7:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 169 ) at NY Yankees ( -185 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -179 ) at Pittsburgh ( 164 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( 120 ) at Atlanta ( -130 ) —- T: 10
    7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -211 ) at Miami ( 191 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : Houston ( -162 ) at Colorado ( 148 ) —- T: 12.5
    9:10 PM EST : Texas ( 106 ) at San Diego ( -114 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 152 ) at Oakland ( -166 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -220 ) at Seattle ( 199 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• prime21

Patrick Sandoval? Tommy Milone? any one like their chances today? White Sox going with a rookie today too, Dunning.

• RudyPujols

Heard a guy on MLB Radio refer to Rich Hill as the Wooderson (McConaughey in Dazed and Confused) of tonight’s pitching slate.

He keeps getting older and these other pitchers stay the same age…

• jayzee666

The REAPER is feasting on pitchers the last few days.
    Mills/Flaherty today.
    Anyone that sucked the last few days.

This is logical as he was teasing me with cashing today until the last game.

• ifthethunder

‘The wind is blowing in at Wrigley,’ I says to meself. I’ll play both pitchers from that game, and stack the Phillies, I wisely concluded.

Not going so well at the moment, but I did save money on my car insurance. Also, have two homers from Randal Grichuk (so far).
    ~

• stellagirl

What I am about to present is based on WAY too little data, it is probably statistically insignificant, but, interesting nonetheless:

- Oracle Park is usually a bottom third (and even sometimes dead last) park in terms of “favoring the batter” (ESPNMLB Park Factors”) This year: 4th best hitters ballpark, despite the mediocre offense that plays there. Outfield reconfiguration impact? Perhaps not playing the few few colder months on the schedule?

- Wind blowing out to dead center at 17 MPH, WeatherEdge giving bumps to bats

- LAA with the highest FB% rate of any road team heading into tonight – sets up nicely…

- LAA also with the second LOWEST BABIP of any road team heading into tonight – positive regression starting tonight?

Now, Cueto is an “OK” pitcher and the Angles have some other questionable batted ball numbers (primarily, hard hit %, which is low-ish). SO it doesn’t all line up, but some interesting (to me, at least) stuff in play there.

• ifthethunder

@jayzee666 said...

Mills/Flaherty today.

So it was all your fault! I shoulda known!
    ~

• thedkexperience

@stellagirl said...

What I am about to present is based on WAY too little data, it is probably statistically insignificant, but, interesting nonetheless:

- Oracle Park is usually a bottom third (and even sometimes dead last) park in terms of “favoring the batter” (ESPNMLB Park Factors”) This year: 4th best hitters ballpark, despite the mediocre offense that plays there. Outfield reconfiguration impact? Perhaps not playing the few few colder months on the schedule?

- Wind blowing out to dead center at 17 MPH, WeatherEdge giving bumps to bats

- LAA with the highest FB% rate of any road team heading into tonight – sets up nicely…

- LAA also with the second LOWEST BABIP of any road team heading into tonight – positive regression starting tonight?

Now, Cueto is an “OK” pitcher and the Angles have some other questionable batted ball numbers (primarily, hard hit %, which is low-ish). SO it doesn’t all line up, but some interesting (to me, at least) stuff in play there.

RE – Oracle Park, Park Factors

1 – small sample size

2 – even with the small sample size park factors are outrageously over valued. Please note that Barry Bonds played his home games at that stadium and did just fine. A few years ago people were trying to claim that Citizen’s Bank Park was no longer hitter friendly when in reality the Phillies just had no homerun hitters. The way these guys mash homers nowadays you’re better off just completely ignoring the park or at best using it as a tie breaker. When you can hit it out of Yellowstone…

3 – all due respect, literally because you’re one of my favorite forumers, you don’t have to think so hard. Just find cheap players in LR or RL matchups and play guess the homer.

Edit – 4 – here’s a GIF of a puppy.

Edit 2 – 5 – Petco has been just as bad of a hitters park since it opened as SF. Tatis leads the world in homers.

