7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 184 ) at Cleveland ( -201 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Miami ( -115 ) at Chi Cubs ( 106 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 143 ) at Houston ( -155 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -120 ) at Colorado ( 111 ) —- T: 11
    9:40 PM EST : Washington ( -145 ) at Arizona ( 134 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 138 ) at LA Angels ( -150 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Boston ( -163 ) at Seattle ( 150 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -120 ) at San Diego ( 111 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Brandon6385

Lots of good pitching options today…

• KillaChap

Sanchez for the GPP W!

• lastcallcasualty

So does anyone finally want to accept the fact that 95% of MLB fantasy baseball is all luck after Kepler hits 3 dongs of Salazar? Come on people…. Skill /Research my butt Joboo….

• chicomaple

Makes you wonder that’s for sure. I didn’t have Duffy or Kepler in any of my lineups – went to bed early.

• KillaChap

@lastcallcasualty said...

So does anyone finally want to accept the fact that 95% of MLB fantasy baseball is all luck after Kepler hits 3 dongs of Salazar? Come on people…. Skill /Research my butt Joboo….

As Billy Zane once said; “a real man makes his own luck.”

• nklotz

Some pricey arms tonight at the top, not sure how to approach this one…

• pick6er

I’ll agree with the rest. Appears tonight will be won on the mound. It’s a dice roll to me fellas! Fernandez had 13 K’s his last outing vs CHC, that’s appealing. Robbie Ray as my bargain pitcher? I would be all over Tanaka had NYM not rolled out deGrom and lowered the odds of a W. I’ll continue to scratch my head until lineup lock.

• lastcallcasualty

@pick6er said...

I’ll agree with the rest. Appears tonight will be won on the mound. It’s a dice roll to me fellas! Fernandez had 13 K’s his last outing vs CHC, that’s appealing. Robbie Ray as my bargain pitcher? I would be all over Tanaka had NYM not rolled out deGrom and lowered the odds of a W. I’ll continue to scratch my head until lineup lock.

I like Straley, Perdomo and Gray for my low priced guys. Thoughts?

• doctor_doom

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Kepler is an extremely talented hitter. No luck is involved.

• Vanco

There’s Schimpf-kabobs, Schimpf creole, Schimpf gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple Schimpf, lemon Schimpf, coconut Schimpf, pepper Schimpf, Schimpf soup, Schimpf stew, Schimpf salad, Schimpf and potatoes, Schimpf burger, Schimpf sandwich. That, that’s about it.

Schimpf

• feekdogg

@doctor_doom said...

The Morning Grind guys said he’s this year’s Kirk Niewenhuis. He’s got a dozen HRs over the last month. He looks more like a star in the making than a one game fluke.

• ASitar

David Price looks like my higher priced pitcher that allows good enough bate (Miggy) without having to reach. Is Joc worth paying that much for, even if it is in Colorado? Dahl too?

• KillaChap

@ASitar said...

David Price looks like my higher priced pitcher that allows good enough bate (Miggy) without having to reach. Is Joc worth paying that much for, even if it is in Colorado? Dahl too?

I don’t know why but today just doesn’t inspire me much for Coors which I think is reflected in their lower than usual pricing. Of course that also creates a way to get a lot of their bats. Decisions…

• Lathum

Nope.

It is like poker and you have to factor in variance. On any given day I can play Phil Ivey heads up and win, but if we played every day for a year I have zero chance of winning.

Same concept for DFS. Even the best guys go 0-5 and the best pitchers get lit up, but if you do solid research and make solid plays you can do well over time.

IT is also human nature to remember the bad losses and not the good wins.

• TheRealJosh5

@doctor_doom said...

sure is, he’s already had a 2 HR game a few weeks ago also.

• Dabordietryin

Perdomo tonight? 57.6% ground ball rate and 25% strikeout rate against RHB. That sounds like he has some potential tonight for sure

• jayzee666

@TheRealJosh5 said...

sure is, he’s already had a 2 HR game a few weeks ago also.

Back on July 2nd. Seems a HR every 5 games or so. Seems to be a good hitter, 1st time with more than hits and 1 HR in a while. Lots of players like him. Just hope you play him when he goes crazy again.

• txdave41

Max didn’t surprise me that much. He ranks high on my ISO and Hard Contact% sheet. However, there was no excuse for Cruz and Franklin to be that bad against a weak lefty pitcher. You can’t trust Boston or Ortiz either.

• xdan3220

@Dabordietryin said...

Perdomo tonight? 57.6% ground ball rate and 25% strikeout rate against RHB. That sounds like he has some potential tonight for sure

Fangraphs has his K rate against righties at only 19% and his GB rate at 63%, I do like him tonight though

• BUFUu2

What you guys think about Houston tonight I have a good feeling about them.

• Lathum

@txdave41 said...

Max didn’t surprise me that much. He ranks high on my ISO and Hard Contact% sheet. However, there was no excuse for Cruz and Franklin to be that bad against a weak lefty pitcher. You can’t trust Boston or Ortiz either.

That Cruz K with the bases loaded last nigh in the 8th was brutal. I had him and Paxton. Cruz gets even a walk there and it is likely worth 18.5 FD points which would have skyrocketed me.

• mvthree

Anyone like Eflin at home tonight? Cheap and pitches great at home. Limited upside so stritcly speaking on cash games.

• Clyde

Right there with ya, Lathum…just a walk would have put me into the money…and I had Lee coming up right behind him… if they don’t hit for Lee, which they didn’t do the time before when he drove in a run…

• jess701

I have been playing kepler forabout 3 days did me goodbhadd to watch mlb channel that helped me decide.

• xdan3220

@mvthree said...

Anyone like Eflin at home tonight? Cheap and pitches great at home. Limited upside so stritcly speaking on cash games.

I don’t see it for him tonight, the price is tempting but only scored 12.5 against SF in SF with 1 k in 6 innings without giving up a run or much baserunners, Philly is more hitter friendly park so don’t see him keeping SF scoreless and the K’s aren’t likely in this one and definitely not a win against Bum don’t think he makes sense tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler