7:45 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -111 ) at St. Louis ( 102 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : SF Giants ( 178 ) at Chi Cubs ( -194 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 193 ) at Minnesota ( -211 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 264 ) at Houston ( -293 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 137 ) at Arizona ( -148 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -134 ) at Oakland ( 124 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 276 ) at LA Dodgers ( -305 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

@ASitar said...

Is Aaron Sanchez a free square at $6,800? Seems a bit low. Hamels is way cheap too, but I think I’m going Gray at SP1 w a Dodgers stack. Oh, and Grisham is $2,800 again.

I like Sanchez, Pineda, Quantrill as of now

• mr_papageorgio

@ASitar said...

Is Aaron Sanchez a free square at $6,800? Seems a bit low. Hamels is way cheap too, but I think I’m going Gray at SP1 w a Dodgers stack. Oh, and Grisham is $2,800 again.

If there’s a free square today it’s Beeks just due to his price. Sanchez is in a good spot too but his walks scare me.

• athairuammit11

Is the key to MLB dfs is just stack 1 team and take the Ls waiting for the 13 run game hah?

• emnj69

@athairuammit11 said...

Is the key to MLB dfs is just stack 1 team and take the Ls waiting for the 13 run game hah?

key to mlb is do the exact opposite of what I do-
    key to NFL is follow me to the moneyy

• monarch

@athairuammit11 said...

No because when you eventually hit that team the likelihood is that your LU will not be all that unique and 5 to 10 percent of the field would have stacked that team as well that particular night and your cash will not be enough to offset the month long losing streak that came before that hit

• dbullsfan

This showdown slate is tilting I have a Trout captain, Regnifo captain, and Heaney captain teams but none are cashing because they don’t have the right combos

• depalma13

@athairuammit11 said...

No, you stack the bottom of the order against the three best pitchers on each slate. You will lose 97% of the time, but when you hit, you win big.

• mr_papageorgio

Cleveland has been better and much healthier as of late but they have a history of laying eggs on the road and/or against lefties. Matz at home at $6800 could be the play.

• telestraightshooter

@depalma13 said...

No, you stack the bottom of the order against the three best pitchers on each slate. You will lose 97% of the time, but when you hit, you win big.

See Seattle yesterday vs 84% chalk McKay
    ‘xcept Murphy & Nola bat 5 /3

• hithisisnom

Talk me out of 5.8 K Alex Young going against a mediocre Colorado offense with a 4.3 implied run total

• RatedDAL

@hithisisnom said...

Talk me out of 5.8 K Alex Young going against a mediocre Colorado offense with a 4.3 implied run total

I never play that guy but his last outing he fit my build perfectly against San Fran.

I’m back to never using that guy again. I would rather stack Rockies than use him.

• telestraightshooter

@monarch said...

Ya…there’s 30 teams tonight. In the rare event Archer gives up four bombs (which he hasn’t been) the Nats people will still be fighting amongst themselves to win a tournament.

truth to that – the perfect LU on 8.19 has only 2 ‘nats

• tmarohl

@ASitar said...

Yeah, but Grisham won’t play tonight. Cain will be back and Braun was off yesterday.

• ASitar

Quick question – why are the Dodgers priced down? Not a LOT, but enough to be noticeable. I like Turner/Muncy/Bellinger with a team total of around 6?

• athairuammit11

@monarch said...

No because when you eventually hit that team the likelihood is that your LU will not be all that unique and 5 to 10 percent of the field would have stacked that team as well that particular night and your cash will not be enough to offset the month long losing streak that came before that hit

I cant wait for football lmao.. baseball is becoming annoying

• athairuammit11

So stack Seattle again?

• dbullsfan

Someone give me a good reason not to play Tom Murphy still only at 4100

• monarch

@ASitar said...

Quick question – why are the Dodgers priced down? Not a LOT, but enough to be noticeable. I like Turner/Muncy/Bellinger with a team total of around 6?

Not sure…we will find out around 11. I’ve got a five man with two other 5k+ players as my main LU construction

• dbullsfan

@ASitar said...

I had to double check to make sure there wasn’t a different J. Pederson I know he has been struggling but he is cheap

• ASitar

Goldschmodt, Adams or Nola?

• ASitar

@dbullsfan said...

Someone give me a good reason not to play Tom Murphy still only at 4100

Thanks for the heads up. I had Wellington at C to go w my Goins (who is 6-14 w 3 2bs vs Pineda) but I put Murphy at C, kept Goldy at 1b, kept Goins at SS, Bellinger/Trout in OF, rounded out w Lopes.

• monarch

Dodgers did not put out a great LU so I’m gonna drop a couple of them. Joc batting 8th…no Matt Beatty. Not what I was hoping for

• ASitar

@monarch said...

Dodgers did not put out a great LU so I’m gonna drop a couple of them. Joc batting 8th…no Matt Beatty. Not what I was hoping for

But Will Smith batting 3rd. I have enough to move to him from Murphy. Already have Muncy/Bellinger. Need to replace Turner now though.

• wpatrigo

As much as I loved Sonny Gray and the spot he was in, I think there is too much risk on a 15 game slate for a postponed to play him with this weather.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@wpatrigo said...

As much as I loved Sonny Gray and the spot he was in, I think there is too much risk on a 15 game slate for a postponed to play him with this weather.

I think the play after a delay. I’m more concerned about the misty dongs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler