7:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -144 ) at Philadelphia ( 133 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Miami ( -171 ) at Cincinnati ( 157 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 165 ) at Cleveland ( -180 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -133 ) at Atlanta ( 123 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( 102 ) at Kansas City ( -110 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 101 ) at LA Angels ( -109 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -105 ) at San Diego ( -103 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : NY Mets ( 145 ) at SF Giants ( -157 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• gravitymaze

Anyway so as it stands my lineups with no research and just just choosing did not make it to break even. I usually just play one lu with research and got frustrated. Have to wait until the weekend to do more research and sadly need to play more than one lu. Just too many outcomes to factor.

• gravitymaze

But for the record played a few more today already with the same method to see what happens.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

looking back on the past 3 years or so, although i’ve been a postive earner each of those 3 years, what an utter waste of time this has been. of course hindsight is 20/20. I’m just glad it’s over.

• gravitymaze

Not sure if that was addressed to me but I never look up to the 8 million lu people. Woopty doo. In the end the people selling the pickaxe during the goldrush are the only ones making the consistent money.

• gravitymaze

js

• depalma13

Pitching is just throwing darts right now.

Got lucky to almost break even last night because I needed a cheap pitcher and Lopez was only $5100.

• CJtheGrump

Don’t know how, but I cashed in a double up.

• wwhis

There will be a pickaxe rush leading up to NFL 9-11 and the loss of money by new buyers will equal a stock market crash. This time last year I was buying my pickaxe. I still have it but the handle is shorter and the axe severely chipped. I have learned to be prudent where I choose to dig.

• CJtheGrump

Just to add insult to injury from last night – the highest possible scoring lineup on DK would have left 12.4K on the table and scored 281.3 points. And JJ Hardy was your highest scoring hitter at 3.1K with 37 points.

This is just out of a spreadsheet I do each night trying to nail down my own system for projections. The next morning, I grab the stats and paste them in to see how my picks did. Then I grab all of the highest scoring players at each position and stick them into a lineup regardless of price to see what the highest possible score was. I’ve been doing this for about a month and only twice has the highest scoring lineup exceeded the cap.

P Dillon Gee 4200 28.15
    P Reynaldo Lopez 5100 36.15
    C Ramon Cabrera 2200 21
    1B Chris Davis 4500 28
    2B Jean Segura 5300 23
    3B Eduardo Nunez 3500 32
    SS J.J. Hardy 3100 37
    OF Justin Ruggiano 2000 28
    OF Travis Jankowski 4000 25
    OF Hyun Soo Kim 3700 23

Points 281.3
    Total 37600
    Remaining 12400

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

man, went to bed after the Ruggiano homer assuming my 2nd night in a row of good profit was over but I was wrong. MadBum still go the win and my exposure to the Az/SD game along with the rest of my pitching on Shoemaker carried me. High of 193 on FD was good for 37th in the Stolen Base thanks to the contrarian pads/phillies stack.

Think I’ll have to play again tonight. Haven’t played baseball 3 night in a row since May, I believe, or first week of June. But maybe it’s my time to win back those early season losses when I blew my some of my NHL profit. Up $68 last 2 days

• Vanco

@CJtheGrump said...

Just to add insult to injury from last night – the highest possible scoring lineup on DK would have left 12.4K on the table and scored 281.3 points. And JJ Hardy was your highest scoring hitter at 3.1K with 37 points.

I know I’ve lost many points by paying up for a bigger bat after I set my lineup. “Love this lineup but I can’t leave 8k on the floor” I would say.

• Olhausen

@gravitymaze said...

Pretty clear mlb wants 13-8 games and not 1-0 games. Does anyone have a stat on multiple homerun games in a year? Its like someone everyday has one.

If they really wanted that they would not have cleaned up the steroids.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).