7:20 PM EST : NY Mets ( 122 ) at Atlanta ( -132 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( -302 ) at Chi Sox ( 272 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 112 ) at Milwaukee ( -122 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : St. Louis ( -204 ) at Kansas City ( 187 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 113 ) at Colorado ( -123 ) —- T: 12
    9:45 PM EST : Oakland ( 108 ) at SF Giants ( -116 ) —- T: 8
    10:07 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 160 ) at LA Angels ( -174 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -120 ) at San Diego ( 111 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• noddy

Do you stack in gpps on a full slate?

• prime21

Quintana has been pitching pretty well lately. I’m wary of starting him at Philly but every time I shy away he pitches well.

Hmm

• Njsum1

@prime21 said...

Quintana has been pitching pretty well lately. I’m wary of starting him at Philly but every time I shy away he pitches well.

Hmm

That means have some but not too much

• monarch

I think Chase Anderson (gross) might be able to score near Quintana for considerably less. Lots of traps out there though…especially Tyson Ross

• CJtheGrump

Who’s scoring 20 runs today?

• lovpink

G. Torres is averaging a HR a game Vrs Balt

• mr_papageorgio

@monarch said...

I think Chase Anderson (gross) might be able to score near Quintana for considerably less. Lots of traps out there though…especially Tyson Ross

No Cruz, no DH, and Twins are lefty heavy vs Chase’s reverse splits. He’s definitely in play at his price on DK.

• Danielv22

Dustin May just became the chalkiest pitcher of the night on FD and Yahoo. Should be highly owned on DK too

• monarch

@Danielv22 said...

Dustin May just became the chalkiest pitcher of the night on FD and Yahoo. Should be highly owned on DK too

Nice. I like Flaherty 9k, May 7.5 and Anderson 5.8k. Flaherty so hot but Soler, Dozier so good vs RHP.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Not opposed to Anderson. Will have to wait and see that Twins line up. If they’re smart, they’ll start Garver, Cron, Sano, and Schoop. Combine those 4 power RHB’s, with the talents of Kepler and Polanco and I’d have close to no interest.

• BigPod

Hou/Chw game scratched from DK main slate

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@BigPod said...

Hou/Chw game scratched from DK main slate

Good. I was actually thinking of using Nova.

• TnCowboy

First gut yesterday saw me 100% Keller and 100% NYY/TOR stacks while fading Coors and the road weary Angels.
    By 1st pitch, I was 100% Coors/Angels (5-3) stacks and cashed 1 of 12 lineups.

Today’s 1st was STL/PHIL bats, but now I’m trapped 2nd guessing myself.
    #DFSProblems

• shades

Definitely like some Cards bats against Sparkman mixed in with Yanks,Rockies or Stros.

• timgodd375

Who will be the chalkiest pitchers? Sale, Flaherty, May?

• yisman

I lost my fanduel streak last night

thanks Suarez….

only contest I saw was single entry so that’s what I entered. On past days I had been doing 6+ lineups and mixing in different pitchers (I’m normally a 1-2 lineup guy but for streak I wanted to maximize my chance of surviving).

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@timgodd375 said...

Who will be the chalkiest pitchers? Sale, Flaherty, May?

Probably. May will likely be highest owned. I’m sure they’re all in the top 5 at least.

• CJtheGrump

I’m always tempted on a slate like this to try to go with cheaper pitchers (there are many decent options available) and chase bigger bats. I think that’s a trap though.

Still, my math is something like “pass up on an extra 15 pts from the pitcher for 2 or 3 bats with the potential for an extra 10+ pts each”

• mr_papageorgio

@CJtheGrump said...

I’m always tempted on a slate like this to try to go with cheaper pitchers (there are many decent options available) and chase bigger bats. I think that’s a trap though.

Still, my math is something like “pass up on an extra 15 pts from the pitcher for 2 or 3 bats with the potential for an extra 10+ pts each”

Just go with May and a stud and you still have $4k ish left per bat. Plenty of room to fit in a few expensive bats.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Anyone else’s gut saying Indians and BoSox will shoot out?

• Njsum1

@CJtheGrump said...

Unless you’re only playing 1 high dollar lineup, and have to choose, I’d make a couple lineups each way. 1 way isn’t better than the other if you’re looking for ceiling. (2 better pitchers “might” be “safer” as in “should” give you a higher floor, doesn’t mean it will though).

It all depends on what happens that night. And if you knew what would happen going in, you wouldn’t be on this message board, you’d be on a beach somewhere sipping pina colada’s from a coconut. 🥥😎

• madmanjayWV

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone else’s gut saying Indians and BoSox will shoot out?

Let’s just put it this way —- yesterday I was on EddyFraud and Joey Suckchesi —- I stuck to my guns, including #AYDS SUAREZ on FD, and obviously that didn’t work out well.

FIRST SHOT today on DK is Chris Sale and KIKUCHI with a 5-man BOSTON STACK….means CLEVINGER no-hitter prolly. No reason to use a Boston stack vs. CLEVINGER, but why not, it’s beisbol.

MAY is a hard fade – I might do one more LU here and there with him. Kinda like MAD BUM on FD at least. Gotta hit the road for work in a spell so won’t be around for lock, gotta play super light and hope for the best.

But no, I don’t expect the TRIBE to do anything but get dominated tonight — so STACK ‘em UP!

P.S.— I should say MAY is a near impossible fade for minimum price on YAHOO tho.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@madmanjayWV said...

FIRST SHOT today on DK is Chris Sale and KIKUCHI with a 5-man BOSTON STACK….means CLEVINGER no-hitter prolly. No reason to use a Boston stack vs. CLEVINGER, but why not, it’s beisbol.

Clevinger is legit. His xFIP is lower than his ERA and he’s still been dominant. Take away the 6/17 and 6/28 starts that were around injuries and the numbers are even more gaudy. The thing is, other than the Twins who either seem to hit HR’s in bunches or do squat his competition has been trash.

Angels, Jays, Tigers, White Sox and Royals are his elite starts and that accounts for 7 of the 11. Take away the 2 injury starts and that’s almost the entirety of his work.

This is a guy who basically just throws a fastball and a slider, obviously they’re pitched very well, to RHB’s, and Betts, JD, and Bogaerts are perfectly capable of crushing each pitch. He mixes in a change and a curve to LHB’s, and Devers crushes change ups while Moreland crushes curves. Of course they can all hit fastball.

I don’t know, I think I just sold myself on the BoSox.

The Indians seem to own Sale. Sale has melted down plenty this year.

Sale has 5 starts in 16/17/18 against the Tribe. Combines for 21 2/3 innings, 24 runs, 33 hits, and 6 HR’s. I know the only constants he’ll really see from that whole time frame are Lindor, J-Ram, and Kipnis, but Lindor and J-Ram hit him well.

• madmanjayWV

All valid points and it’s exactly the reason why peeps who MAX ENTER still will have shares of X-SALE, b/c that’s how you play the game.

Man, I almost wanted to go Flaherty in a LU vs. KC — but said heck with it and did an Alex Gordon 1-off instead. Gotta make tough decisions with one or few lineups!

Trying to envision what’s going to happen on slates like this is what makes the game fun.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

It all depends on what happens that night. And if you knew what would happen going in, you wouldn’t be on this message board, you’d be on a beach somewhere sipping pina colada’s from a coconut. 🥥😎

I’m doing both.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.