7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -112 ) at Miami ( 104 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 109 ) at Boston ( -118 ) —- T: 10
    8:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 130 ) at Chi Cubs ( -141 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -104 ) at Texas ( -104 ) —- T: 11
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 185 ) at Houston ( -202 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( 138 ) at Colorado ( -150 ) —- T: 12.5
    10:07 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 174 ) at LA Angels ( -190 ) —- T: 9
    10:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 117 ) at SF Giants ( -127 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Early Slate on FD

Tanaka, Happ, or Perdomo. I might go Perdomo over Happ for the lower ownership.

And I might go more Perdomo than Tanaka due to there being a few Tigers I like today. But I still think Tanaka has enough upside to be the highest scoring pitcher on the slate even if he gives up 3-4 runs.

• 7klub06

I think everyone will be on Tanaka today. But then again there isnt that much to pick from the early slate pitchers. Definitely will have some Happ and Perdomo exposure.
    May shake things up and throw Santana in a LU just to be different

• fenway2015

main slate keuchel and ramirez as pitchers on dk

• Ibleedblue1

I got 3 tickets to the enormous Monster on FD tonight. Here is hoping for a min cash!

• raymond333

I’m thinking Tanaka over Perdomo, but not sure. Any opinions on that? I guess Happ is in the mix too, but I’m thinking after Tanaka or Perdomo, but not sure.

For stacks, Judge and Frazier screwed me bad last night with 0’s. So the question is, do I trust my yankees today, or steer clear lol. I’m still learning baseball a bit, but I know you can’t go on what they did the night before (well most of the times).

So any opinions? My first gut is to stack TOR, and I’d like to say a couple NYY too, but not sure. What are you guys thinking for the early slate? I’m just going to do a small $2 quin on FD, as I got screwed last night, and usually can hit a quin on an early slate.

Any guidance is appreciated.

• superjon

I like a TOR stack and then a mix of bats from all teams except MIN

• coachzimmer

Detroit and Padres stack will win today . Yankees and Toronto will be massively owned so the tournament play is any one but those 2 teams if u get lucky and Detroit and Padres go off your ahead of 50 percent of the field

• coachzimmer

Tanaka can struggle against right hand power occasionally too also he’s not facing a Tampa team that’s strikes out 25 percent of the time either

• 7klub06

@raymond333 said...

I’m thinking Tanaka over Perdomo, but not sure. Any opinions on that? I guess Happ is in the mix too, but I’m thinking after Tanaka or Perdomo, but not sure.

For stacks, Judge and Frazier screwed me bad last night with 0’s. So the question is, do I trust my yankees today, or steer clear lol. I’m still learning baseball a bit, but I know you can’t go on what they did the night before (well most of the times).

So any opinions? My first gut is to stack TOR, and I’d like to say a couple NYY too, but not sure. What are you guys thinking for the early slate? I’m just going to do a small $2 quin on FD, as I got screwed last night, and usually can hit a quin on an early slate.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Judge lol is a joke right now.
    I would go with Didi over him. Frazier next

• coachzimmer

I don’t think I have rostered judge in like 2 months his price is a joke your right

• moped_jones

For the main slate I like Suter/Keuchel & Suter/Arrieta

I think David Murphy is really under priced today on both FD & DK.Puig has really good numbers against Teheran + Terheran sucks at home + Puig has been playing pretty well lately and is quietly having a decent season. Going back to the well with Josh Bell tonight ($3800 on DK). Bellinger is fairly cheap (for him) on DK

My Pelfrey experiment tanked last night. Got 5 pts out of him. I think all the runs he gave up were with two outs. He was 3.9% owned in the GPP I played but it wouldn’t have mattered b/c my lineup of all stars got me about 70 pts total (on FD). 25 of those came from Cano.So the were pretty much garbage.

Is it NBA season yet? Hell, I’ll even take football?

• raymond333

@7klub06 said...

Judge lol is a joke right now.
    I would go with Didi over him. Frazier next

Lol, I was just going to say the same thing….I’m thinking a TOR and NYY stack, just not Judge or Sanchez lol (another one I dont get why FD has him as the top priced player). I was thinking Didi and Frazier, maybe even Gardner. And watch, Judge will go crazy and knock like 3 out of the park lol.