• frugal

Anyone looking at Dunning tonight? Inviting salary but more often than not these things end up biting me. We trust the weather in ATL tonight?

• stellagirl

LOL. Appropriate GIF, my 10 week old pup is laying on the floor at my feet.

I know, I know, small sample size. I SAID that from the start! What pains me about a 60 game season is I dont have the 120-162 games at the end where I can actually fall back to a reasonable sample size.

Just having fun with numbers!!

…..But I do like 4 LAA bats in particular…

Guess the home run?

• thedkexperience

@frugal said...

Anyone looking at Dunning tonight? Inviting salary but more often than not these things end up biting me. We trust the weather in ATL tonight?

In a slate with Cole and DeGrom there’s no way I’m getting cute. I might not use both but you gotta imagine one or the other will be in most lineups so you’re playing with fire if you aren’t gunning for 60 DK points from your two pitcher spots.

That said Detroit has a terrible offense so I get targeting them but be real, Dunning is a highly regarded rookie making his MLB debut without the benefit of live games in the minors. Sounds like a recipe for 3.1 innings pitched. I don’t start people I don’t think can get to 6.

• thedkexperience

@stellagirl said...

LOL. Appropriate GIF, my 10 week old pup is laying on the floor at my feet.

I know, I know, small sample size. I SAID that from the start! What pains me about a 60 game season is I dont have the 120-162 games at the end where I can actually fall back to a reasonable sample size.

Just having fun with numbers!!

…..But I do like 4 LAA bats in particular…

Guess the home run?

With Cueto on the mound the only Angels I’d consider would be LaStella, Ohtani and only Trout if I happen to have a ridiculous amount of cap left over and there isn’t a similarly talented guy like Blackmon in a better spot.

Just starting my build now, but that’s the way I see it. I love Rendon in general, great player, but if I’m paying all star prices at 3B I’m gonna find a guy in a RL or LR matchup, not RR.

• homers1226

didnt go no were today,to hung over

2nd place in stl vs cubs showdown

woot

• homers1226

schwaber never does jack shit when i play him

• thedkexperience

@homers1226 said...

schwaber never does jack shit when i play him

He’s an infuriating player yet as his price goes lower and lower you should just keep on trotting him out there when he faces a righty. The homers will come.

• homers1226

damn it

• homers1226

welll ,at least i have some play $

• homers1226

keep eye out on wong

hes getting hot

• dsoglin33

I get Maldanados hot but is anyone paying 5100 for him? 😂

• hithisisnom

I want to play a Tigers stack so much so…probably I will. Definitely not an optimal play but they’re cheap enough that it’s probably decently close to optimal. Chalky rookie who could struggle for any number of reasons? Why not throw that dart at something like 2 percent ownership.

• homers1226

who knows its baseball

• dw12290

Any thoughts on Mize making his MLB debut tonight for Detroit? The White Sox have a 19.3 K-BB% vs RHP this year and if he doesn’t fall apart in the 1st or 2nd could end up make it going 5 or 6 innings with quite a few K’s. Of course he could get shelled so there’s that.

• homers1226

give my $ dk

• dsoglin33

Like the ARI 1-3. Locastro and the Marte’s are a cheap stack

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@dw12290 said...

Any thoughts on Mize making his MLB debut tonight for Detroit? The White Sox have a 19.3 K-BB% vs RHP this year and if he doesn’t fall apart in the 1st or 2nd could end up make it going 5 or 6 innings with quite a few K’s. Of course he could get shelled so there’s that.

As a Tigers fan, I want nothing more than to have Mize come out and dominate in his debut and look like the future ace of the staff hes supposed to be. Just really dicey. Rather find the money to get up to Sandoval or Lopez really. He himself isn’t a huge strikeout guy, so even though the Sox K at a decent rate I just doubt there’s huge inflation there.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@dsoglin33 said...

Like the ARI 1-3. Locastro and the Marte’s are a cheap stack

D-Backs are WAY too cheap.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.