imagine he won’t continue to get sharper as the season goes. It’s probably not worth going there. LAD doesn’t seem to match up real well with his pitch types either. The issue with OAK is Marco leans as a reverse splits pitcher and you know OAK is just going to throw 9 RHB’s at him. He can get hit up, as proved by his last outing, and OAK is hitting the ball well again, but I probably won’t end up going there either.

SD is the one team I’ll probably go ahead and get exposure to. SD is a middle of the road offense against LHP, Heaney has been getting hit hard lately (55% HC, 93% EV over last 2 starts), and has been much worse on the road. The Padres have actually been hitting relatively well lately themselves and are supposed to get Myers back tonight.

The Padres have been world beaters lately, has anyone been watching??? what a sad sack Arrieta was last night, getting pummeled in a pitchers ballpark by the supposed “farm team” Padres who have been lighting people up left and right, home and away

• MrPerfekt7

@BUFUu2 said...

I think around 4-5 tops i think i am going to pick a middle reliever for atl today one of them will get a few innings pitching i am hoping with it being a double header and the braves are kinda short pitchers… Not saying Tou will do amazing i just think he would have been worth the money if he was around the 8k range kinda hard to pick today because dk don’t have him listed.

Heck I messaged DK about that waiting for a response. Lol never hurts to ask

• FAMOF665

Why is it that Folty doesnt seem to get past 5 innings even when things are going good? I want to play him but need a pitcher that will hopefully pick up a quality start. If I dont play Folty I guess I drop down to Gonzales, which if I go down that road leaves me 800 on the table and more options at my util position depending on if I take descalso or goodrum at 2nd (have both now). This is on FD for single entry

• MrPerfekt7

From DK

Thanks for reaching out to us today! Touki Toussaint was called up after the player pool was posted and therefore cannot be chosen for today’s game.

• KindGuy

Interesting.

DK is running their “championship week” after the baseball live final.

I always thought they ran championships weeks before a final so that it culminated on the day of whatever live final was going on. I’m pretty sure it was like that for the past NFL and NBA seasons. Not sure about NHL though.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@FAMOF665 said...

Why is it that Folty doesnt seem to get past 5 innings even when things are going good? I want to play him but need a pitcher that will hopefully pick up a quality start. If I dont play Folty I guess I drop down to Gonzales, which if I go down that road leaves me 800 on the table and more options at my util position depending on if I take descalso or goodrum at 2nd (have both now). This is on FD for single entry

This is just me guessing, but they could be watching his innings total. With the way pitchers are watched so closely these days they may be taking it easy on him. The most innings he’s thrown, including the minors, in a season is 154 last year. They may not want him to go 200. He’s thrown 124 so far this year. He probably has 9 more starts left. That could take him up to around 170. Then you have the possibility of playoffs. I’d watch the box score of the 1st game of the double header. If they have to go deep into the pen he could get a longer leash tonight.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@Seahawktom said...

The Padres have been world beaters lately, has anyone been watching??? what a sad sack Arrieta was last night, getting pummeled in a pitchers ballpark by the supposed “farm team” Padres who have been lighting people up left and right, home and away

Scored 2 runs on Friday and 1 run on Saturday.

• hobbes2d

Clayton Richard FTW tonight. Perfect pivot off chalk Reid-Foley. I actually really like RF but sounds like he will be uber chalk and we know Royals can be annoying like a lot of these other bad offenses people always say to attack against only to have your P struggle to get deep into the game and only have like 4 Ks.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).