But Coachzimmer brings up a good point about chalkiness. Do you really feel a Padres/Detroit stack could do something? I know they would be less owned, but not sure if I feel comfortable stacking them over TOR and NYY….but again, MLB is my weakness out of all sports, so thanks again for this dialogue, and I appreciate the posts and opinions.

• superjon

@raymond333 said...

Lol, I was just going to say the same thing….I’m thinking a TOR and NYY stack, just not Judge or Sanchez lol (another one I dont get why FD has him as the top priced player). I was thinking Didi and Frazier, maybe even Gardner. And watch, Judge will go crazy and knock like 3 out of the park lol.

But Coachzimmer brings up a good point about chalkiness. Do you really feel a Padres/Detroit stack could do something? I know they would less owned, but not sure if I feel comfortable stacking them over TOR and NYY….but again, MLB is my weakness out of all sports, so thanks again for this dialogue, and I appreciate the posts and opinions.

Judge is definitely in play. Fade him if you want though.

Detroit and San Diego are both in play but I don’t think as full stacks. Maybe 1 or 2 from one and or the other

The real low owned guys will come from the White Sox.

Yolmer Sanchez will be in the winning line up.

• coachzimmer

I think Ervin gets rocked as well

• hpatel1089

Do I go Judge/Pillar or Gardner/Pearce or Bautista for early slate FD GPP

• yisman

not exactly sure how, but I almost broke even on DK yesterday despite Manaea and Scherzer being in almost all my lineups (one lineup for each slate). Oh, and I had Fiers in an 8 PM regular lineup so that was also bad.

my best lineup was for the turbo 8 PM ET arcade and no contests were open so it got entered into only the freeroll.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/42726025?uc=792068239

• 7klub06

Man decisions decisions

• cbsharpe

@moped_jones said...

For the main slate I like Suter/Keuchel & Suter/Arrieta

I think David Murphy is really under priced today on both FD & DK.Puig has really good numbers against Teheran + Terheran sucks at home + Puig has been playing pretty well lately and is quietly having a decent season. Going back to the well with Josh Bell tonight ($3800 on DK). Bellinger is fairly cheap (for him) on DK

My Pelfrey experiment tanked last night. Got 5 pts out of him. I think all the runs he gave up were with two outs. He was 3.9% owned in the GPP I played but it wouldn’t have mattered b/c my lineup of all stars got me about 70 pts total (on FD). 25 of those came from Cano.So the were pretty much garbage.

Is it NBA season yet? Hell, I’ll even take football?

I definitely can’t wait until football season starts….

• TJF74

Tanaka is awful during day games. 0-5 with a 14.81 ERA. I think he’s a fade today with the weather concerns.

• raymond333

@superjon said...

Judge is definitely in play. Fade him if you want though.

Detroit and San Diego are both in play but I don’t think as full stacks. Maybe 1 or 2 from one and or the other

The real low owned guys will come from the White Sox.

Yolmer Sanchez will be in the winning line up.

Ok cool, this is more or less what I have set now. A few TOR and a couple NYY, and I do have sanchez at 2nd….actually him and Smith I have in, just to get a little exposure there.

I like Pillar and Pearce too….question, for NYY OF (man I want to put Judge in, but he’s let me down too much lately, but its bugs the shit out of me if I dont play him and he kills it lol). So would you all go Judge…or if not, M Holiday, Frazier, or Gardner?

• raymond333

Ah man, weather not looking too good in NY. Said it could be delayed, and even a small chance of a PPD. Damn, maybe I shouldnt play this slate lol.

Because NYY a risk, so I’d have to stack TOR, and a few from Chicago, and hope NYY doesnt go off. Decisions decisions lol.

• raymond333

You guys still lining up NYY? Damn, this is cutting it close too lol.

• migarvin99

lineup of all stars got me about 70 pts total (on FD). 25 of those came from Cano.So the were pretty much garbage.

Great lesson to learned moped. Can’t even tell you how many times my all star OF gets outscored combined by one scrub.

• yisman

delay is official, it won’t start on time.

• yisman

I would have used Tanaka, but with the weather, I think I’ll pivot off him in the arcade, at least.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.