7:45 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -111 ) at St. Louis ( 102 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : SF Giants ( 178 ) at Chi Cubs ( -194 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 193 ) at Minnesota ( -211 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 264 ) at Houston ( -293 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 137 ) at Arizona ( -148 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -134 ) at Oakland ( 124 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 276 ) at LA Dodgers ( -305 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

@monarch said...

Dodgers did not put out a great LU so I’m gonna drop a couple of them. Joc batting 8th…no Matt Beatty. Not what I was hoping for

Now that I think about it though, I’m leaning swapping Muncy for Flores and Marte for Bellinger.

• mr_papageorgio

Joc batting 8th isn’t ideal but I remember a few weeks ago I didn’t play Schwarber vs the Brewers because he was batting 8th and he drove in 7 with two dongs that day so yeah. If you liked Joc before he’s still a good play, maybe a slight downgrade due to the batting order but he’s still $3800 against a bad pitcher and worse bullpen and this may just mean he has more RBI chances tonight.

• wpatrigo

@Pandamonious said...

I think the play after a delay. I’m more concerned about the misty dongs.

It’s tough to fade him because he’s right in that sub 10k dk salary sweet spot that allows you to build a stack, have a decent sp2 and not punt entirely on a guy like Brinson.

If I go up to Strasburg at 10400, I end up punting for an outfielder, unless I just go real far down and play Alex Young. If I go down to Pineda from Gray as my Sp1, I think I leave too much upside on the table with the number of aces going

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@wpatrigo said...

It’s tough to fade him because he’s right in that sub 10k dk salary sweet spot that allows you to build a stack, have a decent sp2 and not punt entirely on a guy like Brinson.

If I go up to Strasburg at 10400, I end up punting for an outfielder, unless I just go real far down and play Alex Young. If I go down to Pineda from Gray as my Sp1, I think I leave too much upside on the table with the number of aces going

Yeah, that all makes sense. I’m still using some Gray. I’m using less then I would have. I like Pineda more than I probably should. I’m fine with some of the cheap pitchers too, where I’m good with going up to Bieber or Kershaw.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

Was it against the Royals that Bundy gave up something that felt like 8 HRs in the first inning last year??

• mr_papageorgio

@wpatrigo said...

If I go up to Strasburg at 10400, I end up punting for an outfielder

If you need salary play Beeks as your SP2. He’s not great by any stretch but he’s $4400 and pitching as a -200 favorite at home against a terrible offense. Could he get shelled or only end up pitching 3 innings and scoring 6 points? Sure he could, it’s baseball. But he could also pitch 4-5 innings, get the W, and 4x his salary and I think that’s the more likely outcome.

• ASitar

@mr_papageorgio said...

Joc batting 8th isn’t ideal but I remember a few weeks ago I didn’t play Schwarber vs the Brewers because he was batting 8th and he drove in 7 with two dongs that day so yeah. If you liked Joc before he’s still a good play, maybe a slight downgrade due to the batting order but he’s still $3800 against a bad pitcher and worse bullpen and this may just mean he has more RBI chances tonight.

I’m just doing 1 LU on DK. Go back to Muncy/Bellinger or keep Flores/Marte?

• monarch

Weather tonight to look out for in Baltimore and Cincy

Rangers 7,8,9 has value and is on the positive side of Barria reverse splits

• mr_papageorgio

@ASitar said...

I’m just doing 1 LU on DK. Go back to Muncy/Bellinger or keep Flores/Marte?

Both are in good spots. Flores has been red hot but I think he’s hitting over his head and his larger track record suggests he won’t keep it up (though he definitely could again tonight). I’d go Muncy/Bellinger personally but I think either option is reasonable.

• hcassidy

Have to say, Alex Young enticing already put up a 20+ performance at home against the Rockies and no Blackmon. Instead get a Daza, Tapia and Desmond OF that have been beyond putrid.

• 7klub06

thoughts on Red Sox stack low owned?

• 7klub06

Scary but beeks is my SP2

• mr_papageorgio

@7klub06 said...

Scary but beeks is my SP2

I’m with you. What’s the worst that could happen?

• 7klub06

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m with you. What’s the worst that could happen?

see you at the top

• ASitar

That weather has me concerned. Moving from Gray to Hamels. Nunez to deJong and Goins for Turner. Allowed me to go from Lopes to Ohtani and put Muncy/Bellinger back in.

• madmanjayWV

@Unico10 said...

Was it against the Royals that Bundy gave up something that felt like 8 HRs in the first inning last year??

Gotta have a short memory in DFS….had to do a single entry Mr. BUNDY GPP — it’s only $$$

I don’t see any weather issue for CINCY unless there is some pop up T-storm???

Huge slate of AYDS….. should be a fun night — I’m also only seeing 10-20% chance at Camden Yards and it’s not going to be a sitting system if they get anything….

Very simply… BOMB Bailey!!!!
    N Y Y!!!
    ⚾️

• Njsum1

Thoughts on Cindy game…I liked gray a good bit as well as quantrill, what’s everyone’s thoughts, I read Roth’s report, anyone have any additional insight

• ASitar

@madmanjayWV said...

Gotta have a short memory in DFS….had to do a single entry Mr. BUNDY GPP — it’s only $$$

I don’t see any weather issue for CINCY unless there is some pop up T-storm???

Huge slate of AYDS….. should be a fun night — I’m also only seeing 10-20% chance at Camden Yards and it’s not going to be a sitting system if they get anything….

I can’t chance a 0 from a pitcher and I like Gray a lot. Use him every time he pitches. I think ppl will be sweating that start.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Thoughts on Cindy game…I liked gray a good bit as well as quantrill, what’s everyone’s thoughts, I read Roth’s report, anyone have any additional insight

I’ll repeat what I wrote earlier. Delayed start (now official). Everyone will play. My concern for the pitchers is the misty dongs. Gray has the upside. He’s probably fine. I’d be very nervous about Quantrill. Ball could be flying out tonight.

• mr_papageorgio

@Njsum1 said...

Roth tweeted that he loves radar trends and expects it plays.

• monarch

Cincy looks fine now….Baltimore has a lot of pop up storms

• casper

@Pandamonious said...

I’ll repeat what I wrote earlier. Delayed start (now official). Everyone will play. My concern for the pitchers is the misty dongs. Gray has the upside. He’s probably fine. I’d be very nervous about Quantrill. Ball could be flying out tonight.

Off the bat off O’ Grady 27 hr 17 steals in 103 AAA games 2k

• wpatrigo

@mr_papageorgio said...

If you need salary play Beeks as your SP2. He’s not great by any stretch but he’s $4400 and pitching as a -200 favorite at home against a terrible offense. Could he get shelled or only end up pitching 3 innings and scoring 6 points? Sure he could, it’s baseball. But he could also pitch 4-5 innings, get the W, and 4x his salary and I think that’s the more likely outcome.

I’m staying away from Beeks because Seattle has hit lefties pretty well, and beeks has looked pretty bad lately.

• ASitar

I hope Hamels outscores Gray.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler